Who has the best pizza in LV?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning & Meetups' started by Pressit, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Liman

Liman Member

not sure if its hard water, soft water, minerals whatever, we only drink seltzer(club soda) and Nevada has the best water for that. We don't know why, but anywhere in the state we order seltzer from tap, its just always perfect. And as strange as that sounds, perfect, I mean nothing but perfect tasting water with carbonation.
    Im thinking maybe the water lines and things in Nevada are much newer that the east coast, maybe less chemicals in the water, the ice and water seem better.
    now if they would lower the price of a small coffee on the strip down to reasonable, that would be nice.

2. lone irish digit, Sep 11, 2017

lone irish digit

This is Barney,

Some on the board are trying to get your goat with the van advice. What ever you do keep eyes on goat. LID says you should call the short bus since you already have a free ride card.

Thank you very much

Pressit likes this.
  3. badddoin, Sep 11, 2017

badddoin

badddoin Member

If there's one thing I've learned living in Florida my whole life, it's that EVERYTHING is better in NY. I've been listening to New Yorkers by the thousands tell me how much better everything was up there, where they moved from. Funny thing, though, they never seem to move back.

4. Liman

Liman Member

that's because the weather is better, theres no snow, (if you can deal with hurricanes every few years)
    theres no state income tax,.....ANOTHER reason why so many cops, firemen and teachers from NY move to florida, saves what, 4-6 thousand a year?
    Its only 2.5 hours by plane, so they can be back to visit children or children to them within a morning or afternoon.
    They have beautiful beaches like NY and long island,
    Ofcourse, the pizza sucks and the bagels blow but there are certain things in life one has to make compromises for if they want the other things.
    oh, another real big reason wilth the big influx lately to florida from northeast, especially long island, baby boomers are getting ridiculous prices for their homes on LOng island......open houses, lines are 200 feet long and generally most homes are going for more than what they ask for......

my brother has lived in florida for 35 years, him and his wife still make many trips up here for Italian food and broadway/manhattan

but south florida is changing, its almost like another country.

5. James Hall, Sep 11, 2017

James Hall

James Hall Member

where would you suggest ?

6. FredP

FredP Member

Can they make an egg cream?
    Sorry if I sound like the clown.

7. Liman

Liman Member

I doubt many out in Nevada know what an eggcream is.
    when I went up north in Nevada, and asked for seltzer, half of the servers looked at me, so I would say, ya know, club soda, plain soda water? finally it clicks in.
    its like sub, hoagie or hero......

if you want a great eggcream, next time you are in NY, go down to the bowery(yeah, no one wants to go down there), I think its chrystie st, Sammys roumanian steakhouse, the server lines up as many glasses as are at table, holds a seltzer bottle(old fashion seltzer botters with pewter handles) in both hands, and makes a dozen eggcreams at once, its just cool watching him do it.
    great food, but heartattack city for sure, thick fatty meats, fried foods, delicious. in a basement, just tough to get a table there.
    I fully recommend doing the 55 dollars per person everything on the menu tasting. its non stop, all you can eat. (drinks are extra), they bring out the vodka bottles frozen in blocks of ice.

8. Druck

Druck Member

I Already answered the OP' s question.

It's in vegas, where they play craps.

9. von duck, Sep 11, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

You got that right. Just tell them, "we don't give a shit, how they do it up north".:mad: :D.