Was HRR tossing Little Joe toss at recent craps seminar?

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by lone irish digit, Mar 9, 2017.

1. lone irish digit, Mar 9, 2017

lone irish digit

Did HRR use the Little Joe toss instead of his famous on-axis toss in a futile effort to tame a cold table? I really don't know, I wasn't there but Barney found this photo on the internet which looks a little like HRR and that guy is definitely using a Little Joe toss from the table end with possibly his partner Heavy (or maybe James Hall) looking on. Guess one should bet from the darkside if your on or off-axis toss isn't getting the cheese.

[​IMG]

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  2. yacraps, Mar 10, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Lid HRR was also spotted at this party at minutes 1:02 1:42 and again at 2:19 and 2:45 and at the end he's the one with the yellow spotted tie a true rock n roller I like his female companions :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Twelve4s likes this.
  3. twodicebilly, Mar 10, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

LID

Couple of things.... first I know this picture is a fake because Horse was in Tunica with
    me. That is the problem with these craps sites, you cant trust anyone.

Also I have a more serious question which i want to ask you because it appears your the
    only living person that is older than i am.

I take craps serious as you know , or at least I thought I did. But i was talking to a friend
    yesterday, and it seems another friend of mine was in Las Vegas and won some where
    around $40,000 playing craps. We used to play together some, but the more I started
    to hate playing on full tables, the less i play with my olds friends.

Now this guy is still working and does well so money is of little importance to him. He plays
    a game of $25 inside, and $20-$25 fire bet and thinks nothing of a $25 hardways bet or
    higher. He even smells a roll and he is at max across . Now i have seen him in Vegas
    a couple of times when no one here knew he was out there. and he told me several times
    he was well over $10,000 in the hole or just hit $10,000 and was even. I have seen him
    after making $25,000 and so on. He does play a lot, though he does not care who he
    bets on or what side of the table he plays on, and while he says the shot makes no
    difference, he tries very hard to shoot exactly the same.

The question i was asking myself this week is who is a real craps player, a nickle and dime
    guy like me that does not lose often,but never has a real large win, or a guy like that with very
    large wins and i am sure very large loses.

tdb

4. Onautopilot, Mar 10, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I think it is all relative Billy, what one wants from the game, and what one's resources and goals are. It's hard to compare two different players, or if one way is better, until you know the "Rest of The Story". :)

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  5. lone irish digit, Mar 10, 2017

lone irish digit

Without giving this much thought like I do with most of my posts, you are the craps player and your friend is a gambler. Are there any job openings where he works? When I watch guys like him play craps it makes me feel a little impotent. It's like comparing yourself to Liman although we know size doesn't matter.

yacraps, Twelve4s and Onautopilot like this.
  6. TDVegas, Mar 10, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

We are all real craps players.
    Is the guy driving the Kia Sol vs. the guy driving a Porsche 911...not a real driver?
    Is the guy ordering a chicken pot pie vs. the guy ordering lobster...not a real eater?
    Is the guy playing to win $50 vs. the guy playing to win $5,000...not a real player?

We are all real, we exist. Everyone has their own reality. Once people start placing themselves above others in some convoluted "craps hierarchy"---is where you will likely find pushback.

yacraps, Onautopilot and Twelve4s like this.
  7. lone irish digit, Mar 10, 2017

lone irish digit

I don't think there was any implication that a "real craps player" is better than a "gambler" and I even implied there is some envy of gamblers. As the philosopher Kermit said "peoples is peoples.". In general I look at people who see the game as random as depending upon positive variance or luck to win as gamblers which is the large majority of craps players. On the other hand, in general, DIs are conservative and tightwads who won't play the game without a perceived advantage over relying solely on positive variance. No one is any better but that's how I see craps being played daily.

yacraps, Onautopilot and Twelve4s like this.
  8. twodicebilly, Mar 10, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

That was sort my thought. I felt that a little in Tunica. It was a crap less table and things
    were not going to well as I was watching but, I cashed in on the end of the table and
    had a couple of decent rolls. A guy was betting from $250 across to $1200 across. He was
    doing pretty well when I was shooting. I was just being me. I cashed out with a decent
    win. he made thousands...

I am the one that can shoot... he is the one that was betting.

It is indeed an interesting life. The funny thing is I play with thousands and
    thousands in the stock market when I have no control at all, on the table
    I am in control to some extent and I play with a few hundred.

When I first started with GTC and watched the Breaking Vegas video, and then
    I beat Franks year record of rolls over 50..... I thought, well , you know what I thought, I
    was going to be Gordon Geocko and ended up being Bud Fox ( if you saw movie Wall Street).
    I guess if I was a real gambler, I would not have spent the time I have learning my shot.

Twodicebilly

yacraps likes this.
  9. Dave G Ct, Mar 10, 2017

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

LID
    . Was he turning on & off his $24 action?

10. lone irish digit, Mar 10, 2017

lone irish digit

I know what ur getting at but I wasn't there and all we have is a picture on the internet. Need to ask someone from Fla. I must admit it does look like a Little Joe toss though. I also know that the heavy dude isn't Horse but looks like Dan or Steve.

11. Dave G Ct, Mar 10, 2017

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

LID
    Any sightings of SR? Seems to have gone underground.His website is disfunctional.Even the wizard cannot fix it.Will be joining the Dom's board next week .Not a free board which keeps the Rif Raf away lol

12. random_roller, Mar 10, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

If the guy won big on your roll, hopefully he tossed a few chips your way afterwards. I don't start off too big when playing craps, but when I'm at the baccarat table, it can be a completely different story.

yacraps, Twelve4s and Onautopilot like this.
  13. dicepunk, Mar 11, 2017

dicepunk

dicepunk Member

True, but just remember the guy eating Quiche is not a real man.

Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.