" In The Zone"

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by Dave G Ct, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Dave G Ct, Sep 26, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

I am sure you have heard this " He's on a great roll he's in a zone" Now I might upset some DI ers but it is BS! Oblivious to what's around you? Please.
    In fact when I had that 6 point Fire Bet I was helping a newbie next to me place his bets . When I had only the 8 to make I joked to the Box I may make it.He said " I think you will"

Maybe it's people trying to add mystique to the game.Who knows? And please there is no sweet spot on the table another old wives tale.Depending on your toss it varies.BTW can you imagine the lz of that helicopter shot of DeMangos?

Or don't talk to the shooter.More BS. Yes a lot of sacred cows in dice shooting.BTW this goes to random shooters also. So you are at the table just relax and have a good time and don't take it too serious.Right TD?

2. random_roller, Sep 26, 2021

random_roller

random_roller Member

When it comes to throwing the dice, every shooter has different tendencies, routines, superstitions, bets and, perhaps, objectives. At that moment they might be way up, way down, basically even, or just starting the session. The table might be hot, cold, or choppy. Hence, their approach to and how they go about throwing the dice will likely be different from another shooter.

Some shooters take the dice and immediately fling them down towards the other end of the table. Nothing wrong with that approach. Others meticulously inspect the dice, then have a staring contest with them, toss them backwards a few times, set the dice, grip them, re-grip them, stack the dice, unstack them, grip them again, pick them up & perform and exorcism before finally tossing them. They're the craps table equivalent of Mike Hargrove (aka, the Human Rain Delay). Most shooters fall in between those two extremes. To each their own.

Some shooters don't say a word to anybody when they have the dice (excluding instructions about their bets). That's their prerogative. Others talk to more people (including beverage servers) than a candidate just before a big election. Blah blah blah blah blah... Most fall somewhere in between those extremes. Again, to each their own. Whatever the shooter is comfortable with, hopefully the others at the table will follow along -- especially during a hot roll.

yacraps likes this.
  3. Dave G Ct, Sep 26, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

RR

Still they take it too seriously.Or they are not used to being " there". Fine to each his own.But what I was trying to get across " there is no mysterious zone" Also no mysterious " table energy"

4. random_roller, Sep 26, 2021

random_roller

random_roller Member

Just as there is no Bigfoot, right?

What you believe is up to you. However, others are free to believe what they choose to believe, and that includes how they approach playing at the the craps table.

yacraps and lone irish digit like this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Sep 26, 2021

basicstrategy777

I think evidence you can see in sports, all sports, are people when they are "in the zone"........they can't miss.......there definately is such a thing and it is when mind/body/spirit all merge together.......RE: table energy....you say there is no such thing........when 16 people are all on the sme page with the shooter, without questio there is table energy.......the shooter is bullet-proof....he knows it...the dealers know it...the people at the table know it......to bet against him would be a mistake..............do not discount these things.......they exist...you see them...you feel them....you just know.........

IMHFO.

yacraps and random_roller like this.
  6. Mssthis1, Sep 26, 2021

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

Doyle Brunson won the final hand of the WSOP main event twice with 10-2 because he knew he was "In the zone". Sometimes you can feel it if you're in tune with the universe and what is going on around you.

True or not, I despise playing a craps game that has no flow or rhythm to it. If the late bets are falling like rain and the player/dealer disputes are common, I'd rather scoop hog shit than play at a table like that. If you aren't enjoying your time at the table you shouldn't be playing.

A while back on an Interblock stadium game, I tripled my bet on the 4 with only a second or so left on the timer. The guy is the next seat saw it. Next roll was a 4. When he asked how I knew I just told him I was psycho. lol.

7. Dave G Ct, Sep 26, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

There is table energy because the shooter is making his points.The energy did not cause those hits! That woman who set the record for longest hand hardly was in the zone.She just tossed them and was fortunate ! You people are in another land! Hypnotized we are us!

lone irish digit likes this.

8. FredP

FredP Member

I believe the term comes from tennis. When a player was “on” he/she was in the zone. I remember it was applied to Arther Ashe a few times.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    yacraps likes this.
  9. basicstrategy777, Sep 26, 2021

basicstrategy777

to deny things you have seen...you have experienced,,,,,,but cannot quantify or prove......is a mistake.

I view craps as a game in which using math is important....but to have any chance, you need something else, and that something else is art......if you are a good guesser...or are just lucky...or your hunches are more right than wrong.....you should use these things when playing.......if it is all random, it can't hurt you.....but if it is random and you have a hunch....bet a bunch.....the worst that can happen is what would have happened anyway.........BUT, the little voices in your head might have been right.

I have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times called off my bets and a 7 was rolled on the next toss.....I can't tell you how much money the little voices saved me..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    HornHighBLEVE and yacraps like this.
  10. Dave G Ct, Sep 26, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Basic

Nothing wrong in playing hunches- all for it.We are not robots

11. Dave G Ct, Sep 27, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

So the next time you see a shooter go through the " I am in a zone " it's probably an act and he's probably a Randie so it would be utter impossible to be in any zone!

Hey these " stars for the moment" love the Big A. attention. It's a fuckin joke!

12. basicstrategy777, Sep 27, 2021

basicstrategy777

this is an interesting subject......you are only aware of 3 dimensions, but there are more........there is much yet to be learned....

yacraps and random_roller like this.
  13. Dave G Ct, Sep 27, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Now you are sounding like that spacenick from Kansas

lone irish digit likes this.
Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.