Yesterday was not a day to be outside in Vegas!

Discussion in 'Craps Stories & Trip Reports' started by superrick, Dec 17, 2016.

1. superrick, Dec 17, 2016

superrick

superrick Member

We think of you all of the time that is why we live in Vegas, I can't take the cold. I don't know how you guys do it and I hope that it warms up for Christmas for all of you guys in other parts of the country!

random_roller likes this.
  2. random_roller, Dec 17, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Thanks, SR. I've lived in the Midwest most of my life, so I guess I'm used to it...or at least accepted the inevitable bad weather in the winter. Hope all is well. Take advantage of the cooler weather and head out with the metal setector. Winds might have uncovered some treasures.

3. Onautopilot, Dec 17, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Having lived in northern Indiana during my younger years, I have all the sympathy in the world for all of you back in the Midwest and east coast right now. :)

4. Onautopilot, Dec 17, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

There is a club out here that does a lot of gold and gem prospecting, I went to a meeting last year, but didn't join because I wasn't sure how long I was staying then. I might join this time, and see what I can learn.

I spend some time in Florida, but mostly in the panhandle, Pensacola. I have some friends there, and we do some fishing. Don't think any treasure boats plied those gulf waters, but the beach metal detecting sounds inviting, what better place to practice.

I did go out to the Borrego desert and used it some, but so far, I have mostly just messed with burying nuggets and trying different settings, and depths. I know you have years of experience, and would welcome a trip to the desert out there with you.....I pay all the expenses. What is the best time of year?

As for craps, we can leave that for discussion after the prospecting trip.....we both probably have some things to share in that respect, I do have more than just a little experience with that. :)

5. azbroncfan, Dec 27, 2016

azbroncfan

azbroncfan Member

My wife and I had a lot of fun on the 17th. Even the night of the 16th. I even got up half in the bag and ran the loop from Mandalay bay to the Wynn and back. We started off at Carlo and did okay. Then we went to Bellagio where we played for 4 hours and left 100 up. Then we went back to NYNY and Mandalay where we did quite well. Gambled 2 of us for 2 days straight and left plus 500.

Twelve4s likes this.