WinCraps Pro Auto-bet

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by VA_Darksider, Feb 21, 2021 at 12:47 PM.

1. VA_Darksider

VA_Darksider Member

Hello all. First time posting here. I'm new to Wincraps Pro but not new to programming. Is there a way to change bettors in an auto-bet file. I would like to run simulations with multiple players playing different strategies which would include holding off betting when the shooter is cold.

2. von duck

von duck Member

At what point are you going to declare that the shooter is "cold"? And then at what point does he become "betable" again?

3. VA_Darksider

VA_Darksider Member

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that I would use program settings to see if there is a tipping point. Playing dark, if a shooter takes down x number of Don'ts should I not re-bet. I just can't figure out how to change bettors in the program.

4. von duck

von duck Member

You really don't need a computer program, to analyze this strategy. Simple logic should suffice. If a shooter has taken down any number of dont bets, your chances of winning or losing the next bet, are the same as they were on the first bet. Streaks happen, but can only be analyzed in retrospect. There is no "majic" number "X". On average, you will always fare better, by not placing the next bet, regardless of what the previous results were.

5. VA_Darksider

VA_Darksider Member

Thanks von duck. Sometimes I have to prove to myself that there is no magic strategy. Still would like to know if there is a way to manage several players in an auto-bid file.

dustedone likes this.

6. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet Member

WinCraps Pro developer Steen, is a member of this forum, but he hasn't posted in a while. You could try contacting him directly through his website. He responded promptly to my emails in the past.

dustedone and yacraps like this.

7. VA_Darksider

VA_Darksider Member

Thanks!

8. dustedone

dustedone Member

Welcome to the forum. Von Dick good for a laugh from time to time. Not to helpful on the storefront. He likes to ask a question of your question.

And yes there is a way to manage multi-player(s) just haven t used it myself.

good luck