Why People Can't Face the Truth about OBAMA....

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Dec 29, 2015.

1. black3car, Dec 30, 2015

black3car

black3car Member

I have not missed voting in an election since I was old enough to vote. In Indiana our vote doesn't count real heavy for President because of how late our primary is and remember the electoral college determines the winner, not necessarily the popular vote. For that reason, I don't put as much emphasis on the Presidential election as I do the local, state, and federal representative elections. Having said that, folks we missed the boat a long time ago.

Not one President in my voting life time has been able to govern without issues. The situation we are in politically has been a group effort. The moment salaries for political office started to rise and perks of the offices and loose rules and laws as to how politicians can receive money, spend money, save money and not use it all for a run at a political office has corrupted the system.

Anyone can give so called "facts" to prove or disprove any President's success or failures. That is why it is called "spin". And we buy it all the time. Until we put laws in to effect that cause politicians to actually do their jobs, nothing will change. Politics or political office should not be a career. It is an opportunity to represent the people of the country and act in THEIR best interests instead of the interests of the politicians.

In my opinion, there should be some form of term limits. Any U.S. Senator and or Congressman who is part of a Senate or House that does not balance the budget should not be allowed to run for office again. Furthermore, the wages of Senators and House of Representatives should be lowered. We need statesmen or women not politicians. We need to get rid of the greed in Washington. Political offices should not be where people migrate to to become wealthy and have a life long career.

Because of this I really don't know of a President in my voting life that I can say was a good President. Our political officials are in Washington for the wrong reasons. It has become a city of "spin" a so called shell game and we are apathetic enough as a society that we really don't care what shell the ball is under. We complain about it all the time. What gets me the most is it seems those who complain the loudest...don't vote. In the last presidential election only 58.2% of eligible voters voted according to The Huffington Post.

2. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

Sen. Bernie Sanders said Monday that the Obama administration is not being forthright with the American people about the real unemployment rate.

The Vermont senator told a Portland, Maine, audience of 7,500 that the Labor Department’s 5.3 percent unemployment rate is a ruse.

“There is another set of government statistics,” the independent senator said, The Daily Caller reported, “and that real unemployment if you include those people who have given up looking for work and the millions of others who are working part-time 20, 25 hours a week when they want to work full-time, when you put all of that together, real unemployment is 10.5 percent.”

A July 2 report by the Labor Department said the U.S. economy added 223,000 in the previous month. Payroll gains for April and May, however, were revised downward by 60,000 jobs.

3. basicstrategy777, Dec 30, 2015

basicstrategy777

We will get what we deserve.......

• 132 million people voted in American Idol
    • 122 million voted in the last US Presidential election

God bless America...........if you really love us you will make sure your humble servent, the Trumpster, will get elected President of the United States of America. We need an edge...we need a PI...please hear my prayer. It's important.

4. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

Bought down over the last 7 years with tax dollars buying our own bonds.
    Do you understand how this works??
    Long term it will destroy the dollar. Do you have dollars??

Pressit likes this.
  5. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

This is due completely from drilling on private property where the President cannot stop it. He has stopped all drilling on all government land.
    And you give him credit. (brainwashing)

6. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

Obama said since taking office the country has seen "our deficits cut by two-thirds."

His claim is accurate if you use 2009, his first year in office with an historically high deficit, as a starting point.

The claim ignores a stark reality about the deficits, however. The country’s spending is not expected to continue its downward route, according to federal forecasters, for factors that include increased interest payments on the debt and the lack of substantial policy changes for the country’s biggest programs, like Social Security and Medicare.

The deficits have largely come down as a result of the improved economy for which Obama cannot assume full credit.

We rate the claim Mostly True.

But read the entire article.... http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-obama-claims-deficit-has-decreased-two-thir/

7. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

Liz Ann Sonders, chief investment strategist at Charles Schwab, described the market turmoil as "a period where there was just a tremendous amount of uncertainty and maybe lack of confidence in central banks." She characterized China's recent moves as simply "a straw" that launched the major bout of selling.

[​IMG]
    Stocks are ready for more rock and roll

She also said the Fed has shaken markets' confidence—calling the Federal Open Market Committee the "Federal Open Mouth Committee."

Still, the U.S. economy is "doing pretty well," Rick Rieder, BlackRock's chief investment officer of fixed income told CNBC. Compared to the crisis of 2008 "you have an unbelievably different dynamic," he said, as the consumer and the financial system are comparatively delevered.

But "there's a lot more to come" from Beijing, he warned, explaining that commodity indicators show the Chinese economy is decelerating.

In fact, those commodities may signal that the global financial system is ready to rebound when they stabilize, Rieder said.

U.S. index futures swung during Wednesday evening trading, but pointed to a positive Thursday open just before 8 p.m. ET.

During Wednesday's regular trading hours, U.S. stocks shot higher, breaking a six-day losing streak that drove major averages into correction territory.

In addition to an oversold bounce, some analysts attributed the gains to comments from the Fed's William Dudley that a September rate hike looks "less compelling" and a strong durable-goods report.

See what the futures are doing now.

The major averages closed about 4 percent higher for their best day since 2011, with the S&P 500 rising out of correction territory. The index had fallen into correction during Monday's massive selloff.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/26/cramer-astonished-more-people-werent-disheartened.html

8. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

My Opinion... Barry Soetoro will go down in history as the worlds most destructive person ever.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=barry soetoro

9. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

The monster he has built wont stop growing untill the next war starts in ernest. I expect a military draft in this country to resume within the next three years. No matter who is president.

10. Settingcanthurt, Dec 30, 2015

Settingcanthurt

Yea look at where it went. A billion to a Canadian software company owned by his wifes classmate.The software has been tossed because it completely failed. And the HMO's who were to be supported are pulling out.
    This is one minor thing.

11. Pressit, Dec 30, 2015

Pressit

Pressit Member

Here is a fact that goes under reported. 15% of all US families are on Food Stamps, and 20% of the US population are on Food Stamps.

There is a misunderstanding of the unemployment rate. The unemployment rate does not take into consideration and can not accurately compute all the people who have taken themselves out of the job market. Just can not count the people who are there. If they were included the true unemployment rate wouldbe @ 10%. The US GDP growth rate is moving along in first gear. New Job creation needs to be @325k per month, and the 12 million jobs O states that have been created under administration, includes mostly part time jobs. The employment participation rate is near the 40 year lows. There is a reason why O doesn't vacation in the green rolling hills of W Va.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  12. basicstrategy777, Dec 30, 2015

basicstrategy777

13. Grizzoola, Dec 30, 2015

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

14. Grizzoola, Dec 30, 2015

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Nobody! I repeat, nobody! saw what the "Arab Spring" would bring about. It was a G.W. Bush dream come true! Democracy, finally, in the Arab states! But, I get your position: You believe you can predict the future in craps play. :confused:

Obama pursued a Republican plan on immigration reform, but the Tea Party, etc. Republicans were so set on negating anything Obama tried to do that immigration reform failed. Not due to Obama, but YOU REPUBLICANS, WHO HAVE THE GALL TO ACCUSE OBAMA OF FAILING, WHICH WAS YOUR PURPOSE! :confused:

You'll see. You'll see in this next election, the American people seeing through Republican duplicity. Mark my words.

15. Grizzoola, Dec 30, 2015

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Same to you. Get help fast!

16. basicstrategy777, Dec 30, 2015

basicstrategy777

I can see him now. President Trump. Sitting at that White House desk....spinning around and around in that big leather chair with his Make America Great hat on. And signing executive orders that will destroy all that liberal crap dumbo-ears signed into law. It's gonna be great !!

17. badddoin, Dec 30, 2015

badddoin

badddoin Member

I'm a long-distance truck driver. I drive all around this great country delivering goods to all types of businesses. I deliver to grocery warehouses, places that make boxes, printers, beer distributors, recyclable facilities, plumbing suppliers - you name it, I've probably delivered it.

Moving around like that, and constantly visiting these businesses, gives a unique sense of the economy. ALMOST everywhere I go these days I see help wanted signs. Whenever I get a chance, I ask these folks, "Ya stayin' busy?"

Invariably, they admit that things are much better than they were.

Then I get back in my truck and ride down the road and catch Rush Limbaugh, or Glen Beck, or Snitzel or whatever the freak his name is, and they're going on and on about how terrible everything is. Four years into this economic recovery, and Rush Limbaugh's still calling it a recession. Finally, when he could no longer deny it, he switched to, "worst recovery in history."

Then we got the OP here posting this nonsense, "Obama is destroying America. . ."

If you really want to help our economy out, then go down to your local gun store and buy some more guns at their seventh annual "Obama's gonna take all your guns" sale. BUT HURRY!

History will remember this president as one of the better presidents.

I didn't vote for him, because I wasn't that impressed with him, and I'm still not, but overall, I think he did a good job.

Now Berny Sanders, on the other hand, I'll make a point to get to the polls for him. He's the real deal.

18. dicepunk, Dec 30, 2015

dicepunk

dicepunk Member

I don't like all this negativity. Is there a Safe Space on this site?

[​IMG]

19. thaferrett, Dec 30, 2015

thaferrett

thaferrett Member

keep on trucking.........I own a small fleet of trucks down here in texas. We move O&G equipment, I know your struggle homie.

20. thaferrett, Dec 30, 2015

thaferrett

thaferrett Member

nothing like our forefathers. Serve your country and then go back to civilian life.
    I hate all these SOBs don't know who to vote for.