Why lay odds on Don't Come?

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by nighthawk1, Jan 18, 2011.

1. The Midnight Skulker, Feb 3, 2011

The Midnight Skulker

In return you also stabilize playing time. Remember, however, that Alan's analysis looks only at the situation of a don't bet that has established a point of 4. If this hedging technique, which I believe its originator called "Can't Lose", is used for all don't bets that go behind a point the player faces a house advantage of around 2.5% (vs. 1.4% for a straight don't strategy) because of the comeout hill don't bets must climb.

2. dustedone, Feb 3, 2011

dustedone

dustedone Member

I am NOT seeing the break down of the losses myself. Are you speaking of hedgeing each point against itself? If this is the case "yes" I can see the losses; I be chasing a dragon if I tried to balance out the table w/ the field and horn bets in play. I am speaking of a hedged table against two or more DP/DC points. Also, I am speaking of DOUBLE ODDS on a table in most case people are going to find more table w/ greater odds.(3X4X5 odds the norm?)

3. goatcabin, Feb 3, 2011

goatcabin

goatcabin Member

Actually, in the example it was a point of 5. If it had been 4, it would have an expected value of $13.33.

The more points you do this for, as Midnight says, the more it costs you in ev.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

4. goatcabin, Feb 3, 2011

goatcabin

goatcabin Member

5. joe57777, Aug 11, 2012

joe57777

joe57777 Member

Please show me how I can turn the table into a "money generator" with smaller betting amounts if possible.

6. dustedone, Aug 12, 2012

dustedone

dustedone Member

joe,

I hope the PM answered your question. Again, this is all a base play for a system not a game strategy. All aspects of play are built on game conditions and reconizing favorable outcomes w/ in the games itself.

I feel that persons like the goatcabin live in fear of the math and forget that this is gambling; and that the outcomes are not written in stone.

good luck