Who you got, Cavs or Warriors?

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Twelve4s, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Amina

Amina Member

To be honest, never liked this game since the moment i had played it in childhood.

2. Amina

Amina Member

Olympics men's basketball semi-finals:
    Australia - Serbia
    Spain - USA.
    Will be very interesting. US will have big problems in game against Spain, definitely.

3. basicstrategy777, Aug 18, 2016

basicstrategy777

wanna bet ?

The US will beat Spain like a rented mule.

PSUhard8 likes this.

4. Amina

Amina Member

Maybe, you know. But i'm in doubt about this game. US hasn't been so impressive yet.

5. basicstrategy777, Aug 19, 2016

basicstrategy777

The US have the best players and the best coach. This is a tough combination. They can be beat but they won't be. Trust me.

6. wonko33, Aug 19, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

it is always a question of having these big egos playing together, it is never in question that they have the best players. That's why like you said the coaching is very important.

Still about the Olympics: Have you guys read some of the comments from the Golf players? Many say it was the best golfing experience they ever had, they loved the experience and think that once the word gets out it will be a much harder selection process if there is golf at the next games. I for one thought it was pretty cool to have golf again.

random_roller likes this.
  7. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

I'm happy that those who chose to represent their country at the Olympic games in golf, which was making its return to the games after a long absence, and thoroughly enjoyed the competition and environment. I would be thrilled if I could represent the US in basketball and it would take me less than a millisecond to accept (if selected) but, alas, I'm not quite good enough.

8. basicstrategy777, Aug 19, 2016

basicstrategy777

I agree with you wonko33......those pussy golfers that did not play were. IMHO, stupid and selfish. Like they're gonna die.

They missed out on something they may not have a shot at again. People, for the most part, are short sighted. They're granddad's probably fought in WW2...and they are afraid of a fuckin' mosquito. Pussy's.

9. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Which team from Spain and the US is going to show up? Both have been inconsistent at times during round robin play. And let's be honest -- this isn't the best team the US could send, with LeBron James, Stephon Curry and a few other top players not on the US men's basketball team. Not an excuse, just an observation.

If the US plays team basketball, it will win even though the International game is a bit different from the NBA game. Superior talent usually prevails when well coached.

10. basicstrategy777, Aug 19, 2016

basicstrategy777

Spain will lose by at least 10...at least.

11. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Let's make it interesting -- if Spain wins, we depart Ryan Lochte back to Brazil.

12. basicstrategy777, Aug 19, 2016

basicstrategy777

If Spain wins, I'll kiss your ass in Macy's window, broadway, New York City, NY, at noon time. ( just kidding, just kidding....no onions )

13. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

If that's what you're laying on the line, I'm hoping the US wins by at least 40 so the outcome is never in doubt from the opening tip-off. No offense, but I doubt there is anyone on this forum who'd want to collect on that payoff. :D

14. basicstrategy777, Aug 19, 2016

basicstrategy777

If they are focused, it could be a blow out......but I'm figuring a 10-15 point game.

15. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Spain has decent players, including a few who have NBA experience. Let's hope the US is focused and executes the game plan and moves on to the gold medal game.

16. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Doug Collins is looking old. Must be watching too much Northwestern basketball these days. For my money, though, he's still the best analyst on TV.

17. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Officials are a bit fiesty this afternoon -- already 5 technical fouls whistled in the fist half. One of these days, the US will figure out how to cover a big man who shoots from the outside. Sad, because it's not like Dirk Nowitzki is on the court playing for Spain.

18. random_roller, Aug 19, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Admit it -- during the last 5 minutes of the game you were more concerned than James Feigen was after the Brazilian police warned the American swimmer he would have a lot of boyfriends in prison if he didn't make amends. That 2nd offensive foul call against Spain late in the game was a terrible call and that effectively ended any chance for the upset. Not great execution by the US, but they're in the gold medal game.

19. basicstrategy777, Aug 20, 2016

basicstrategy777

I watched the game. If we are talking about the same foul, it was clearly, very clearly, an offensive foul. The Spaniard, drove to the basket and shot with his right hand and pushed the defensive player with his left arm.

I wasn't worried about the game in the slightest. The USA just had better players ; they say defense wins championships and they played very good defense. The US did not play their best game. Spain had to play great and the US had to play bad for Spain to have a chance.

The game went pretty much like I figured....I said 10, they won by 6.

As you know I have an advantage over most, as I can see things before they happen.

yacraps likes this.
  20. random_roller, Aug 20, 2016

random_roller

random_roller Member

Nah, the official blew that call. The first offensive foul call (the clearout with the left hand on the drive to the basket) was absolutely correct.and an easy call. The 2nd offensive foul -- the one I was referring to -- Durant (I believe) and a Spanish player (LLull?) had their arms hooked. Durant (the defender trying to tie up the ball) was the instigator, so it should have been a foul on Durant. It should have been an easy call, but I think the official was ticked off at the Spanish coach who was still "discussing" the previous offensive foul call a few minutes before.

I thought the US didn't play that well on defense. The US perimeter defenders got beat off the dribble quite often and gave up 14 offensive rebounds to Spain. What saved the US was DeAndre Jordan blocking several shots at the rim (and altering others), as well as getting 21 offensive rebounds, which led to 7 more shots than Spain managed (79-72) and 5 more FGs (33-28) made. That was the game.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016