Which Don't method is Best?

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by KokomoJoe4, Sep 1, 2019.

1. HornHiYo, Sep 11, 2019

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

Thanks for explaining all that. It’s a potent strategy. I prefer right side but do not hesitate switching to dark as she goes. Although I will lay odds for sports bets I don’t lay odds in craps. Instead I switch to green and play a simple three bet strategy consisting of one don’t pass bet followed by two don’t come bets. If one bet gets knocked off on the way out I try again but no more than four attempts to establish three bets. I live with whatever number of bets get established in four tosses. It has worked ok in quite a few games and it doesn’t hurt the bankroll too much when it does not match the game. Unfortunately, it has never won anywhere near the amount you just won with the Dice Dr strategy.
    Congratulations!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    yacraps, KokomoJoe4 and TDVegas like this.
  2. KokomoJoe4, Sep 11, 2019

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

HHY,

Hardly ever play the Don'ts myself, and have been trying to convince myself to be more open to it, but since I play infrequently nowadays, I'm going to play the Do unless getting beat up.

Like you, I did not want to lay odds and never did, but if you think about it, Sam is right - the time to put out the odds is when you are favored. Sure, we have to lay out more than we will win on them, but this what goes with favoritism.

Last Fri was a fast, huge win! What could be better? I'm pretty sure Sam would poo-poo my right side play. He definitely likes the parlays, but he recommends never using more than single odds as underdog on the Do. I want to get to max odds ASAP.

While he recommends progressions on the win, his are not aggressive enough for me. I'm lucky the way the come out losers causing regressions worked for me on Fri, otherwise I'd have lost a 125/1250 or 250/2500 bet to end things instead of a 25/250.

yacraps and HornHiYo like this.
  3. twodicebilly, Sep 11, 2019

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Koko

Like I said I person can believe what ever they want. I think that over-all there will
    be a certain amount of 6 and 8's thrown and there is nothing you can do about that.
    But there is no rule of math that suggests you and I have to throw the exact number of
    6 or 8 or that you and I have to have the same number of 30 rolls, or win the
    same number of ATS bets. Pat Demarow has a 154 shot hand, that did not alter the over-all
    expected results of the game. You could go out tomorrow and have 4 .30 or better rolls and
    that would not impact my expected results this weekend.

We should each take all the knowledge and experience we have to the table and play according
    to that.

TDB

eagleeye2 likes this.
  4. KokomoJoe4, Sep 12, 2019

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

TDB,

You are stating exactly as the person who believes its all random does. That is, we just don't have an effing clue about what will happen.

I personally believe that the reason this is true is because dice outcomes are completely random. All that we really know about these outcomes are that they will be a number btwn 2 and 12, and that they will show 1 of 36 ways.

Incidentally, I believe that the number of 6's and 8's that show in a 30 roll hand will definitely be a number btwn 0 and 30, but that's as descriptive as I can get.

yacraps likes this.
  5. twodicebilly, Sep 12, 2019

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Koko

To be real honest if I felt like you do I would quit this day and never
    play the game again.

TDB

6. TDVegas, Sep 12, 2019

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

He is playing short sessions, maybe...what 10-15 times a year?....once a month, maybe twice.

Based on that selection.....anything can happen, including winning. He knows that. Even you know that. You said it yourself.....
    I also think he just proved that out by his recent $4,700 win. At worst....he's got a lot of juice to run into a dry patch for his next 10 sessions....and considering his low HA method of play, I think he has a darn fine chance to keep himself profitable this year...and then some. Plus, I'm assuming he enjoys the added benefit of he enjoys playing craps.

The better question is why would he quit the game?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    yacraps and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  7. KokomoJoe4, Sep 12, 2019

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

????

So we disagree about DI, who the fuck cares? I don't hold it against you that you are a believer. I simply disagree with you on the topic.

No way I'm quitting, especially after that awesome winner the other day.

8. basicstrategy777, Sep 13, 2019

basicstrategy777

How many things can happen when you walk up to the table..........dice hot....dice 50/50......dice cold..........2 outta 3 ain't that good

So what's the best way to start your play.....to me, I would start playing don't........I would switch to right when the dice start turning..........why would you start playing right , right away, if the chances for a right player are not that good. .................note: I qualify the shooter, is how I start.....I really don't like playing don't and will do so when things are very, very obvious.

yacraps, HornHiYo and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  9. twodicebilly, Sep 13, 2019

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

koko

I did not say I hold your beleifs against you either. But my reasons to play have evolved
    to a point where they are not the same as they were the first many years I played the game.

Last weekend, my brother and I were perch fishing in Minn. not doing real well and I put
    on a bait you dont use in the summer and we started to do well. the next day they were hitting
    well and I sat down and my brother said you are not changing baits when they are hitting this
    good??? I added a strip of fish belly and it got even better. The fun is in fishing, catch or not, good fun
    is in catching nice fish, the best fun by far is making a change and doing real well !!!!

Craps for me has become the same. Once I learned there are things I can do to change my
    outcomes, then finding and doing those things is where the fun is. I want to hit the table,
    and see if I can beat it. If on that day I find I cant beat it....I am fine with that, I feel I did something
    wrong, try to see what it was and do better next time. I dont fear a lose because your
    not going to beat the table all the time, and since I dont need the money, I dont mind leaving
    the table after a small win.

All my friends here play like I used to. for fun, lose most of the time and win now and then. Maybe
    in reflection, they are right and I am wrong....but I have learned to be myself, because there is
    really no one else I can be.

I play craps 5 weeks a year or so away from home on trips.....and TDV is correct, i dont play much at home
    at all because they have replaced all the tables I liked except 2 and those two require 3-5 hours
    drive and most of a day.....and I got to many other things to do.

Koko, I dont believe like you and TDV believe about the game, but if you think about it, I dont really
    play any differently, I have a certain set of things that guide how I play, you and TDV have a certain
    way or set of things that guide your play, we dont play the same, but we play within a frame work
    of our past experiences.

TDB

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    HornHiYo and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  10. Neverquit, Sep 25, 2019

Neverquit

Neverquit Member

KK----, haven't been on a awhile but just read your answer to my question. Thank you. I appreciate the info and just might try that in a few weeks when I can get back on a table

yacraps likes this.