Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by ZeusyZeus, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Twelve4s, Apr 22, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Works for me

betwthelines likes this.
  2. betwthelines, Apr 22, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

ok, bragging to your point here a little bit but i have given several likes to posts of peoples with whom--in general--i disagree completely when it comes to their takes about craps...hall, tdb, hardly, demang come to mind just off the top...

yes, bragging of a sort here...holier than thou type stuff.

even YOU, tt...yes, i have even given you some likes too and everybody knows that i hate your fucking guts

tom p
    g. geist: lol

Twelve4s and tabletop123 like this.
  3. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

The whole thing with tdb is actually quite perplexing...

He says he derives no enjoyment or happiness in being a member here...
    He does not like how the forum is run...
    He says he no longer posts anything substantive on DI...
    He laments those that have left...

A common sense question would be "OK, what's he doing here"?...and by no means am I suggesting he leaves. Quite the contrary. I'm simply asking the question based on his feelings about the forum.

The only conclusions I can come up with is 1 of 3...
    He's here to troll others (rile up-see TT's comment)...
    He actually does enjoy this forum...
    He's a masochist...

or, all 3.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    HornHighBLEVE likes this.
  4. HornHiYo, Apr 23, 2017

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

I thought he wanted to talk about DI "secrets" with an exclusive group of Short Bussers and hand-picked-DIs in a private forum away from chunkers and "so-called-DIs" that gather here. Maybe it's a two-pond concept; one for scientific research and one for trolling practice?

TDVegas and Onautopilot like this.
  5. HornHiYo, Apr 23, 2017

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

ROTFLMAO! Seriously.... are you on drugs???

Borrowing a format from OAP consider and make no mistake..... "Ya pitch your opinions and ya takes your chances."

6. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I admit I don't really get it...

-billy wants to go to Disney World in the summer with no lines...
    -He wants a hamburger at KFC...
    -He wants to fish for Marlin in a lake...
    -He wants to voice an opinion on an open forum with no critical response or no response UNLESS that person has a validated reason to respond...

He has as much chance of getting his last wish as the first 3....

7. Onautopilot, Apr 23, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

8. Settingcanthurt, Apr 23, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Exception being to brag proudly about their accomplished, throwing their predicted numbers and show pictures of chip stack castles.

Where are those posts anyway??

TDVegas likes this.
  9. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

OT...beautiful day here yesterday. Did some hiking up the Spring Mountains. Also stumbled upon this giant at a desert shop. Cactus Joe's. Apt. I would say a good 25 feet tall.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Onautopilot likes this.
  10. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

It's a fine line. It's nice to hear about trip reports and how players did...but it's not difficult to ascertain whether someone is merely telling us about their trip and their experiences (good and bad) or whether the intent is to showcase his "winning abilities."

The former is good. The latter is bragging. Our former Cowboy member (among a few here) liked the latter.

I can generally tell when one is an informational trip report post or the post is out to affirm ones abilities to others.

11. Settingcanthurt, Apr 23, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Square peg in the round hole type huh??

TDVegas likes this.
  12. Settingcanthurt, Apr 23, 2017

Settingcanthurt

13. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Looks it, right....No, only about 10 miles from where I live here. Just due west of Vegas.

14. Settingcanthurt, Apr 23, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Who planted that Saguaro?? It aint native to the area. The rest I believe.

15. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

You're right....someone did. Hell, I don't even think palm trees are native to this area....I'll show you about a billion palm trees all over Vegas. Planted.

I did visit the Saguaro Park (Arizona?)...site to be seen. Absolute monster cactus.

16. Settingcanthurt, Apr 23, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Looked it up. Cactus Jacks...
    Having logged many miles and months in the Sonoran Desert you tend to take interest in the only thing worthy. Learning it takes a hundred years to grow and supposedly the arms take many more each to grow. They are protected and can only be moved as when say a road is going in or something. At that point they are sold usually as a landscape decor or such. Seeing one in Nevada would make me wonder how they survive long days of freezing weather which it does do there.
    Elevation alone stops their spreading maybe as much for what birds may eat the seeds of their flowers and poop em out. Nature sure can wonder and humble man.

Twelve4s and TDVegas like this.
  17. TDVegas, Apr 23, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

They've got everything. Pottery, planters, plants, trees, nik-naks, jewelry, Buddhas, steel sculptures, glass rocks, etc, etc....it's a place just off Blue Diamond Road. Very nice to walk thru and take a look. Like a side road show store. Geckos running around.

Some of the ceramic planters are just utterly huge.

Since its at a higher elevation then Las Vegas...it's actually a bit colder there in the winter. As you say...I would wonder how it survives the cold. It's huge.

18. twodicebilly, Apr 23, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

tabletop

here is what I mean by what I said....

There are two kinds of censorship.... the one that limits your involvement or one that
    makes it so uncomfortable that you don't get involved or voice your opinion because it is not
    worth the effort.

At Christmas I was talking to one of my grand kids....she is in college in California...She made it
    clear she was surprised how many professors hate her and folks like her, middle class hard working
    folks from the center of the country.... she said she found out quick you don't voice your opinion
    about life or politics if it disagrees with him.....

he never told her that her opinion was not allowed...... but made it clear you better not have one
    different than his.

Same on this site... Autoguy and TDV will tell you this is free forum...but as you have seen it better
    go alone with their view on dice control or working with sets etc.....

Now I differ with those that left this site, I thought that was BS... they should have stayed right
    here and voiced their views and if enough did,you would have a decent discussion by those
    that shared the same interest....that did not happen, I am here alone... I am fine with that, I like
    my toss, my results and I don't give a crap what anyone else says....

Tabletop, I never asked you to defend dice control, or any thing like that....I simply ask you help
    get a free and open craps forum, which wlecomes all points of view

.you said this.....I speak what I FEEL is the truth! I will NOT side with ANYONE......Just because!

well I am not like that...... I think these guys are way out of line and I say so...and if I have to stand alone on
    this, I am not afraid to be in that position...

This is not about dice control. it is about anyones right to have an opinion, that you can express without
    being censored by our two proefessors.

tdb

twpdicebilly

19. Onautopilot, Apr 23, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Good for you Billy....express your opinions, and don't be afraid to stand "alone" with them if other's don't always agree with you! And it's perfectly alright to voice your opinion that, "These guys are way out of line.". Just as it is perfectly alright for us "guys" to respond in kind.

You just agreed that this is a free, and open forum by making this statement!

I'm glad you decided to stick around, shows you have some moxy....not like those other guys that turned tail and ran when they didn't get the "admiration" they were looking for.

Twelve4s and HornHighBLEVE like this.
  20. AzDice, Apr 23, 2017

AzDice

AzDice Member

TDB,
    I'm a person who plays craps and knows a lot about the game but not enough to hold my own against people with more table time than me or someone who knows more about table odds. That's a couple reasons I don't get in to a lot of discussions.
    I do like reading your postings regarding your trips and your time at the table.
    It's too bad that forum members who have a different opinion than you, feel that they should post their differences. They should just let it go.
    Yes, I understand it's an open forum. But let it go. Some feel they need to respond to dice setting posts. I don't call it DI because we aren't influencing anything.
    They can't understand that dice setting is nothing more than trying to get better than the average SSR. Dice setting is not about sniping numbers. It's about throwing more than the average

lone irish digit likes this.