What the hell is going on on this Forum?

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by NewrollerFB, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Liman

Liman Member

a lot of times when I play in aqueduct, I lay my cell phone or players card over the area where my bank is displayed.
    there is nothing worse than some jackass standing over me worrying what Im playing. It happens frequently, but no one has ever told me I owe them money. that would be so funny Im not sure how I would react.

as an adult, Ive only had to use my fist once, (Ive been in plenty of shoving matches, or broke up plenty of fights, but never had to punch anyone),
    I was going into my parking lot near my work, around 8 pm on a February night.
    Parking lot was locked, but when I opened it, a small piece of shit, half my size, walks up behind me when I get to my car door, and pulls out a screwdriver, and holds it up, and tells me to hand over my wallet. Simple, he didn't seem that aggressive, almost as if he felt I was going to shit my pants and give it to him. I was wearing a heavy coat, little did the asshole know I had a licensed handgun, a glock 9mm strapped to my waist.
    But for some reason, I just let loose of a punch, and in the cold, without gloves, it hurt like all fucking hell. My fingers swelled up, my hand swelled up, guess I haven't punched anyone since I was a kid, out of practice, but it knocked him out cold.
    It was early cell phone time, but there was a payphone on the lot. I called 911

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015

2. Liman

Liman Member

He got arrested, he insisted he was just looking for his keys he dropped near my car, and that I attacked him.
    The police scolded me.
    When they found out I had a licensed handgun, they said I just should have shot him, that's why I have the gun.

3. Dave G Ct, Aug 17, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Liman
    Long Island (Nassua) is very dangerous. Had my car broken into at the old Holiday Inn Hemstead years ago.

4. betwthelines, Aug 18, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

Yes, good idea!
    But forgive me leaving it with some clarification: My entire point was, of course, one CAN WIN and i stand firmly behind my own statistics (+$21k after first million simulated rolls, ahead in local live action after over 3100 hours of play and still ahead after 14 years of non local play at Tough Craps) but as for the rest of the math stuff i was merely repeating what was said by presumptive math guys and, while the tone of my post probably suggested otherwise, frankly your info sounds just as credible to me, being as how my ignorance of actual math is profound! Indeed the only real touchstone for my assertion is NOT PROBABILITY MATH at all but my own, solid, carefully and conservatively compiled and honest STATISTICS...

Frankly, Koko, i havent followed the bigs all that closely this year!

What the Pirates have done with their saberball or databall or whatever the hellball it is is a truly amazing story...Here's a small market team, years in he doldrums that has turned it around in a revolutionary way it seems to me...i mean i never even heard of the bucs since the 'we are family' days and distinctly recall my surprise to see them in the postseason in '13...and it's been all uphill from there...

Yet what can you say? Mid august, 600 ball and NOT IN FIRST PLACE! WOW....you want the top team? how is it not the cards?...they win every day...

i like the other missouri team too...they continue to surprise me...lots of really, really, tough teams teams that know how to win taking on really, really tough teams that know how to win...i dont have a tv but whenever i find the occasion to watch an mlb game today, it looks like the best ball i have ever seen in my life...the pitching is flabbergasting...

but i still think in the end you will still be looking at the giants to give the cards and/or the pirates everything they want...

as for the AL, yes, i like and even have reasons to root for the royals but, disgustingly, i really think you will see the yankmees in the classic again...

not the most engaged analysis i'm afraid...sorry to disappoint...perhaps you are inspiring me to pay closer attention...

tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p