What is best the 2 finger pitch or 3 finger

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by Moneyarm79, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Moneyarm79, Feb 23, 2021

Moneyarm79

Moneyarm79 Member

I'm new to throwing and I have been throwing in a cardboard box for 2 half months trying learn how to throw the dice where I want . Any suggestions for a throw do you throw the dice under ur chin or more out away . Any ideals or inputs would be great

yacraps likes this.
  2. Mssthis1, Feb 24, 2021

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

If you're trying to execute a controlled toss, altitude is your enemy. It's basic physics. The higher the dice are off the table the further they have to travel in the air. That increases the probability of losing correlation of the dice.

I try to keep the dice below the rail at the top of their arc. Tossing underhand that isn't a problem. Overhand is a little tougher.

Moneyarm79 and yacraps like this.
  3. lone irish digit, Feb 24, 2021

lone irish digit

This is Barney

Now I don't play the craps, but I dont thinks he was asking about altitude but rather stance. From SL, the LID doesn't keep his arm completely vertical and under his chin but maybe its angled at a 70 or 80 degrees prior to launching of the dices. If it approached 45 deg he would probably have strong tendency to pull dices and have a more curved toss which would be bad.

From SR he tries to have a completely vertical arm but his head isn't close to being over dices or he would be falling onto table of craps. Don't tell the LID but I think his SL (SRR 28) results are much better than SR (SRR 7).

Moneyarm79 and yacraps like this.
  4. DeMango, Feb 25, 2021

DeMango

DeMango Member

Excellent advice from Mssthis1. Axispowercraps would be a real site about teaching.

Moneyarm79 likes this.
  5. twodicebilly, Feb 25, 2021

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

LID

See you are spot on again. That is really good for a guy that does not play with the dices.
    Altitude is a funny thing when you at sea level you can play the dice, hell i have even played
    with sets at 30,000 feet going to Vegas or Biloxi.

Now I have seen the Heavy shot, i have see the Howard shoot, even the Dom and the Frank
    and stickman is in a world of his own. Of those learned sultans of the dices, Stickman
    was most afraid of heights and his shot just like all the others tended to hit the back wall and come off for some
    distance but always the same.....Now Bman, loved heights and his dices stayed together and when they hit
    the table, the wall and would stay within 10" circle, beautiful thing to see.

So the moral of the story of the dices is dont believe everything you hear, i use the LJ shot and all i hear is
    "put a little more air under those dice"

TDB

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021