What do you play for?

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by Dave G Ct, May 20, 2018.

1. HornHiYo, May 20, 2018

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

My bad. Ya caught it just as I completed rehab and deleted it. WOW! I think Asshall’s reading comprehension might be rubbing off on me.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Mssthis1 likes this.
  2. basicstrategy777, May 20, 2018

basicstrategy777

My point was that with the same outlay of money....5 flat lay 10 odds verses 15 flat...you will win more money laying odds and lose less....the chart is in my book.....

yacraps likes this.
  3. Dave G Ct, May 20, 2018

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Basic
    Explain how a $5 come bet with $10 odds out performs a $15 place bet.Do not give me that BS that the Come Bet wins on it's CO which is a big negative since your other bets go down.Like I said play in the real world and get out from these meaningless low h.a. bets.

4. Mssthis1, May 20, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

Everyone seems to forget the "last come gets some" when they throw a brick that is a seven out.

tabletop123 likes this.
  5. von duck, May 20, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

:confused: Uh oh, The same throw that beat tha "other bets" will also beat the $15 place bet, so what did you gain? :) Personally, I don't like that come bet, but TD said he does, and OAP liked it, so anybody that doesn't make these bets is " A ENUMERATE " and can be shot on sight. :D

6. von duck, May 20, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

This is almost correct. Technically you actually LOSE LESS, but I guess it's ok to sprinkle a little sugar on top. :)

7. Mssthis1, May 20, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

For each their own. Since it was a 10x odds game I used place to come playing today but I was taking 5x odds on the first 4 bets until I got my initial outlay back and 10x odds after that. The games here are vig up front on the 4/10 which adds to the come bets value. On 3/4/5 games I often get lazy and only make place bets.

After reading all of today's posts and past posts I have found a trend in craps though. The more a person believes in DI the less they bet:)

Shouldn't proven DI's have the bankroll to be starting out at like $600 across instead of $32 or a min pass line bet and a $10 4 and 10?

yacraps likes this.
  8. Dave G Ct, May 20, 2018

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Missthis1

You going to hang your hat on that?

9. von duck, May 20, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

It's not that we forget, it's just that it seems, that it's the only way you win a come bet, which usually nets you a loss, and so, seems counterproductive. :) < check it out MsPee, 5 syllables. :D I'll bet she gives me a good mark for that one. :cool:

10. basicstrategy777, May 20, 2018

basicstrategy777

More bad info duck....I have come to a conclusion....you are a dingleberry.....and I am you Huckleberry......

yacraps likes this.
  11. von duck, May 20, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

I noticed you said "bad info", but NOT incorrect info, and there is a difference, isn't there? :) Yes there is.

12. The Midnight Skulker, May 20, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

But don't your place bets also go down when my come bet wins on its CO?

Mssthis1 and random_roller like this.
  13. James Hall, May 20, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

Pray for that everyday and if providence smiles favorably
    upon you , you might improve a little
    but at your stage in life and with your impairments
    I am not sure that much is going to help
    You can always hope , maybe someday
    with a little luck, , yeah right luck ,LOL if that all you have going
    for you gawd help ya

HornHiYo likes this.
  14. tabletop123, May 20, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

The more a person believes in Dice Influencing, the less they bet......SO VERY TRUE! I have found THAT is ALWAYS the case!

WISH I was careful ( stingy, fearful) as MOST Di's are! I'm probably the only Mechanical tosser that gets his Nuts Clipped to the tune of HUGE losses!

The Flip side is that I've had some pretty memorable wins too!

Works both ways! Funny how the losses are ALWAYS more vivid than the wins! Lol

15. KokomoJoe4, May 20, 2018

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

BS or Fact? 33.33% of all come bets resolve without the establishment of a point. 22.22% of these are in the Do players favor, 11.11% losers.

"other bets" do not go down if you are not making them.

I have played craps very tightly for about 14 years now, and have found a way to play that always minimizes risk and sometimes allows for a big win.

When I played the game as tightly as possible, that is with NO other bets beside a single line bet/odds, I did better than when I started to occasionally play a second bet, an occasional place bet or a very rare mid-table bet on a hard way.

"Meaningless, low HA bets" give you the best chance for a win.

Minimizing the number of bets on the table ensures there will be fewer losers when the wrong number shows.

One thing this method of play does teach you is that you must increase the size of the singular bet aggressively as you are winning, since this provides your only opportunity for a big win.

It is a good thing that you can play your way and I can play my way. Hope to give it a try maybe this weekend.

TDVegas, HornHiYo and yacraps like this.
  16. lone irish digit, May 20, 2018

lone irish digit

This is Barney,

It's so greatest to have you back Mr Supper Dave. Believe me, the LID was worried you may had pawned your computer considering what he heard your predicament was.

Thank you very much

Mssthis1 likes this.
  17. HornHiYo, May 20, 2018

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

Dave, KOKO gives a good explanation. Assuming I understand your question correctly this time, here’s another explanation for times when table limits on odds are greater than 3/4/5, say10 times odds:
    $60 on Place Six or Eight wins $70.
    A $5 PL with $50 odds on Six or Eight pays
    $65. Some of us prefer risking $55 to win $65 over risking $60 to win $70. Both $60 place and $5 pass line with 10X odds fetch $10 more than the player puts at risk, but the PL with odds risks $10 less on each roll. So Come bets can also be a good way to replace place bets and put less money at risk.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    KokomoJoe4 likes this.
  18. KokomoJoe4, May 20, 2018

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Even allowing for the "fact" that the place bet pays more, the best thing about the come bet is that the winner goes into the rail.

If, as the place bettors often do, you want to design the hypothetical, let's take it one more roll, where the come bettor is back on the Come to see the winner seven that now pulls all of the place bets into the bank.

We all know that place bets are bulk of the game. They can and often do win big, but they almost always involve leaving way too many chips on the table, all of which disappear when the wrong number shows.

If I were a place bettor and a multiple bet player, I would begin making DC's as I got ahead, taking place winners off the table as the DC goes behind what was just a winner. At least this is a way to use place bets that gets the damned things off the table.

Morgue, HornHiYo and TDVegas like this.
  19. TDVegas, May 20, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Among the regulars I see playing craps...the guys holding their own, winning more often and not getting slaughtered are the guys playing your way. Minimum amount of bets, low house edge, progress hits.

Sorry to say, across the board, multiple place betting, high house edge strategies...as a regular player----I can only report what I see. It is generally not a winning play.

20. Dave G Ct, May 20, 2018

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Missthis1
    From a 2 hits and regress player into the reincarnation of the Rappin Captain that is quite a change.So what is your go to strategy?