Walk like a man, fast as you can

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by Night Attack, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Night Attack, Sep 2, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Co-incidentally I own a copy of that book of Mike Goodman's that you referenced a couple of times now. It was the first book I ever read on gambling.

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  2. Night Attack, Sep 2, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

You know I don't agree with you here, but i also don't disagree with you either. I have been on both sides of that equation. If I had to guess, and basically that is what I am doing because I don't keep those sorts if records, I feel that those smaller amounts I give back outweigh the additional wins I may get by staying on for that one extra hand, over the long term of course.

3. Night Attack, Sep 2, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

You know I used to think the same way but I have since "moderated my position". Why can't I quit on a winner? Why must I quit on a loser? And when the loser comes and it's time to go, hang on!!!!! Surely a winner can also follow a loser same as a loser can follow a winner or any other combination thereof. Perhaps I should stay for one more, or two......
    Recognise and seize the decisive moment I say, or someone said.

4. basicstrategy777, Sep 3, 2018

basicstrategy777

Discipline.........if you are at a slot machine in which you put in 20 dollars and the counter reads 21 dollars.......how many here would cash out ?

If you always quit when you are ahead, no matter the game.............,but then, it would not be enjoyable nor would we get supreme satisfaction for the big win..........gambling....it's somethin' else..... and lets us in on our inner self.

HornHighBLEVE, Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  5. von duck, Sep 3, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Used to? Yes, that would be quite accurate, wouldn't it? :cool:

6. Mssthis1, Sep 3, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

On 10x or better odds games, which is everything around here, I play a place to come strategy. If a comeout seven rolls after a roll long enough to get several numbers pressed to $200 or more odds I rack the odds and restart at my table minimum bet. Just a personal preference.

7. HornHighBLEVE, Sep 3, 2018

HornHighBLEVE

HornHighBLEVE Member

SR,
    Good morning, imo, what MP was doing was taking advantage of writers prerogative, a literary device used to tell a story readers will want to engage in.

MP's thoughts on craps were informative and entertaining. And in the literary world a compelling story trumps truth.

Like the advice given here we're free to take it or leave it, why would you make it harder than it is?

8. superrick, Sep 3, 2018

superrick

superrick Member

Nice SuperRick here, I think that you are using the word prerogative wrong. Writing nothing but fiction isn't the same as trying to make it a little more entertaining. My daughter is a professional writer and you could never tell it by what I write. There may be a good reason for that because even though I call her my daughter she is actually my stepdaughter!

She never writes fiction to make any of her stories more entertaining and has me laughing at most of them. She is very witty just like her mother! My wife can say anything to others and they are always laughing at what she says!

After all of those years dealing with the great fiction writer to me, he fell into being a Pathological-Liar! Just for your information here is how you can spot a Pathological-Liar!

https://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Pathological-Liar

HornHighBLEVE likes this.
  9. The Midnight Skulker, Sep 3, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

Thorpe's was my first. Goodman's was close behind. A little dated now as one would expect after 50 years, but not a bad all-around primer for getting started.

yacraps and Night Attack like this.
  10. Night Attack, Sep 3, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Of course. It's pretty hard for one person to carry out this charade all on their own. We're currently in the recruiting process now and are down to a couple of final candidates.

yacraps likes this.
  11. von duck, Sep 4, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Pretty hard? No, impossible, if the " EYE" is upon you. :cool: