Trump beat Hildabeast like a rented mule

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Settingcanthurt, Sep 26, 2016.

1. wonko33, Sep 29, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

I can't find any other explanation for when he started talking about his son having a computer

2. wonko33, Sep 29, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

It's more than the delivery, it's hard to believe this man sat at the end of the table in multi-million dollar affairs board meetings. Can you see him sitting in a room with all the other world leaders?

3. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Well i'm happy YOU know what you are talking about. Anyone else know??

4. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Actually it is very very easy to see it. Hell there are videos of it.

Yea baby large and in charge.

5. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

6. Onautopilot, Sep 29, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Here’s Who the Betting Markets Are Saying Will Win the Election
    More
    Anyone who missed last night’s presidential debate and turned to social media to try to determine how it went might have a difficult time figuring out whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump came away on top.

Trump supporters and the candidate himself are busy declaring victory and promoting internet polls in which as many as 80 percent of respondents claimed that Trump won. Team Clinton, meanwhile, has also declared victory and is citing multiple analysts in the media who insist that Clinton won, either by virtue of Trump self-destructing or her superior preparation.

Related: The Most Important Point Clinton Made in Her Debate Against Trump

But for every Trump supporter tweeting out a Drudge Report poll, there is a Clinton supporter ready to point out that unscientific opt-in surveys are, statistically speaking, a joke. And for every Clintonite waving a copy of the latest New York Times editorial, there is a Trump backer ready to cry out that the mainstream media is irretrievably biased against The Donald.

In short, it can be hard to cut through the clutter and judge how the electorate -- the ultimate arbiter of who actually won -- will react to a debate.

“It is dangerous to offer confident predictions of how the public will react to a debate immediately after it is concluded,” counseled the sages at Sabato’s Crystal Ball and the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics. “The instant polls you may see (or may have already seen) after the debate declaring one of the candidates the winner may or may not be meaningful, and in order to fully assess the impact we’re probably going have to wait until the end of the week, when new national and state polls will assess how the two candidates’ performances changed the race. It’s no fun to urge patience — but we think that’s better than making sweeping pronouncements in the aftermath of a widely-watched national event that voters may interpret quite differently than experts may expect.”

However, there is one source of information about debate reaction that is largely untainted by partisan passion, efforts at journalistic detachment or simply the desire to sound correct: the betting and financial markets.

Related: Trump Was Unprepared and Out of His Depth on Debate Stage

There are multiple online platforms where bettors risk their own money by betting on who they believe will win the election. There are also indicators in the financial markets that can be reasonably tied to sentiment about the direction of the presidential race.

And on Tuesday morning, those markets were unanimous: Clinton was the winner, though perhaps not an overwhelming one.

The betting market PredictIt on Tuesday morning showed virtually all shares predicting a Clinton victory trending upwards -- meaning that bettors thought the chances of her winning the White House had improved. Shares predicting a Trump victory, by comparison, lost value overnight. Similarly, the betting site Hypermind showed Clinton’s likelihood of victory rising and Trump’s falling.

The well-regarded Predictwise site, which synthesizes data from multiple betting markets and more, registered one of the more dramatic shifts. Before the debate last night, it had Clinton with a 69 percent to 31 percent advantage is the race to win the White House. (That is measuring probability of an Electoral College victory, not the popular vote.) By Tuesday morning the divide had widened to 74-26 in Clinton’s favor.

To be clear, who people think is going to win doesn’t always reflect who they personally plan to vote for. Just ask Gary Johnson and Jill Stein supporters. But where they are willing to put their money is arguably a better indicator of how they feel the candidates are doing relative to each other.

There are other markets worth looking at as well. Support him or not, there is no denying that Trump’s unpredictability has made financial markets nervous. And when investors get nervous about the future, one thing that reliably happens is that the prices of gold and silver tend to rise as they seek “safe” assets.

Related: Conservative Economists Mock Trump Campaign’s Trade Proposals

On Tuesday morning, though, gold futures and silver futures were both down sharply.

The Mexican peso is also, arguably, a useful indicator of where investors think the election is going. Trump’s well-known anger at what he sees as abuse of the U.S. by its trading partner south of the border, as well as his repeated threats to pull out of the North American Free Trade Agreement and his promise to build a giant wall along the U.S. southern border have made the peso more sensitive than usual to U.S. political developments.

After the debate ended last night, currency traders started buying up pesos, increasing the Mexican currency’s value against the U.S. dollar -- again, an indication that suggests they see a Trump presidency as less likely than they did before.

Perhaps even more important than the market indicators, though, was the handful of professionally managed focus groups made up of undecided swing state voter that watched the debate last night. (And no, a New York Post columnist talking to people in a Pennsylvania bar is not a focus group.)

Pollster Frank Luntz teamed up with CBS News on a 21-person focus group made up of undecided Pennsylvania voters. After the debate, 16 of them thought Clinton had won, compared to 5 who favored Trump.

A CNN focus group of undecided Florida voters was even more lopsided, with 18 out of 20 assessing the debate as a Clinton victory.

While it makes sense to wait a few days for the dust to settle before making any final judgement about the impact of the first debate, a preponderance of the available evidence point to a clear Clinton win.

7. twodicebilly, Sep 29, 2016

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

settingcanhurt

I was on the debate team at UW Wisconsin for
    4 years.... I saw some really smart people on the
    other side of the table at many of our meets...many
    of these people could make her look silly, not because
    Hillary is stupid, but because she is on the wrong side
    of all events.

Here is an example of how he could jab her and not only
    hurt her, but gets the vast majority of Americans on his
    side doing it.

" Hillary your right, I don't have the political experience you
    do....but that is a great thing, because if I were Secretary of
    State an embassy would not have to call me 600 times
    to protect them, and if I were secretary of State, I would make
    sure that when I send americans to work in an embassy anywhere in the world.... I would make provisions to help
    them if they needed that help, long before they are dead."

there are a dozen other ways to attack her and there is
    not a single thing she could do.

twodicebilly

Settingcanthurt likes this.
  8. basicstrategy777, Sep 29, 2016

basicstrategy777

Wonko...you say you can't believe this , you can't believe that, etc., he shoots from the hip, bravado, stupid words, etc, etc, etc.

But the FACTS are he beat out 16 other people....respected politicians with LOTS of money behind them; he trashed them.

Also, since he was a young man, he parlayed little money into very big money, in the toughest town in the world. He built an empire. He did; no one else. He made it happen; He did. All over the world.

These are hard facts. These facts fly in the face of what you think of him.

You have no clue how he will be as president; he could end up being pretty good. You have to go by past history.

I know the hildebeast's history. What she has done and how she has done it. I really don't like her history. Matter of fact, I dispise it.

I view their histories as a portent of the future. I read it as.....we have certain doom with her;....with him, we have a chance.

9. wonko33, Sep 29, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

But it is a slow doom, it is a doom I am familiar with and I've suffered basically all my life because most people in power are like her

Trump, who knows?

Hilary is cigarettes
    Trump is a game of Russian roulette, the only thing is I'm not sure how many bullets are in there, I don't know between 1 and 6 but I'm sure it's not zero.

You know the "Despicables" Hilary was talking about? He is wiping them into a frenzy and he will get a lot of votes that way. But doing so he speaks in manner that makes it hard for me to see if he has any substance. He's he that dumb or is he just trying to get that vote out?

The other "Hilary group" was the "Disenfranchised" or something, I think these people support him because they are so discouraged that they think "anything but another career politician". From your comments it sounds like that's part of the appeal for you.

The only hope I have for Trump is that his experience will help him pick good people to support him, but will he listen to them?

10. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Unless their guy is ahead.

11. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Now dat be some spin boy. But it is what it is.
    Trump won.

12. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Not so fast. Read my last post on Comey.

13. wonko33, Sep 29, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

When talking about the cyber attack on the Democratic National Committee.

“My 10-year-old son is so good with these computers, it’s unbelievable. The security aspect of this cyber is very tough. We are not doing the job we should be doing.”

What the hell is he talking about? Sounds like a drunk guy at the bar.

Onautopilot likes this.
  14. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Sorry
    I completely disagree. Sorry you do not understand.

15. wonko33, Sep 29, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

And you accuse others of being biased and brainwashed ? What a joke, he was babbling like a fool, you can't even say something like "yeah he could have handled that better"

Onautopilot likes this.
  16. Settingcanthurt, Sep 29, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Ok pinhead I will play your game.
    Whats wrong with this? You do not understand what??
    I suppose you are confused here aren't you?

cy·ber
    ˈsībər/
    adjective
    1. of, relating to, or characteristic of the culture of computers, information technology, and virtual reality.
      "the cyber age"
      synonyms: electronic, digital, wired, virtual, web, Internet, Net, online
      "our relationship was more cyber than face-to-face"

Does that clear it up for at all??? Probably not you are such a idiot.

Yea another tough one. My 4 tear old grand son is a ton smarter then you and your cheerleader Autopussy. You are a idiot too.

17. betwthelines, Sep 30, 2016

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

an interesting fact here is that when the polls and the betting markets are at odds (actually less than half the time) the markets have ALWAYS been correct vs the polls...

when it comes to put your money where your mouth is, accuracy generally prevails and in this case it has always prevailed...

being a gambler i have myself bet in one of these elections...if memory serves it was a "market" put on by some group within the u of iowa...they have to use a euphemism for "gambling" and a structure in order for it to be legal...again if memory serves something akin to a futures market but of course everybody knows it is nothing but gambling (...lol...but so are futures markets)...

i won that bet, put up like $150 on bush league 2 to win even money when he beat algore by a sufficient margen...actually i waited too long to make the bet i wanted, which was bush league straight up...

i had been watching this "market" for a while and to bet bush league straight up one had to "lay" a little more than even money as bush league had consistently been in the lead... but by just a day or 2 before the election, which is when i finally bit the bullet, the straight up bet was gone!...to bet bush league one had to give some "points" to use a sports betting metaphor & he had to win by a certain, albeit small, margin...

but i will soon find out what this market is called and the other details because based upon 'pilot's post here i intend to place another such bet, this time on swillary...i already have a private bet on her and continue to believe that the donald has no chance in a general election, mindful of the fact that i and most everybody else has been wrong about the donald so far...

again, as i have said as far as the debate is concerned and since i will be voting for neither, both being bad for the country IMO, and therefore fancy myself as somewhat of a neutral, even objective observer, i thought that swillary won the debate...

tom p

18. wonko33, Sep 30, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

He uses the adjective as a noun you dimwit , cyber what? cyber attacks, cyber dating who knows? He certainly doesn't, it means nothing by itself . That is how ignorant of the subject he is and you are. It' s even worse for you because you actually have the definition up. He is like an idiot at an art gallery saying he likes the pretty.

If he wasn't so arrogant and think he can talk his way out if any BS he spews he could have said something like " I don't know much about it but I know it is critical, I know how to hire the best people do get the job done". He never plays to his strength,

You probably can't see the fact that he is babbling because it is hard to see our own faults. The fact that you will defend ANYTHING he says and does just undermines all your good arguments, you do so much research but all you look for are things that say exactly what you thought to begin with, you are exactly like the politicians and journalists you hate and you accuse everybody of your own faults.

19. basicstrategy777, Sep 30, 2016

basicstrategy777

W33....that's like saying....'you fools don't know the math of the game, hence, you can't be a good player'.

The math of the game...the math of the game.....I'd rather have loaded dice , quick hands, and the dealer on my side.

You need to figure out what's important.

20. twodicebilly, Sep 30, 2016

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

You had better brace for impact because either trump or Clinton
    will be terrible for this country.... Hillary will end our way of life
    in terms of a country that works hard, is honest and supports
    itself....it will be the end of small business and the middle class.

Trump is a jerk, and lord knows what he will do. He cant even
    keep himself on a chain for a couple of months until the election
    is over... god help us if he is elected.

We are all to be held account for all of this... the fact that
    these two terrible human beings ended up being are only
    real choice is a reflection on how terrible a job we have done
    in holding government to account for the way they ran the country.
    I don't believe Autoguy is dumb enough to really think Hillary is
    decent to lead this country... then again... I don't think your dumb
    enough to think Trump is one of us.

twodicebilly

Onautopilot likes this.