Tom P’s Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

2. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

This appears to be Tom’s last post,

1. s, Dec 8, 2017

[​IMG]
      betwthelinesMember

I'm equally fine with using narcissistic lunatic, emotionally unstable, etc...and also fine in a circumstance noted recently, calling out a liar.

If using narcissistic lunatic alleviates the stigma of liar...ok.

Then again, I also agree with BS777 & Horn...

Oh, I'm sure.
      well, right, i agree with them both also.

it is not at all out of line to "call a spade a spade" nor to call out liars as long as---like 7s said---you are sure, which, yes, is certainly the case here...calling out someone as a "Fuckin’ Liar!" is, to be sure, saying what is on your mind--a good thing--& can offer emotional satisfaction and release and psychological succor also good things...

...again speaking for myself only i find little of those good benefits in calling someone a liar...but that's just me...for another thing i find little percentage in personal attacks & calling someone a liar is certainly that...not saying it won't ever happen again but for now i'll stick to narcissistic lunatic or similar...but again i cannot emphasize enough that that's just me...be sure but have at it...carry on.

just be careful...the forum is rife with Short Bussers who actually believe their faulty ideas to be true...most---MOST, the vast majority of, IMO---false statements here are not actually lying, deliberate attempts to deceive.

the cowboy once, quite perceptibly i must say, noted that i am not always forthcoming with my ideas and sometimes circumspect when i do post...avoiding the "lie" word is consistent with that (not completely sure but i think he was paying me a compliment...lol...).

ok, guys, we are doing a pretty good job today of PROTECTING THE BRAND...so let's jump back onto our PM thread and conspire what to say next.

we can take turns.

tom p
      -g. geist: rotflmfao!
      --tom p: what?
      ---g. geist: that last
      ----tom p: lol...yah, was getting too serious for my tastes...thought i'd try some levity.
      -----g. geist: lol

betwthelines, Dec 8, 2017

Like Reply
      yacraps, HornHiYo and TDVegas like this.

yacraps and random_roller like this.
  3. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Tom’s introduction to the great game of Bank Craps,

1. s, Feb 18, 2015

[​IMG]
      betwthelinesMember
      1974. Binions had a quarter (25 cents) craps table that was damn near out in the sidewalk. The rail was almost always packed. Binions was a very exciting place back then. I had a factory job making short of $5/hour but had saved some for gambling on this inaugural trip to vegas.

This sidewalk table revealed the very first bank craps layout that i had ever seen in my life. I managed to squeeze in. Being quite familiar with the street game (fade 'em), I knew immediately what "pass line" and the large "come" box and soon after "don't pass" and "don't come" meant. Intuitively i soon figured out the "field" (i am pretty certain that every table downtown paid triple12 back then as indeed most there still do today)...i had no clue whatsoever what odds were and in retrospect i am thinking it rather curious that i received no friendly tutoring about the bet...after a bit of play it soon became apparent what the idea of the numbers boxes was...the middle bets too were fairly obvious once one figured out they were one roll bets...i do remember being too shy and too stupid to ask questions...it was very busy...it was very exciting...

Virgin bet I threw a quarter into the come box and was immediately scolded as it was the come out roll...ok, so here we go on the line...there were some hot rolls...i was winning a lot of money on the line, in the field, on the come, probably on some numbers and even some in the middle...IIRC I never took odds and when i finally left that table was still, in fact, ignorant of the bet: notice how so prominently this no-house-advantage bet is marked on this colorful layout--not!!

After some time and quite a bit ahead i did something that a person of my means had no business doing: i threw a green chip into the middle and said, "12"...the shooter was at the other end of this long, crowded table and the dice were landing right in front of me...sure enough it was boxcars...

By now everyone had sensed that i was raw...there was some genuine excitement for me...and i had an incredible feeling...$775! wow!...but, wait, the box says "31 for 1" but i only have 30 chips here...wait...i was just about to raise my hand in protest when absolutely right below me, very nearly touching each other, snuggled up against the wall--i can still see it vividly today--lined up virtually perpendicular were all the dots, all the spots again. Of course they had left me high!

I know i gave a little of it back but i left town with a lot of money in my pocket for that time and to me and with a vow to learn all i could about the game of bank craps.

I was ecstatic.

I was hooked.

From a financial standpoint it turned out to be the worst thing that could ever happen...tom p

betwthelines, Feb 18, 2015

Like Reply
      basicstrategy777, far out and Onautopilot like this.

4. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

1. betwthelines, Nov 19, 2017

[​IMG]
      betwthelinesMember

My post was in all sincerity, though there are hints of sarcasm in yours, I'm absolutely sure, that you get my point. Keep posting my "friends". :)
      my admiration for mr hall is quite sincere, SIR:)

and oft-stated by me...his philosophies of life, positive attitude and desire to be the best he can be are not unlike my own...it also seems to me that he has been more successful in their execution than i (perhaps there is even a bit of jealousy eh?)

more than 10 times on here i have expressed the desire to sit down and have a beer with the man. (sadly for me, to crickets:().

if you do not know this by now, you either misinterpret my postings, ignore them (not a bad idea some [many?] here would say...lol) or they apparently go over your head.

True. i dis him mercilessly ---and hopefully, as you say, sarcastically sometimes--- over his delusions regarding bank craps & other random occurrences but his fool's paradise regarding those is harmless & his craps ideas no better nor worse than many others...calling his bank craps ideas idiotic is not the same as calling him an idiot...i am not unaware either that such a fine distinction is easily mis-read...as with all here, i am not in control of how my drivel is perceived...
      But "show me the post" (lol) where these bank craps disagreements have ever been used by me to cast aspersions on the content of his admirable -even enviable- character...you cannot because none exist.

True Too that many here are bothered to say the least by his egotism and over-the-top braggadocio...But it does not bother me...nor you either apparently.

it's all good. :cool:

tom p:cool:

betwthelines, Nov 19, 2017

Like Reply
      HornHighBLEVE and James Hall like this

yacraps likes this.
  5. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

1. betwthelines, Aug 16, 2017

[​IMG]
      betwthelinesMember

i was at the local joint when 37 straight points went out!! that's right...it occurred to me to start counting about 10 shooters into it when i counted backwards to the last shooter that had made a point, allowing for those who had left and/or came to the rail...memory of it now may be fuzzy but it was no less than 37 and might even have been 38...though not 39 i don't think.

2. ...there were a few "passes"--come out 7s and 11s but not all that many of those either...

talk about a "cold" table!! a bettor laying don't pass line odds would have won 37 straight such bets.
      almost unb'l'bl' but true.

tom p

betwthelines, Aug 16, 2017

Like Reply

yacraps likes this.
  6. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Tom at least gave warnings,

1. betwthelines, Aug 14, 2017

[​IMG]
      betwthelinesMember
      --WARNING!! EXTREME LOGORRHEA AHEAD--

(2) Your (tdb's) dice Influencing thoughts are not taken seriously on this forum.
      this is not true.

i think, if nothing else, the fact that the immense number of replies/responses to "di thoughts", including tdb's gives the lie to it...they are taken seriously given the volume of replies one sees.

once again---commonplace on this forum---disagreement is confused with something else...in this case "seriousness"

NOW BEFORE YOU GO OFF COCKED OR EVEN HALF-COCKED BY THE ABOVE let me explain that i do know what you "mean" (& in the end that is probably all that really matters...but who says my shit here needs to matter?...paraphrasing mark twain in the Finn forward, these oughta be shot or hanged) and how it plays into your overall point, the general, not included, context of your post, that if one wants to be left alone uninterrupted by the noise of skeptics, one needs to go private, PMs or whatever...

...a bit of irony here is that tdb has already tried that--perhaps is still trying it...i could be wrong of course and this might have changed, but my perception at least from some of his posts was the effort was less than satisfactory...without external input--and maybe ESPECIALLY disagreeable input--often little is learned...true, tdb does not generally "get" the truth in that aphorism.

it is just that your statement (2), taken in isolation is not true.

along similar lines:

Differing opinions to some on this forum are just not acceptable and in their opinion should not be tollerated
      absolutely not true

once again disagreement erroneously deemed something else...this time intolerance.

much is not only tolerable but, speaking at least for myself but probably others too, often enjoyable...and no one has the purview to deny--except with ZERO credibility--that i enjoy most of it.

...I can fully see where a lot of this is getting quite aggravating for a lot of you...
      aggravation---an emotion---simply cannot be known in the reader(s)...once again completely made up ascriptions in a curiously delusioned mind.

they become quit agitated , even angry
      just another example.
      again you cannot possibly know the true emotional state or aspect of your readers...it is beyond every poster's control...hall may or may not have some valid points but we cannot know because he starts from completely made-up shit.

Here is what I was thinking , see what you and others might think about this
      Since there are a number of people who are looking for answers to questions related to DI an since the "DENIERS" DON'T LIKE READING IT
      How about the "DENIERS" do all their communicating in private by PM that way they can communicate back and forth and will only have to read what they want
      once again total bullshit...some deniers, certainly myself & i am pretty sure i speak for others--maybe even most others (well, ok, not liman...lol) far from not "liking it", i LOVE reading about di!

as for his concluding advice, this is already happening...i myself communicate with PM groups...of course the "P" stands for "private" so it is understandable one might not be aware of it.

...You (james hall) seem to miss the message. The Naysayers are saying: " IT DOES NOT EXIST! Liman might just have a point........You read a post & interpret it the way that YOU see fit, & seem to miss the message.
      yeah, what he said.

as i have said many times it is IMPERATIVE for him to do this...his assertions cannot otherwise have any validity...he MUST start from false premises.

Who gives a shit...you really think I gave a shit about TDV or what he thinks about what I do....
      ROTFLMAO!

of fucking COURSE you give a shit about what tdv thinks!! you bring him up in virtually every post you make!

except for james hall's totally, hilarious, daily, made-up-on-the-fly excuses/rationalizations after being caught with his pants down over some chips in new mexico, i have never seen such transparency and disingenuousness in my life...how can you possibly
      keep repeating it!...lol...but then, heck, hall was still at it as recently as this or last week too...lol...

Of course you did. You responded to every single one of my posts instead of just...oh, I don't know...ignoring them.

You were implored by others to ignore my thoughts, my posts, my naysaying...

Yet, you couldn't do that. Nope. Could not do it.

So, yes..OF COURSE you gave a shit. Had you not, you would have just ignored all those posts.

Only a fool thinks you didn't care about my opinions or didn't give a shit about them. A sane person would have simply ignored them instead of arguing, name calling, etc, etc.

At the point I no longer gave a shit about Eagleeyes ramblings...I simply skipped them. You couldn't do that. So, yeah...I think you DID "give a shit". You didn't like what was said and tried to refute it.
      what's with the past tense, tdv? all looks still in the present to me.

what James writes and what we think has just as much right to be here as what
      anyone likes TDV thinks....We have just as much right to talk about dice control and wether it works or not as he does
      absolutely -- and no one denies that right...you're here aren't you? these quotes of yours i am putting up were taken right off this forum...indeed you are welcome here and i personally have expressed that many times, often imploring of you, "please do not leave".

...all that pisses me off is the silent form of censorship we see on this forum and many college class rooms around the country....
      you know what, billy? this clarifies what you mean with respect to some of my above...not the "right to" part but the related "censorship" part that you have also frequently brought up...your analogy to college campuses is a very good one and has helped me see better what you actually mean...thank you very much for that. i can understand your perspective better.

...You (demango) seem to confuse ego with confidence...you resent confidence because you , MIGHT understand that confidence comes from SUCCESS
      surprisingly in most areas of life this is a valid point by mr hall ...too bad the success part does not apply to random events like, say, craps...sadly for homo sapiens one's state of mind or confidence level has no affect on such things.

yet, here again..no..it is not "you seem to resent" which would have validity (cf no one can legitimately deny what "seems" to you)...no...it is flat out, "you resent", a state of mind that cannot be known...once more made up shit, vouch-saying that disagreement is something else than what it is.

Sir, I was able to shut him the f' ck up. Both of them (demango and liman).
      ROTFLMAO
      no you weren't

tom p
      -g. geist: did you intentionally reply/riff on a multitude of posts all in this one post just to aggravate the baron?
      --tom p: yes
      ---g. geist: well, you likely only partially succeeded since he is probably in deep slumber right now...
      ----tom p: yes
      -----g. geist:
      ------tom p:
      -------g. geist:
      --------tom p:
      ---------g. geist: "vouch-saying" ? did you just make that one up?
      ----------tom p: yes

betwthelines, Aug 14, 2017

Like Reply

2. von duck, Aug 14, 201

yacraps and random_roller like this.
  7. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

betwthelines, Jul 21, 2017

[​IMG]
    betwthelinesMember

...Other than (hardly).... who actually left??? Or did he mean temporarily stopped posting??
    i do not know when this forum started (it would be cool if jacob or anyone who know this would weigh in with that info) but since i have been on here---a bit over 5 years---a fair number of the "earliest" posters that preceded me have in fact apparently left permanently...

but curiously enough for those that were here when i arrived, your statement is more or less spot on...o, sure, there are a few that have showed up for a mere post or 2 and not returned (nor for that matter have claimed that they would not) but very few regulars leave here that do not return, including several who had claimed they would be gone!

indeed for those of you on here who are gamblers (lol}, we oughta start "over/under" date pools for those stating they are leaving...$nake of course would be an extant prospect for such a pool...

this is hardly surprising for the best craps forum on the internet, if not the best forum period.

tom p

betwthelines, Jul 21, 2017

Unlike Reply

yacraps likes this.
  8. Twelve4s, Jan 10, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

betwthelines, Jun 15, 2017

[​IMG]
    betwthelinesMember

Yep. I've done the cross country tour 2 times with my GF. NJ to Chicago, Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Salt Lake City, Utah national parks, Vegas, Albuqueque, Amarillo, Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, back to NJ. About 1 month on the road each time...
    "...Been to Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota,
    Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota,
    Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma,
    Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma,
    Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,
    Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla, I'm a killer.
    I've been everywhere, man
    'Cross the deserts bare, man
    I've breathed the mountain air, man
    Of travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere.

Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,
    Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,
    Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa
    Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,
    Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
    Grand Lake, Devil's Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake;

I've been everywhere.

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,
    Shefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,
    Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,
    Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond do Lac, Davenport,
    Idaho, Jellicoe, Argentina, Diamontina,
    Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean, sir;

I've been everywhere.

Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravellburg, Colorado,
    Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado,
    Larrimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chattanika,
    Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika,
    Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City,
    Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity;

"I know some place you haven't been."
    I've been everywhere."
    --geoff mack, I've Been Everywhere, 1959

tom p

betwthelines, Jun 15, 2017

yacraps, KokomoJoe4 and random_roller like this.
  9. TDVegas, Jan 10, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Luv it...he quoted my post as an intro:)

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  10. Twelve4s, Jan 11, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

11. Twelve4s, Jan 11, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

12. Twelve4s, Jan 11, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

13. random_roller, Jan 11, 2018

random_roller

random_roller Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Onautopilot, yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  14. Twelve4s, Jan 11, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

15. random_roller, Jan 11, 2018

random_roller

random_roller Member

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  16. Night Attack, Jan 12, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  17. yacraps, Jan 12, 2018