To: Jacob , A Personal " Thank You " Note

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by $nakeEye$, Nov 8, 2017.

1. betwthelines, Nov 11, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

ok you two STOP THIS BICKERING!!

this BATTLE OF WITS is simply unfair!---UNFAIR i say!!

'pilot, you need tie one half your brain behind your back right now!...and DO IT before you make another posting on this matter...when your adversary is a few peas short of a casserole (or hot dish as we say in minne-soh-ta) orra few fries short of a happy meal, this is only fair! absolutely we do not expect agreement here...but at the least we should expect fairness in battles of wits and witless...

'pilot, like i say, if you tie one-half your brain behind your back, we should be good.

tom p

yacraps and Onautopilot like this.
  2. TDVegas, Nov 11, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Tom, Tom, Tom...surely you don’t believe this? The OP (based on this threads content alone) would be the FIRST one booted for violating that "totalitarian rule" that is so "desired"....

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  3. DeMango, Nov 12, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

I am so late to this thread. The above is amazing, and no one has commented on it.

Houston we again have a problem.

The vast majority of the above posters are from Charlie009/DeadCat/MadProfessors board. This lead him to Heavy's board for the second set of posters. Granted a few of these handles ended up posting here but only Rick, ObieWan and Gargoil do now.

So this whole tirade is false in its premise that "This Forum" had all these good folks and they left. They were NEVER HERE!

4. Pressit, Nov 12, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

Ok. As an example awhile back Harley (although I didn’t want to use Harley in this example, he was the first to come to mind), posted some very objectionable comments concerning SR and his wife, and Harley’s comments were totally removed, I assume by Jacob, but not the comments submitted by other members replying to what Harley posted.

What actually got me thinking about this was the comment you made the other day referring to some member(?) who deleted, I believe if memory serves me right, over 3000 posts. So from your explanation those deletions would only be his/her posting, not other members posting replying to his post, and certainly not the whole OP?

5. yacraps, Nov 12, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

I thought it was a few fish short of a full stringer :p

6. Pressit, Nov 12, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

Goatcabin, Frank S, Alan Mendelson, Howard R&R, Harley of old, you don’t have to like them or even agree with them, but all these guys had tons of insight into the game which new members will never read,

7. DeMango, Nov 12, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

Goatcabin was good, Alan, really? Mr I seen 18 yo's in a row? Harley, Shirley you jest!

8. Pressit, Nov 13, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

I said you didn’t have to agree or like them, I said they provided a lot of insight into the game. Obviously you didn’t know the Harley in later portion of the first decade of 2000. I was told MP caniablized a lot of Alan’s work. Shirley? You got me of that one.

IMHO, the best minds we have on this board today are, 777, SR, Linaway, $nakeEye$ when he is in a calm mood, The Midnight Skulker, TDB, VDC, SevenOut, and when given a chance James Hall. I know I left out a few others, but it wasn’t intentional, it is the early hour of the day and my coffee hasn’t kicked in.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  9. Craps Poopshoot, Nov 13, 2017

Craps Poopshoot

It is true that moderated forums censor free speech and expression to the point of the moderators beliefs and politics. Un-moderated forums tend to go down the lines of 4chan/8chan or the very darkweb 0chan where lots of FAKE NEWS and FICTION is posted to just create division and drama.

All members should be very aware that anything posted by anyone here is just 'Opinions'.

10. gargoil, Nov 13, 2017

gargoil

gargoil Member

With all due respect, I think you should wait for the coffee to kick in next time before you post. James is nothing but a TROLL and a few others you mentioned don't qualify. Per your requirement, you need to have a mind to qualify.

11. gargoil, Nov 13, 2017

gargoil

gargoil Member

Unless you are the Dice GOD James Hall. Then it's all facts

Craps Poopshoot likes this.
  12. TDVegas, Nov 13, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I think Jacob should change the title of this forum to "Craps Opinion Forum"....

Because for some reason, some don't realize that is what everyone does here...excluding our own James Hall. He only posts fact.:cool::rolleyes:

Onautopilot and Mssthis1 like this.
  13. Onautopilot, Nov 13, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Goatcabin certainly had a handle, has a handle, on the game, especially the probabilities as applies to a random chance game. And Frank also has a good idea what it's all about.....but Mendelson, and the rest are high suspect, they often quote misinformation, and try and defend it if challenged.

And anything that was available in the "before time", is available right now, there are plenty of good heads on this forum!

betwthelines and TDVegas like this.
  14. Pressit, Nov 13, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

Not an exact quote but asDice Doctor suggested, there is nothing new, just variables of the old.

15. Pressit, Nov 13, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

Well. I never met James, nor you, but SR, who I have met on several occasions, speaks rather highly of James.

HornHighBLEVE likes this.
  16. gargoil, Nov 13, 2017

gargoil

gargoil Member

Interesting. And how many years did he speak highly of Harley?

17. DeMango, Nov 13, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

Dang, gargoil, you beat me to the punch twice on this thread!
    More coffee Pressit, more coffee.

We don't have to like anyone, but does what they say agree with truth? What is truth, when it comes to di? As far as the math goes, you can't change that truth, even if you change probabilities, you still get short paid for your winning bet.

betwthelines likes this.
  18. DeMango, Nov 13, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

Some people are like .220 hitters on the 27 Yankees. Yes they are part of one of the greatest teams in history. But that don't mean they are of any consequence.

19. gargoil, Nov 13, 2017

gargoil

gargoil Member

It all comes down to this. If people on this forum haven't yet figured out who is real and who is FAKE, who is here to have dialogues and opinions and who is here to troll and cause problems then they belong with the Looney click.

20. DeMango, Nov 13, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

All true, give the trolls and comedians and anybody that is "just sayin" the Poof!!

And sometimes you just have to live with a page with 5 posts, cause all the poofies are posting nonsense. The price you pays.

The Midnight Skulker likes this.