The sooner Trump is gone, the better

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Grizzoola, May 17, 2017.

1. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2017

basicstrategy777

I don't know about a bum being able to vote.....I do know he can't buy life insurance.

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  2. Twelve4s, Jun 13, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

yacraps likes this.
  3. badddoin, Jun 13, 2017

badddoin

badddoin Member

Wow! A badge, I'm impressed. And all I have is a stankin' Federal Court case.

CONCLUSION

For the foregoing reasons, this Court enters a judgment declaring defendants' application of New York Election Law Section 1-104(22), and 5-102 and 5-104 in violation of the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution and 42 U.S.C. § 1983; permanently enjoining defendants from refusing to allow homeless individuals to register to vote on the ground that they fail to inhabit traditional residences.

It Is So Ordered.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/608/696/1464605/

Twelve4s likes this.
  4. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2017

basicstrategy777

yacraps likes this.
  5. badddoin, Jun 13, 2017

badddoin

badddoin Member

If we could get rid of that insurable interest nonsense, we could solve the overpopulation problem.

Twelve4s likes this.
  6. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2017

basicstrategy777

That is one situation where someone cannot buy life insurance.....there are others.

It is one of the greatest financial products available.....it is underappreciated and not understood very well.

yacraps likes this.
  7. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2017

basicstrategy777

Do you remember when Donald Trump was business partners with the Russian government, and his company got $53 million from the Russian government investment fund, called Rusnano, that was started by Vladimir Putin and is referred to as Putin’s child?

Oh wait, that wasn’t Trump. It was John Podesta. Sorry.

Remember when Donald Trump received $500,000 for a speech in Moscow paid for by Renaissance Capital, a company tied to Russian intelligence agencies?

Oh, wait. That wasn’t Donald Trump. That was Bill Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump approved the sale of 20 percent of U.S. uranium to the Russians while he was secretary of state, which gave control of it to Rosatom, the Russian state atomic energy commission?

Oh, wait, wait. That wasn’t Trump. That was Hillary Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump got $145 million from shareholders of the
    uranium company sold to the Russians?

Oh, wait, President Obama gave final approval for this deal.

Remember when Donald Trump lied about that and said he wasn’t part of
    approving the deal that gave the Russians one-fifth of our uranium stores?
    But then his emails were leaked showing he did lie about it.

Oh, wait, wait, wait. That was Hillary Clinton and John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump accepted millions in donations from Russian oligarchs like the chairman of a company that’s part of the Russian nuclear research cluster, the wife of the mayor of Moscow and a close pal of Putin.

Oh, wait, that was the Clinton Foundation.

Should Trump be indicted for these crimes?

Oh, wait...

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  8. Settingcanthurt, Jun 13, 2017

Settingcanthurt

So 200 years of voter integrity destroyed by a activist judge in the name of Democratic voter fraud.
    Great Idea. Drunks, drug addicts, wino's, all sorts of criminals who cannot even shelter themselves will be electing LAW makers. Just what New York Needs.
    Which bench do you live on?

yacraps likes this.
  9. Settingcanthurt, Jun 13, 2017

Settingcanthurt

You aint got shit. I have evidence and proof of my claim of expertise in the matter.
    Your federal case will be over turned.

yacraps likes this.
  10. Settingcanthurt, Jun 13, 2017

Settingcanthurt

In the 2000 presidential election, thousands of eligible voters were not permitted to vote due to the improper or erroneous administration of local election laws. See National Commission on Election Reform, To Assure Pride and Confidence in the Electoral Process, at 34 (2001). A joint study conducted by the California Institute of Technology and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology estimated that some three million potential votes were lost because of problems with the voter registration process. See Caltech/MIT Voting Technology Report, Voting: What Is, What Could Be, at 30 (2001) Approximately half of those votes could have been saved, the study concluded, through the use of so-called “provisional ballots.” Ibid. A. Provisional Voting. Provisional voting is a means by which voters whose names do not appear on the electionday registry at their polling place can nonetheless cast votes on “provisional ballots.” Ibid. These provisional ballots are segregated from the regularly-cast ballots and counted only upon verification by election officials that the voter is in fact registered to vote and was either erroneously excluded from the rosters or, in some cases, mistakenly appeared at the incorrect polling place. Ibid. A voter partakes in the process by placing his provisional ballot in an envelope bearing his signature and containing information about the circumstances surrounding the provisional vote sufficient for follow-up investigation. Ibid. If elections officials later verify the voter’s eligibility, then the provisional ballot is removed from the segregated envelope and counted toward those offices for -5- which the voter is eligible to vote. Ibid. If election officials are unable to determine the voter’s eligibility, the ballot remains sealed and the vote uncounted. Ibid.

yacraps likes this.
  11. badddoin, Jun 13, 2017

badddoin

badddoin Member

Requirements, Wages and Time Off From Work

You must be eligible to vote in Minnesota and be able to read, write and speak English.
    You must complete an election judge training course (at least two hours).
    Election judges can choose to volunteer or be paid. Wages vary by city.
    Employers are required to give employees time off to work as an election judge.

Is this the criteria you use to establish your expertise?

Just sayin'.

https://www.dfl.org/electionjudge/

Twelve4s likes this.
  12. Settingcanthurt, Jun 13, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Wow you really are a rock skull. Head election judge education is much more extensive. Wages and time off work a what?? criteria for expertise???

What is it about 6 years of opening and closing a polling position 2-3 times a year you do not understand? There is NO WAY you could accomplish this. NEVER. You do not possess the will.

I suggest you get off your high horse and put in some time to have a F'n clue what you are talking about. Paid or volunteered work the polls in 2018 or in any local election. Call your COUNTY and inquire that you wish to be a election judge.
    Why do you get your information on a DFL site? Go to the source Go to the counties. DFL has your brain all bugged up.

They will give you a badge.

yacraps likes this.
  13. Twelve4s, Jun 13, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

This whole ruckus began with your statement above, which from my experience and training, I knew was false. What you mean by law of the land, I haven't a clue. I assume you're referring to the law in your state. I'm not an election attorney and we've had observers at our polling places who are attorneys. I respect your service as an election judge and know what it's like to work 16 hours and close the polls. In this area, we have chief inspectors who run the show. They don't wear suits or badges, only the same hand written name tags we all wear. I can say with 100 percent certainty that all the poll workers and chiefs I worked with had one goal in mind, to ensure that every eligible voter could legally cast their ballot, and that those not eligible, could not. As you must know, one process in closing the poll, is going through the ballots to find write ins. This has to be done manually, with at least two poll workers per team to insure no hanky panky. Even in what most people would consider an important election, with real consequences, there are still voters who vote for Mickey Mouse, and others I will not list. I'm sure you've seen this example of our great democracy at work. But in my experience, I never once witnessed anything that would be considered voter fraud.

14. Settingcanthurt, Jun 13, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Where you live and other States yes it is false. Here Not so much as our statutes do not include such language. As for the law of the land comment you still have to prove residency. Let me example.

You own property in Florida, and Nebraska or whatever, Texas & North Dakota, Or even Arizona and say New York. See where I am going with this?
    You spend equal time in each of the two states. Which one is your residence??? Well when it comes to voting laws you better be picking just one state. Pick two somehow and vote in both and guess what? You are a Felon. Law of the land.

I wore a off-the-rack sportcoat and slacks. It garnered some semblance of authority . my own decision. Plus the badge which was a laminated Pic ID we called a badge.

As did I. I can say I only had to deny one person a register in all the years. But There were several issues that happened that could have been interpreted as a attempt to fraud. People coming up with excuses to try to get a additional ballot. Maybe their stories were true. Maybe not. I stood my ground in each case and denied a second ballot. The write ins were problematic as they were supposed to automatically get shifted to a secondary bin in the box. The counter detected the writing and flipped a lever to move a flapper door. Sometimes it would not work. Plus the names had to be written down. Mickey Mouse was a biggie. Always wondered why some would bother.
    As for Fraud? We have Franken to prove it. My own poll was compromised on that one. Shortly after that, couple years, I quit, as I did not want my name tied to it. Will tell you more over a cold one some day.

yacraps likes this.
  15. Twelve4s, Jun 14, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Just drinkin,

IMG_8906.JPG

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  16. Settingcanthurt, Jun 14, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Guess i need to take another trip across the river. Looks good.

yacraps likes this.
  17. Twelve4s, Jun 14, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

You can't get this at your local supplier?

18. Settingcanthurt, Jun 14, 2017

Settingcanthurt

19. Twelve4s, Jun 14, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I had no clue. I thought that's why New Glarus built their new brewery, so they could ship all over. Guess I just take it for granted, that we can get any beer we want, here in God's county.

yacraps likes this.
  20. Twelve4s, Jun 15, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Roger Stone unveils plan to get Trump to legalize weed - VICE UK
    https://apple.news/AAZj_vwBINMeRM3vBWqMGZw