the method

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by Dicedoctor, Nov 8, 2016.

1. betwthelines, Nov 17, 2016

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

that is correct...i have no problem with that expansion of the definition either...there seems to a great variety of marty-like strategies...
    good one...i agree.
    remember too that it is frequently denied to be a martingale...true: assertions on public forums should always be viewed critically but this one is out there and oft-repeated...there is that and it does add some to the surmise.

you are more perceptive in this than i ...i have little clue as to what this strategy thingy actually is...but i allus suspected martingale-"like" aspects were at least part of it though i am rather far from certain in that---indeed getting farther from certainty with nearly every posting about it lately, yours, especially maybe, included.

to put forth that it is not a martingale is one thing on the credibility scale but to throw in terms like "indicators" is either more creative than usual if one truly wishes to camoflage its marty nature (not saying that that is anything anyone is actually trying to do) or is actually a convincing clue that, you're right, it's not a marty.

weird scenes inside the gold mine.

tom p
    -g. geist: man-o-man...you really are enamored of the poetry of that last ain'cha?
    --tom p: uh-huh

"...weird scenes inside the gold mine
    ride the highway west, baby

ride the snake, ride the snake
    to the lake, the ancient lake, baby
    the snake is long, seven miles
    ride the snake...he's old, and his skin is cold

the west is the best
    the west is the best
    get here, and we'll do the rest..."

--jim morrison, The End, 1967

2. DeMango, Nov 17, 2016

DeMango

DeMango Member

I just think the total ignorance of this board, concerning negative progressions is astounding. But we sure know how to press till it's purple!!

3. Dave G Ct, Nov 17, 2016

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

That is right DeMango- were you not on a Darkside journey a while back?

4. DeMango, Nov 17, 2016

DeMango

DeMango Member

Still am Dave. Unfortunately I gamble every now and then and play rightside.

5. betwthelines, Nov 17, 2016

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

yes, you are right, demang...certainly i personally profess profound ignorance of negative progressions, at least with regards to dark side negative progressions...

"total" ignorance might be a bit of hyperbole, however...you know, demang, some of us have noticed over the years that you often make good--even profound--points but do have a tendency to over-generalize them or apply them unfairly and inaccurately to the entire forum...yes, it is true that ignorance of negative progressions is quite vast here but it is far from "total"...hell, take yourself for example...lol...

just sayin'

...but, frankly, do-side martingales are not all that complicated...hm...or are they? yah i suppose i am thinking only of the flat or contract bets whereas odds bets and others could complicate things i guess.

but again, almost 43 years-on at the rail, i still don't know all that much about it myself...lol.

tom p

6. Onautopilot, Nov 17, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I am guilty of referring to some negative progressive betting strategies as a Martingale "type" strategy. And they are not true Martingales.

I look at them as a "percentage" type negative progression.

A true Martingale is a 100% progression.

There are many systems that use a "type" of Martingale with a lower percentage of negative progression. All of the names escape me at the moment....D'Alenbert, etc.

Any percentage works, considering the limits of a Martingale......bankroll and table limit.

Example: Raise your starting bet by 10% on losses, lower by 10% on wins. With a certain win goal, and corresponding bank roll, your expected win rate is approx. 90% per session.

I personally play a very complex type of this strategy, using a negative progression, but incorporating some parlays at specific points.......combining the two opposite scenarios. negative progressions, and positive progressions.

I suspect the "Strategy" is structured somewhat along those lines also....just a suspicion!

7. Dave G Ct, Nov 17, 2016

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

DeMango
    Are you familiar with MP' s Short Lease strategy- betting just DC - no odds and a 6 step progression?

8. The Comeback Kid, Nov 17, 2016

The Comeback Kid

Youz guys should go see it in action, then return with proof positive - it's not a Martingale...it's a Martin-light-breeze!

tumblr_ocje7stRwc1rivg1lo3_400.gif

hartzehn22 likes this.
  9. TDVegas, Nov 17, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Is that Jimmy Cagney as a kid?

10. DeMango, Nov 17, 2016

DeMango

DeMango Member

Thank you Dave. My intent is to employ a D'Alembert progression on the line. Not a Parolli. Not a La Bouchere. And sure as hell, not a Martingale. Contrary to an above opinion, it matters not if you are on the Pass or DP, to have a negative progression. They were mostly invented for single zero roulette with en prison rule. But certainly can be employed for any EC bet.

Please note the word intent.

11. Dave G Ct, Nov 17, 2016

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Demango
    I like your method for the Darkside .Do not know how it would work on the right side.On Darkside initial bet can be $10 - then to $15- $20- ,$25..hi like it.

12. DeMango, Nov 18, 2016

DeMango

DeMango Member

In theory it works the same. Use/lay 1x odds to add some excitement.

13. Dave G Ct, Nov 18, 2016

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

DeMango
    MP said you do not employ hedges with this strategy.Also if he got a DP Craps payout he was done for that shooter.I imagine you would play on.Also Heavy likes the 2-2-4-4 then regress a unit

14. AdvantageCrapsPlayer, Nov 29, 2016

AdvantageCrapsPlayer

I think he says he never raises his bet after a loss. So, this gives the 'Illusion' that it is NOT a martingale bc he Never raises his bet after a loss right? So, what if he raises it after a WIN that followed a loss? A win that has a value bet sum of $0. If that bet wins and gives the indicator that this could be a positive sign, he fires his 2nd unit play and loses. So he pauses now and on next indicator he fires a $0 bet and if this bet wins he continues where he left off, but again his raised bet is off a Win of Zero and not off a loss as a typical martingale of say 1,2,4,6,16,32,etc... So now he is on bet 3 and loses it. He waits for the indicator to bet and then fires a $0 wager. If this bet wins, he now raises the next bet to 4x after he gets his indicator and bam it loses.

Heres an Example of what I am trying to convey:
    Get indicator and now bet $32 across as a 1u bet looking for 1-2 hits and lose. (Minus $32)
    Paper bet on next indicator and must show a paper Win...if 5 straight losses it minus $0 for those 5 losses. Boom, get the win on that indicator and now he sits and waits for next indicator, thus only 'betting after a WIn' and NEVER after a Loss, and fires a 2u bet to get him in the black from the $32 loss. So this bet is a $160 across, where 4/10 net $49, 5/9 net $35 and 6/8 net $35. Once in the black maybe he reverts back to 1u across again. However if this bet loses, repeat process. Wait for trigger, enter in a $0 bet. If bet wins, wait for next trigger and now need to bet across to show a Net gain from (Minus $32 and Minus $160) (-$192). So now he fires a $660 across where 4/10 Pay $190, 5/9 pay $140 and 6/8 pay $140. Maybe he takes 2 hits at each stage, but NONE of the martingale type bets came after a Loss, they ALL came after a WIN. even of that WIN was for $0. So now he's incurred losses of -$32, -$160, -$660 and the deficit is $852. he now would have to bet on each number enough to get him ahead after 1-2 hits. Say this might be $3600 across, where 4/10 pay $950, 5/9 pay $700, and 6/8 pay $700. Two hits would put him in the black and now can go back to $32 across.

I have no idea if this is being done or something familiar to this. But if his bets go from $6 on a number to $600 on number or even higher, that would mean his increase from min to max is 100 times his smallest bet. The most I have with TrendSetter is a bet to win 3u on the dark side for Level 5, with a total risk to the seven of only 3 units betting do side place bets comparing similar wagers types. Except my expectations for a 20 unit buy in, is to have a net return of 20-80 units. Thats 100-400% ROR Return on Risk. I have no idea what his is. I hear he's happy with $100 gain after exposing $20k. If, I was to expose $20-$30k, I better be getting that same ROR back. Its all about exploiting the bets for max gain at the right time in the game whether its betting do side or don't side.

well getting tired off to bed.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    The Midnight Skulker likes this.