The friggin' media...enemy of the people

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Nov 9, 2018 at 7:46 AM.

1. basicstrategy777, Nov 9, 2018 at 7:46 AM

basicstrategy777

Jim Acosta violated one of the oldest rules of journalism
    By Michael Goodwin

November 7, 2018 | 10:34pm | Updated

Modal Trigger
    [​IMG]
    Jim AcostaAFP/Getty Images
    By producing a split decision, the election that was supposed to end all elections turned out to be fairly predictable. But it’s the day after that was unlike any other.

The Republican president, the likely speaker of the Democrat-controlled House and the Senate’s Republican majority leader each started Wednesday by talking about working together to get things done. They talked to each other privately and talked separately in public about what they thought they could accomplish for the country.

For most Americans, that would make for a very good day. Given the overheated environment leading up to the midterms and the fear among many that we are drifting toward an era of disunion and spreading political violence, bipartisan pledges to work together for the common good were like the sudden emergence of a bright candle flickering in the wind.

Alas, it was the last thing some members of the White House press corps wanted, so they tried to snuff it out.

The conduct of a handful of so-called reporters during President Trump’s news conference was disgraceful beyond measure. This is not journalism, this is narcissism.

Naturally, the boorish Jim Acosta of CNN was the instigator. As is his habit, Acosta doesn’t ask questions — he makes accusations and argues. Almost daily, he does it with the press secretary; Wednesday, he did it with the president.

“I want to challenge you,” Acosta began after Trump called on him. Trump realized he’d made a mistake, murmuring, “Here we go,” and Acosta didn’t disappoint.

He insisted that despite the president’s use of the word “invasion,” the caravan of Central American migrants “is not an invasion.”
    Trump rails against 'rude' media in heated press conference
    Play Video
    He adopted a lecturing, I-know-best tone to declare that “they’re hundreds and hundreds of miles away; that’s not an invasion.”

Trump’s response should not have been necessary: “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN.”

After more back-and-forth, he called Acosta “a rude, terrible person” and said “CNN should be ashamed of itself.”
    That should have been enough — Acosta got the attention he wanted and got Trump’s goat, giving his network video it could make hay out of for days. Besides, there were scores of other reporters raising their hands to be called on.

But Acosta wouldn’t give up the microphone and kept talking over Trump, trying to lob another grenade.

The president, clearly angry now and stepping away from the podium as if he might bolt the room, pointed at him and said forcefully, “That’s enough, that’s enough. Put down the mic.”

Finally, Acosta sat down, then stood up to argue again, interrupting another reporter. That reporter, from NBC, praised Acosta and picked up the baton by making his own accusation disguised as a question. He mentioned Trump’s attacks on Democrats and “asked” the president: Why are “you are pitting Americans against one another?”

Trump, to his credit, actually answered in a substantive way, but that didn’t satisfy because the reporter didn’t really ask a question. He too just wanted to make an accusation and argue. On camera.

There was a time not long ago when young journalists were taught not to become the story. Apparently, many news organizations have flipped that lesson on its head.

But we are witnessing something more insidious here than media trash talk. Plain and simple, we are watching expressions of personal hatred.

Yes, it’s true that most journalists lean far left and their bias sticks out like so many sore thumbs. That’s been true for a long time, but political bias is an insufficient explanation for the Jim Acostas of our time.

They hate Trump. They really, really hate him. There’s nothing professional about it.

They are not alone. Take a poll of almost any major newsroom in America and the vast majority of those working there, if they are being honest, will confess that they too can’t stand the existence or the sound of Trump.

Or try to imagine Acosta and his ilk behaving in similarly hostile fashion toward Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. Keep trying, but you can’t imagine it because it never happened. Both of those pols lied to journalists repeatedly, yet you can bet 90 percent still voted straight Democratic.
    Even if they didn’t like Obama or Clinton, the political reporters would never dare accuse them publicly of anything, argue with them or interrupt them. Even when skeptical, they were respectful.

Recall how Obama used to spend 10, 15 and even 20 minutes answering a single question — without interruption.

Many in the press corps may have found him overbearingly arrogant. They may have resented the way he looked down on them and bristled at critical stories or tough questions. They knew he started more leak investigations than any other president, and might have feared him because his Justice Department wiretapped a Fox News reporter during a leak case.

But they would never interrupt him or insult him or refuse to give up the microphone.

White House press credentials are not a universal right. There are implicit expectations of proper behavior, and the White House decision to suspend Acosta’s credential is warranted.

Just as Acosta can’t go into a movie theater and yell “Fire” when there is no fire, he should not have the right to hijack a presidential press conference to suit his own ego.

It is also long past time for his colleagues, including those from other outlets, to remind him that his shameful conduct is making all of them look bad. More important, scenes like Wednesday’s further erode the public’s already declining trust of the media and fuel resistance to the First Amendment.

The anti-Trump antics are no longer a sideshow. America has serious problems as well as dangerous enemies, and the mere prospect of Trump, Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell working together is the best news we could have hoped for Wednesday.

Instead, it was overshadowed by a few narcissists chasing their own vanity.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/jim-ac...I2IU6CCseexSDk

yacraps and crispcem like this.

2. crispcem

crispcem Member

The 'mainstream' media is composed of a pack of feral children whacked out on a Soros/Dem- injected sugar candy high. That anyone can stomach a daily ingestion of their public displays of lunacy, lies, hatred and incitement of violence is beyond me. As my Mama always says "Ya can't fix stoopid".
    If and when the dis-United States comes to civil war (if I'm still alive) I'll just sit back and watch the show. I'm in no hurry and I've got plenty of food, water and ammunition. One thing the Dems would be wise to think about as they carry on their narrative is the old saying 'watch out what you wish for'.. They have declared themselves true enemies of this nation...sad, but true.

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  3. lone irish digit, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM

lone irish digit

This is Barney,

There is something most terribly wrong with this country when a reporter personage can get the Presidents goat?

[​IMG]

yacraps likes this.
  4. basicstrategy777, Nov 10, 2018 at 5:24 AM

basicstrategy777

The President was being Presidential and kicked the reporters ass......it's called being a man and not a pussy......by definition, if you are the President, whatever you do is Presidential.....now shut up and sit down.....777

yacraps likes this.

5. badddoin

badddoin Member

Well, everyone knows what they say about opinions.

This regime's incessant attack on America's constitutionally protected free press is an international disgrace. So too are the mindless cult followers who chant anti-press noise at his cult rallies.

I listened to that presser live, and had trouble keeping from laughing. Here Trump comes out, having just got his ass handed to him last night. True, the GOP picked un 3 (or maybe 4, or maybe 2, but probably 3) seats in the Senate, but for all practical purposes that's a non-win. They already had a majority in the Senate. They lose 35 seats (and the majority) in the House, 7 Governorships, 350 state legislature seats, 7 state legislative bodies flip blue. Scores of down-ballot judgeships. The list goes on and on (and on).

He dodged a direct question about Jeff Sessions, knowing full well he was firing him - or had already fired him - even as he bloviated.

So yeah the petulant piece of garbage purposely picked a mindless squabble with Jim Acosta from CNN. What a fucking surprise! And then for Sarah Sanders to tweet out an altered video from her official Twitter account. Really? That's just fucking dumb. Retard dumb. What a stupid administration. What did they think? Nobody would check? Amazing! He's got to try whatever he can to get the conversation away from the inescapable fact that he's a complete loser.

So then he goes to France and embarrasses the U.S. on foreign soil, first by trying to pick yet another mindless squabble with his host, who absolutely lambasted him in his speech afterwards. Then he disrespected the veterans by not attending a ceremony with the other world leaders. Couldn't chance getting that dew wet, I suppose. What a fucking disgrace! It's all part of his attempt to drive the lying narrative. He doesn't give a shit about this country, or our veterans, or our democratic institutions.

I'd love, love, love to be a member of the Whitehouse press pool; I'd still be asking about the crowd size at the inauguration and whatever happened to those 3 million illegal immigrants who voted illegally in the presidential election.

Judging by my words, one might get the impression that I'm a Trump hater. Nothing could be further from the truth. Had 60 million moronic, reality tv mentality idiots not jumped in the trailer park's community pickup truck and went to the polls, Trump would've never been a bleep on my radar screen. So yeah it's you, if you're still a supporter of this criminal regime, that I have issue with. I don't understand how you can possibly hate this great country so much.

So now he's got a hatchet man in Justice. I'm sure he's ALREADY working on undercutting the Mueller investigation. At the very least he'll not make public whatever Mueller sends. That'll only delay the inevitable. The (Democratic controlled) House has oversight responsibility, and a mandate to exercise it.

Oh yeah. Just one more thing:

received_722925604714500.gif

6. crispcem

crispcem Member

Besides being a clueless narcissist, you're a bigot, a racist, an elitist, and a perfect example of today's out-of-touch illiterate lunatic script-rewriting and narrative-flipping Democrat. It's amazing you can't even see how Acosta was out of line, or how horribly behaved the idiot in France was, but that's how Dems roll, the party of haters and mob violence (because they can't comprehend things like a rational adult), pointing fingers at everyone else and not owning their own inherent vileness.
    Had you added a dash of holier-than-thou pious righteousness justifying the violence being carried out against the GOP and supporters of our POTUS by the clueless you identify with, I'd have no trouble in stating I'd plink you ass over tea kettle.in a heartbeat.
    Yeah, I did it anyway. Because you just stated you hate 'me'.
    YOU are the "fucking disgrace". Get you a double dollop of some 'Trump's Tucks & Butthurt OIntment;' and slather it on thick buddy, you're gonna be hurtin' for a long long time. Oh, and maybe a high dose of LSD to get you tuned in to reality.

yacraps likes this.

7. badddoin

badddoin Member

Was it something I said? Or maybe forgot to? That you're the enemy of our republic? A disgrace? A lackey? Completely incapable of forming your own opinions, drawing your own conclusions? Very sad.

I find it interesting that the two biggest (or, at least vocal) supporters of that mob boss both live in blue states. I wonder why y'all bother surrounding yourselves with "those people." Hey 777, how'd that state legislature of yours fair? Can you say trifecta blue? I think y'all'd find that you'd be much happier down there in Alabama or Mississippi.

That worthless, fat, piece of shit landed on French soil and publicly insulted the leader of the country, he got exactly what he deserved. And you're gonna give cover for him, skipping a ceremony honoring our brave fallen vets on the 100th anniversary of the armistice, well, yeah, let's just add one more name to that fat, worthless, piece of shit list.

Hey, have I said, "

," lately?

8. badddoin

badddoin Member

9. basicstrategy777, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:44 AM

basicstrategy777

10. basicstrategy777, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:46 AM

basicstrategy777

11. basicstrategy777, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:47 AM

basicstrategy777

12. basicstrategy777, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:10 AM

basicstrategy777

In case you missed it,,,check posts 9..10...11.............NOW, my turn

Here ya go.....

[​IMG]

here is something for you to chew on.....the Trumpster, by the senate wins, no longer is held hostage in the senate by those 2 broads.....he can crush them with his people .......he will be able to appoint HIS peope in cabinet posts and not worry about kissing anybody's ass....including the head of the Dept of Justice....he will be able to appoint HIS judges by the truckload, including 2 more supreme court justices....when he's thru he might have selected 5 supreme court justices; over half the court; his influence will be felt for over 100 years.....watch Hilary get closer to that orange suit........his polityical power was confirmed by those being elected where he campaigned..; republcans will notice, you stick with Trump, you keep your job........he now has a good enemy in the House; a great foil....they don't advance legislation, it's the dems fault...beautiful for 2020.........HE is the President, not some stupid, fucking crook that is on the take.......he has the power of the pen....he approves or vetos what is brought to his desk.......HE can fuck with France or anybody he wants to, to advance HIS agenda.....the world needs the USA, not the other way around.....watch China and the tarriff situation be resolved before Christmas....guess who will be kissinfg who's ass......China will fold like a cheap suitcase...they have no cards to play............The Trump tain will continue don the track.....watch what happens to that caravan....they ain't gettin'; in.....why?....because of the Trumpster using his presidential powers to protect America..........you ie the democrats, are dead....you think you won something...you won shit....you will not dent the Presidential shield....you will investigaste him up the ass and make his fight harder, but you will not stop him.......this is going to be a fun Christmas....OH...MERRY CHRISTMAS.......remember that one......all democrats are , are obstructionists, and an unruly, violent mob....that all you got......befreft of ideas.....exposed as posers.....cruel ( see Kavenaugh ).....smear merchants......you did crappy in the mid-terms and your blue wave was a weak stream of piss.......you had history on your side...you dumped 100's of millions of dollars...and what did you get ? ....squat.....

This sums up democrat dream for America...

[​IMG]

If you were honest, youu would look at things and call it in an objective manner........your words give you away....

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM
    yacraps likes this.
  13. basicstrategy777, Nov 12, 2018 at 2:49 PM

basicstrategy777

14. badddoin

badddoin Member

The end is near - very near. HOW it ends is anybody's guess.

Lemme enlighten you as to how I think it's gonna play out.

First, I figure Mueller is the wild card. His report should be coming out VERY SOON. This terrifies Trump. He knows damned well there's several smoking guns in it. So do you, although you're too dishonest to admit it. Either this yahoo he's got running Justice or whatever lackey he appoints will surely try to squelch. That's where that big, beautiful Democratic controlled House comes in. They'll drag the AG up to the hill, and . . . How do you say it again? Exercise their Constitutionally REQUIRED oversight obligations. They probably won't get much from him, but then Mueller himself will be under oath next. The truth will come out.

In the meantime, though, we can expect a litany of hearings. All of the corruption that this criminal enterprise has been able to sweep under the rug, exposed. Yes you can expect a new reality show to take the nation by storm.

It'll be glorious. Trump Hotel, Perry's ridiculous phone booth, Nunez' mishandling of the Russian investigation, tax returns. You can expect Jared and Little Donnie on a couple of the episodes, assuming they're not already indicted.

And your boy? He'll continue to come unglued. More incoherent blabbering. More cult rallies. But all the while, Senate Republicans that aren't in quite as Trump-friendly states and have to share a ballot with him in 2020 will be back-peddling as fast as they can. But I expect it's going to be too late. They stuck their heads in those nooses long ago.

I don't see there being an impeachment, although I suppose it's possible. But I really don't think he'll run in 2020. By then, the Republican Party will barely exist. Yep, every Republican that's got the stank of Trump on him will be seriously in peril.

Yeuuup!

15. badddoin

badddoin Member

"..his polityical power was confirmed by those being elected where he campaigned..; republcanswill notice, you stick with Trump, you keep yourjob"

Yeah expect AZ,NV,WV,MT. And whatever happened to your rising star in OH?

16. basicstrategy777, Nov 13, 2018 at 3:29 AM

basicstrategy777

He won most of the states he campaigned in or if lost made them very competitive....why can't you admit that....he never went to AZ.....WV was a long shot......MT was very close.

My point is....if you align with Trump, he has the star power to get you over the finish line ; in short, he can help you win......you disagree with this?

In spite of his many accomplishments you dismiss him as a loser.......you continually under-estimate him....his intelligence...his work ethic.....his ability to bend the world to him......he is a big joke to you......but, what he is , is President of the United States....someone who weilds a very big stick and is not afraid to use it.......against your house of representatives is the Presidency and the Senate...who wins that fight.......God is on the side of the biggest battalions.....you think you have him by the balls.....look at what you got facing him....look at what he has facing you.....best re-think your position.....however, I love the over-confidence......this is one reason the democrats lose so, so much.

RE: Mueller......he can say alot of things and give his arguements....BUT, legally, he is on weak ground....he got shit of any consequence.........he must PROVE collusion...he must PROVE obstruction....my opinion is....he got shit.

17. von duck

von duck Member

Why doesn't he just shoot Mueller, and then pardon himself? He's Donald trump, he can do anything he wants. :)

18. basicstrategy777, Nov 13, 2018 at 5:43 AM

basicstrategy777

That's true duck......but he wants to let it all play out and let them hang themselves....he has nothing to worry about.....he had 17 democrat lawyers and an unlimited budget and an open mandate on what to investigate.....and what have they found........they found ca-ca.....over 20 friggin million spent already.....Mueller recognizes his days are numbered as soon as the new justice dept starts rolling....he wants out NOW.....he'll come up with nothing he can prove ....nothing that will stick....Trump will be doing this

[​IMG]

You guys just can't win and keep sucking hind tit......I'd be pissed off too f I were you.

19. badddoin

badddoin Member

"He won most of the states he campaigned in or if lost made them very competitive....why can't you admit that...."

Well, quite frankly, because it's just not true. A more truthful statement would be something like, "He campaigned relentlessly in states he should have been able to win with 3 yard signs."

"...henever went to AZ..."

Another UNtruth.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...-updates-president-rallies-voters/1678300002/

I really wish when you told lies, you'd at least make it something that's a little more difficult to disprove.

"WV was alongshot....."

I'm thinking this might be the UNtruthiest (of course it's a word) of them all. Trump won WV by 42 points! 26%for Clinton, 68%for Trump.

"MT was very close."

Now this is actually ALMOST not UNtrue. Sure the Senate race was close, but Trump won MT by 21 points. (35:56) Shit, there's only 148 people in the whole state of Montana, and 9 of them were seen sucking Trump's stick at the inauguration. How he ended up with a close Senate race two years later (and lose) - I don't know! If you wanna call that political genius, well, go ahead, I s'pose.

"My point is....if you align with Trump, he has the star power to get you over the finish line ; in short, he can help you win......you disagree with this?"

Yes, I absolutely disagree with this. Democrats went into this cycle defending 26 seats, 10 of which were in states Trump won, 5 by double digits. As opposed to Republicans defending only 9.
    Given the good economy, market gains, low unemployment... I'd expect the Republicans to pick up five (or even more) seats with a better leader. Now, certainly this is only an opinion. But I'm far from alone.

In spite of his many accomplishments you dismiss him as a loser....

Yes, I do. I don't think he's had near the accomplishments you do. The New York Times recently published a well documented article about a lot of his shenanigans, how much he was given by his old man, how he avoided taxes on it, etc. My position is, and has been forever, that he's not nearly as accomplished as he says he is. I mean, why would he be? He's not nearly as anything else as he says he is.

"..youcontinually under-estimate him"

That's not true, either. I think he's very dangerous. I think it's about a coin flip whether this republic survives him.

".....his ability to bend the world to him...."

Nah. What I see more times than not is him being led around by the nose. By Hannity, by Fox News, by Saudi Arabia. He has a small following of very loyal fans, guys that would actually follow him into battle. But it's pretty small. Many more that like to go to the rallies, and chant nonsense, have a good time, but they're not warriors, not even close.

"RE: Mueller......he can say alot of things and give his arguements....BUT, legally, he is on weak ground....he got shit of any consequence.........he must PROVE collusion...he must PROVE obstruction....my opinion is....he got shit."

Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you something from my own personal experience, though: I have shared jail cells with more than a few people that did less in the furtherance of a conspiracy than the attendees of the infamous "Trump Tower Meeting." My guess is that he's ALREADY got sealed indictments for Jared and Little Donnie.

Roughly 8% of the electorate resides with me at the extreme left. About 6% with you at the far right. The other 86% make up the disgusted middle. They could give two shits about any of this. The difference between you and I is I know this. I troll you guys to amuse myself. I never get upset about it.

You drop your red vote into a sea of blue. I drop my blue vote into a sea of red.

Not a single candidate I voted for this election, primary or general, won. Not one. I think I weld a little influence among a few of my less informed left-wing whackjob friends. So, this election I sent out an email to 4 or five friends (all women). I told 'em that I was voting for Gwen Graham in the primary, because she was (I believed) the candidate who has the best chance of winning in the general election. I reminded them that we do live in the south, and people with as much pigment in their skin as Gillum have a real uphill battle. Also, he doesn't have a vagina, and they're the hot ticket this year. Not a single one of them took my advice, and Gillum come up short in the general. Can't play small ball.

20. basicstrategy777, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:50 AM

basicstrategy777

Ok....he went to Nevada in mid Oct......McSally was never 100% Trump supporter.....he distanced himself from her more than most.....he did not campaign vigorously for her.......she was out of his inner circle RE: campaigning, compared to other candidates....

You say he is a loser......you say he is dangerous..........if he is a loser, he can't be dangerous....if he is losing, this means you are winning......you confuse me with your "facts" .

3 NATO countries were paying their share during the black pricks reign....now there are 8.......NAFTA has been dismantled and he put a new deal in place affecting Canada and Mexico.......tax law has been re-done.....obama mandate has been eliminated...he appointed.2 supreme court juctices.....a mountain of regulations have been eliminated unleasing this economic boom.......his economic policies have generated significant wealth in 401k's of all Americans......wages have gone up an average of 3%.......GDP numbers have reached levels not seen during the past 10 years........military has been brought back from the grave after the terrible sequestration by dumbo-ears.......ISIS has been eliminated, where before it was in the news every day with attacks made in this country.......border security has been enhanced and a wall is going up and will be funded properly, soon......seats were picked up in the Senate.....you now have maxine watters in charge of all finances in America......trade with europe is now on a more level footing..........trade deals with China will soon be concluded resulting in a greater trade balance between the 2 countries......the IRAN deal was reversed and IRAN is being economically strangled and will cave soon......( to have obama send them 2 billion in cash and an additional 150 billion , to the #1 sponcer of terrorism in the world was a crime of immeasurable proportion)......We have gotton back hostages from various countries and war dead from NK and have not paid a cent........the nuclear threat from NK has subsided and future talks are scheduled......countries around the world have recognized Trump means business and is not afraid to use the might of this country to pursue his agenda; if he draws a red line they know they best not cross it or they will feel the wrath of Trump... for sure........he has a very, very clear vision for this country and where he wants it to go, and what he wants it to be......he has shown, over these 2 years, he is lasar focused to make his vision come true and will do whatever necessary to make it happen......he has fought back against the media which is set out to destroy him as proven by the 90% negative reporting against him......they, like you, cannot call out when good things happen in the country as a direct result of his policies...you just can't do it...and for this reason you and the media are enemies of the people....you don't tell the people the truth and you lie........my mistake about AZ is inconsequential ....media lies and non-reporting of good things divide the country, and are consequential......the democrat party advocates and promotes: ...destruction of property..... accosting people in restaurants..... violence in the streets..... disrepecting the Presidency and saying he is treasonous, a racist, etc, etc ...spending millions to discredit him with lies ala "the dossier" and having the FBI and Rosenstein lie to federal judges ..........over 60 million people voted for him and he will be re-elected in 2020....you and your ilk will not stop him.....you couldn't do it in 2016 when you had most intellgent agencies against him, you had unlawful smear campaigns against him, you outspent him by many millions, you had the President against him.....and you couldn't do it.......the reason is the American PEOPLE saw thru you and they brought in a new sherrif in town,,,,a great white hope.....an old, successful, rich, white guy that talked like the guy at the bar .....not polished but words that resonated with truth and substance......he said what people felt.....his greatest attributes are common sense, intelligence, great instincts, tremendous personality power, not afraid to ACT and use his position power, great work ethic, a clear vision of what he wants to accomplish.........for these reasons he is dangerous to you.....he is dangerous because you have an opponent that will fight to the death to WIN........you say he is a loser.....keep thinking that way. BTW, We have a future bet coming in 2020....and thank you again for you magnanomous gesture.