The Dice Doctor

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by KokomoJoe4, Nov 16, 2013.

1. James Hall, Oct 18, 2017

James Hall

James Hall Member

But TDV in his great and infinite wisdom says that "INDICATORS ARE AFTER THE FACT" and "are of little or no value"
    Who is one to believe ?

2. Mssthis1, Oct 18, 2017

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I agree with that but I do my progressions different than anything I've read in a book.

rongarm10, yacraps and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  3. KokomoJoe4, Oct 18, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

I do them quite a bit more aggressively than Sam recommends, but am NOT risking everything I have won on the next roll - that would be too aggressive.

rongarm10, yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  4. KokomoJoe4, Oct 18, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Sam's indicators are not even some thing he calls indicators, my bad James - that is my word, not his.

I am referring to his advice regarding having certain numbers that roll be a sign to get off some of your place bets. Sorry, don't have the book in front of me to find the specifics, but something to the effect that you have had a few hits on six/eight, which have been pressed but not fully, then the point is made. This is an indicator to cut your built up place bets back the minimum, and press them up again if they continue to hit.

This gets all you have won on them into the rail, a very good thing. You have also just hit your pass bet, so much the better.

I was not suggesting that Sam thought what has just rolled gives you an indication of what to bet. In fact I KNOW he does not feel that way, he says so explicitly several times in the book. ;)

5. lone irish digit, Oct 18, 2017

lone irish digit

If this doctor of dice dude is the same Sam dude I remember, I don't ever recall seeing Sam regress any of the bets he was pressing. He would normally press 50% of the win until the table max was reached,

yacraps likes this.
  6. tercol58, Oct 18, 2017

tercol58

tercol58 Member

I think at least from what I had been reading what Kokomo is talking about is the place bet in a section i was reading he had a $42 -8 placed and the 8 became the next point he takes down the 8 puts proper odds behind the line and the rest is locked up as winnings may not be what Kokomo was talking about but similar I think

KokomoJoe4 and yacraps like this.
  7. yacraps, Oct 18, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

I remember reading, he would tell his base dealer if you ever hear me say same bet kick me clear the hell out of here :D

rongarm10 and Onautopilot like this.
  8. lone irish digit, Oct 19, 2017

lone irish digit

After talking it over with Barney, he thinks the Sam I knew and Sam G may not be same guy since Barney believes my Sam was just a dentist not a doctor, not that there is anything wrong with that...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    yacraps likes this.
  9. InsideOut, Oct 20, 2017

InsideOut

InsideOut Member

I believe that Sam's back off signal is a crap roll on a come out, midway through a hand. At that point, he lowers all bets, pass line, odds & any place bets, if he had them up, to their initial starting minimums.

I always try to incorporate some of his moves into my play. I love the parlay of pass line natural winners, allowing you to rack whatever you had ready for odds - great move! I get all sorts of looks and well-intentioned advice ("You know, you're much better off betting less on the pass line and putting more odds".), but so often you get that immediate repeater, and you are already upping your bets again without the shooter having had to set and hit a point. There are often multiple strings of come out winners in long hands. Thank you Sam!

10. KokomoJoe4, Oct 21, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Agreed - there are times when you are lucky to win a single odds-backed winner on the line, but where the naturals are showing one after the other after the other.

I have never played using Sam's idea of locking up chips, simply because this method is constructed with the idea of playing through your buy-in to see where you are with it at the end.

I am bailing out with the first loser when in progressive betting mode, because I know at this point I will almost always be ahead -- I say almost only because my progressions start when at +$75, and since my first bet is $75 and because my second bet is $150, if I lose either of these two wagers (and I often do), the progression has failed and I'm back to about even.

yacraps likes this.
  11. tercol58, Oct 22, 2017

tercol58

tercol58 Member

I like the come out parlay also I don’t stick to the plan enough to win
    One thing that seems to keep me from winning is I don’t collect the parlays often enough if more than one natural shows I keep stacking until a craps or a point is made before I collect not every time I do it like this but too often I think it sure is nice tho won 2 or more naturals come and the point wins

yacraps and Onautopilot like this.
  12. tercol58, Oct 22, 2017

tercol58

tercol58 Member

One of the first times I tried the and had a bit of luck with it I actually had a dealer tell me smart play

rongarm10 and yacraps like this.
  13. tercol58, Oct 22, 2017

tercol58

tercol58 Member

Kokomo I’m lucky if my buyin is $75 &5 or $10 is my best start out passline bet I have got up to $150 on the passline a few times but rarely cashed in at that level but I’m already ahead by that time usually so all is good

KokomoJoe4, yacraps and Onautopilot like this.
  14. KokomoJoe4, Oct 23, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Sam describes how we SHOULD do the parlays pretty well. That is, if you are playing single odds, parlay CO winner once. If it hits, collect. Results in nearly as good as or a better win than a hit with single odds, depending on the point.

If you're playing with bigger odds, you could/should let the parlay ride again, if another natural shows.

yacraps and James Hall like this.
  15. Speedracer7, Oct 24, 2017

Speedracer7

Speedracer7 Member

What a great thread........... absent all the personal attacks and counter-attacks and counter-counter-attacks..........and we actually benefit from a good discussion of various view points without having to wade thru all the garbage.........This might just have been the original concept when this site was created! Hope it continues..........

16. The Comeback Kid, Oct 24, 2017

The Comeback Kid

Here, here Speedracer in the future we can use these oh so subtle graphic aids.

tumblr_ogujw9vEnQ1qhgga6o2_1280.jpg

17. yacraps, Oct 24, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Well at least this didnt happen :confused:

18. InsideOut, Oct 24, 2017

InsideOut

InsideOut Member

You have to pull some money off the table after each successful parlay. For example: $10 pass line parlays to $20 on the first natural winner. If you are lucky and repeat, you now have $40. Sam now would put out $15 on the pass line, and hold $15 for odds, racking $10. If you get another natural winner, you parlay to a $30 pass line bet, and then you get to rack the $15 that you would have put in odds, making a total of $25 that you can lock up.

wonko33, tercol58 and yacraps like this.
  19. InsideOut, Oct 24, 2017

InsideOut

InsideOut Member

You have to pull some money off the table after each successful parlay. For example: $10 pass line parlays to $20 on the first natural winner. If you are lucky and repeat, you now have $40. Sam now would put out $15 on the pass line, and hold $15 for odds, racking $10. If you get another natural winner, you parlay to a $30 pass line bet, and then you get to rack the $15 that you would have put in odds, making a total of $25 that you can lock up.

tercol58 and yacraps like this.
  20. yacraps, Oct 24, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

SAM would say pressing 50% of winners would result at least 40% gains when hit again one thing I learned from this forum was never doubt and fight with a jew in the Dessert....not that there is anything wrong with that....where is 12s he would show a post that backs it up....12s comeback ;):D

basicstrategy777 and KokomoJoe4 like this.