TDVegas on ignore? Yes please

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by gargoil, Jul 20, 2015.

1. gargoil, Jul 20, 2015

gargoil

gargoil Member

TD and I have been arguing about things for a few weeks now and I noticed stooping down to his level has made me dumber than shit. Literally. So for now I have put him on my ignore list and I will go back and read posts from SR, TT123, VDC and others to get some of my smarts back.
    I shall miss his comic relief but I guess at the end I just got bored with him.

I suggest you do the same.

six shooter likes this.

2. VDC

VDC Member

Lmao G

Is there a way to put on ignore? Let me know. I think all forums should have one. If one gets tired of another. Bam. Ignore. Lol

3. gargoil, Jul 20, 2015

gargoil

gargoil Member

Yea just go to your profile page and you can chose who to follow and who to ignore.

4. Grizzoola, Jul 20, 2015

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

TDVegas is one of the few on this board with credibility.

TDVegas likes this.
  5. Dave G Ct, Jul 20, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Yes unfortunately TD has a rather short shelf life Oh he can parrot some math platatudes but that does get old. Submerged in his bunker he is left to attacking anything positive from a DI.
    But I do enjoy taking shots at him. Why not he puts it on a tee. SR said every site needs a TD. No I do not think so. Other opinions- sure. But not remixed drivel .

6. TDVegas, Jul 20, 2015

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Thanks, Grizz.
    Same to you.

7. basicstrategy777, Jul 21, 2015

basicstrategy777

Everybody has something to offer. Unless there is resistence to the oars, the boat cannot go forward. I have never put anyone on ignore and for me to do so would take a awful lot.

I'm not saying don't do it....I'm saying make sure there is an overpowering reason to do it....other than you disagree.

IMHO.

betwthelines likes this.
  8. gargoil, Jul 21, 2015

gargoil

gargoil Member

It's okay to disagree if both parties are adding value to the forum or the conversation. In the case of TD, he adds no value in neither. He lost his credibility here. His answer to anything and everything is :"BS. You are a liar". And when you press him on it he changes the subject. You can't have a dialogue with someone like that. Here is an example

Gargoil: "I looked up and saw the sky was blue"
    TDVegas: "Where were you when you looked up? what were you wearing? I put no credence in someone who doesn't give out details or names things. Your entire post is suspect and BS. The sky is never blue"
    Gargoil: "TD, others have seen the sky blue before. What difference does it make where I was and what I was wearing? Everyone knows it's a reflection of water"
    TDVegas:: "Water is made up of H2O. It can be cold or warm and sometimes have things swimming in it"

Get my drift... ;)

9. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 21, 2015

The Midnight Skulker

I must disagree. (I know; you're stunned. ;)) One of the members on my ignore list is the definition of "troll". "Take him away. He has nothing to say."
    My problem with the Ignore function as implemented is that ignorees cease to exist for the ignorer, which is why I use it with great care on this forum. The old software, still in use on Roulette Forum BTW, hides only the text of posts and titles of threads started by ignored authors from my view; that these authors had started a thread or posted something is indicated by a "placeholder".

The only indication I get on this forum is a skip in the number sequence of posts; there are no placeholders, and neither do their threads/posts appear in the list of new posts or the list of subjects in the individual forum sections. I see these threads only if I notice them in the Newest Threads or Newest Replies sections of the sidebar.

I have considered adding TD-V to my list several times of late. His attitude toward dice influencing and ancillary subjects strikes me as akin to that of Holocaust deniers: no evidence will derive from a sufficiently credible source for him. Resistance is therefore futile and I choose to allocate my energies elsewhere. OTOH I find what TD-V has to say on other topics of interest on occasion and so I do not officially ignore him. There are a few other posters, both here and on Roulette Forum, that I unofficially or partially ignore for the same reason: they are not worth arguing with but sometimes have something of interest to say.

Executive summary: I think I basically agree with Basic Sevens. Ignore is completely safe when used with care.

10. TDVegas, Jul 21, 2015

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Well, he already reversed himself...so this thread can go in the garbage. Less than 24 hours after posting it.....comical.

Ignore is a great feature and I urge anyone who feels like they want to avoid posters to use it. I use it myself. What I can't respect are those who go on a horse about ignoring AND post a starter thread about it...and then reverse course hours later. Jeez.

11. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 21, 2015

The Midnight Skulker

I'm catching up from a four-day hiatus from the forum and so apparently have yet to stumble upon the reversal. Could you point me to it?

12. TDVegas, Jul 22, 2015

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

gargoil, Yesterday at 9:28 PM
    "So it got boring for me on the forum while having TDVegas on my ignore list. I figured what the heck."
    ------------------------------

24 hours later! Yeesh. If someone is going to declare something..at least be man enough to stick to it. 24 hours.

13. gargoil, Jul 22, 2015

gargoil

gargoil Member

Yea skuller I removed him from my ignore list because the posts got weird. Could not follow others because they were talking about something he posted.
    I will just have to learn to use my mental ignore I guess.

14. Grizzoola, Jul 22, 2015

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

I don't know why this tread was started in the General Craps forum. Gargoil, Dave, etc., are all DI believers, so this thread should have been started in the DI forum. This thread is "sound and fury, signifying nothing," as a character in a Shakespeare play said.

Jacob likes this.

15. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

Good point, I moved it to the OT section since it isn't particularly relevant to craps.

16. gargoil, Jul 22, 2015

gargoil

gargoil Member

Oh the sock puppet is out again to defend his girlfriend Tiny Dick.
    Don't worry Ligrooza Jacob took care of it. Now you can go be "Sound and Furry" on something else.

17. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 22, 2015

The Midnight Skulker

OK, still catching up. Haven't gotten to that thread yet.

18. $nakeEye$, Jul 22, 2015

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Grizzoola -

I AM IMPRESSED -

And I thought that ALL YOU read were comic books !

One learns something NEW every day !

$...eE..$

19. betwthelines, Jul 24, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

BINGO!

wtf is it with this "ignore" function anyway? who needs help to ignore something?? i ignore shit all the time here without any computer aid

use your brain

tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p