Supreme Court Decision RE: PA.

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Feb 24, 2021.

1. basicstrategy777, Feb 24, 2021

basicstrategy777

Future elections in America:....He who cheats the most, wins.........

.The supreme court decision RE: Pennsylvania was shameful.....it's over.......the tree of liberty must be watered.

Supreme Court- At This Point What Difference Does It Make?

'Inexplicable': Alito and Thomas Dissent as Supreme Court Strikes Down Pennsylvania Election Lawsuit
    On Monday, the Supreme Court threw out several of the remaining challenges to the 2020 presidential election as moot, considering that former President Donald Trump conceded to Joe Biden, who has now become president. Yet Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas dissented, arguing that the Supreme Court should have taken the opportunity to clarify election law, especially in the case of Pennsylvania.
    “The Constitution gives to each state legislature authority to determine the ‘Manner’ of federal elections,”

Thomas wrote. “Yet both before and after the 2020 election, nonlegislative officials in various States took it upon themselves to set the rules instead. As a result, we received an unusually high number of petitions and emergency applications contesting those changes.”
    Thomas argued that the cases Republican Party of Pennsylvania v. Veronica DeGraffenreid (2021) and Jake Corman v. Pennsylvania Democratic Party (2021) presented “a clear example” of election law issues that the Supreme Court should put to rest. “The Pennsylvania Legislature established an unambiguous deadline for receiving mail-in ballots: 8 p.m. on election day. Dissatisfied, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended that deadline by three days.”

“That decision to rewrite the rules seems to have affected too few ballots to change the outcome of any federal election. But that may not be the case in the future,” Thomas argued. “These cases provide us with an ideal opportunity to address just what authority nonlegislative officials have to set election rules, and to do so well before the next election cycle. The refusal to do so is inexplicable.”

Alito also wrote a dissent, which Justice Neil Gorsuch joined. Alito argued that these cases “present an important and recurring constitutional question: whether the Elections or Electors Clauses of the United States Constitution… are violated when a state court holds that a state constitutional provision overrides a state statute governing the manner in which a federal election is to be conducted. That question has divided the lower courts,* and our review at this time would be greatly beneficial.”
    “Now, the election is over, and there is no reason for refusing to decide the important question that these cases pose,” Alito argued. While a decision in these cases “would not have any implications regarding the 2020 election,” it would “provide invaluable guidance for future elections.”

Alito dismissed the argument that this case only arose given the COVID-19 pandemic and therefore does not present ongoing issues. He noted that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court used a constitutional provision guaranteeing “free and equal elections” to “override even very specific and unambiguous rules adopted by the legislature for the conduct of federal elections.” This broad overreach arguably sets a dangerous precedent. Alito noted that “in order for a question to be capable of repetition, it is not necessary to predict that history will repeat itself at a very high level of specificity.”
    Alito also dismissed as “highly speculative” the prediction “that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court will not find that conditions at the time of a future federal election are materially similar to those last fall.” He also noted that the primary election for Pennsylvania congressional candidates will take place in a mere 15 months. “We may hope that by next spring the pandemic will no longer affect daily life, but that is uncertain.”
    “For these reasons, the cases now before us are not moot,” Alito argued.

In addition to these Pennsylvania cases, the Supreme Court also dismissed Donald Trump v. Joe Biden (2021), a case involving the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s rulings on absentee ballots.
    https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...wsuit-n1427260
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...0-542_2c83.pdf
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...83.pdf#page=12

In a 1787 letter to William Stephens Smith, the son-in-law of John Adams, Thomas Jefferson used the phrase "tree of liberty":
    I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: and very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a Chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: and what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent and persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it’s motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.1 The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted.2
    [​IMG]
    SUPREMECOURT.GOV
    www.supremecourt.gov

You mark my words......the rubber band will break and there will be big, big consequences....BIG.

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  2. Dave G Ct, Feb 24, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

So right.Supteme Court an embarrassment .Left has intimated them.Hey Mitch you have no legacy!

yacraps likes this.
  3. von duck, Feb 24, 2021

von duck

von duck Member

"All he does is win" aka (LOSE). He's been in the trenches, (gutter). Ya see "Dumbass", trump picked those SCOTUS nominees on one issue only, Roe vs Wade. As usual, he made bad choices. I recommend next time, he try appointing a "Protestant". :cool:

4. Dave G Ct, Feb 24, 2021

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Duck
    Even if they got the Rowe case they would cave.

yacraps likes this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Feb 25, 2021

basicstrategy777

hey duck....wait till you hear Trrump sunday in orlando........more fudge packing for you......

yacraps likes this.
  6. twodicebilly, Feb 25, 2021

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

duck

dont be so silly here.....do think there is any chance in a million that dems would
    nominate a judge that did not support ...abortion?????

Now i sorta think Biden had a candle party the other night for the 500,000 people that
    died of covid......nice gesture.......i dont remember him having a special night for the
    51..............million dead kids.

[​IMG]

TDB

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  7. twodicebilly, Feb 25, 2021

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

talking about the supreme court.

today is the day that decides trumps future...........

A spokesperson for Vance, Danny Frost, confirmed that a subpoena for the documents was enforced on Monday against Trump's longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, just hours after the nation's highest court rejected Trump's appeal.

The subpoena from Vance's office demanded Trump's personal and corporate records dating back to 2011, including his tax returns. Trump bucked modern precedent by refusing to release his tax returns to the public even as he mounted two campaigns for the presidency.

If his records and tax returns are reasonable, there is going tobe some red faces in the democratic party, and that could lead to
    2024.... i dont expect them to be any different than anything else he touches......but i sure hope they are ok because anything that makes Nancy Pelosi look stupid works for me.

TDB

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    yacraps likes this.
  8. basicstrategy777, Feb 25, 2021

basicstrategy777

just wait till he says he will run for president in 2024, on sunday in orlando.....that will be cool....don't you think.

yacraps likes this.
  9. von duck, Feb 25, 2021

von duck

von duck Member

Yeah, too cool man. Should be a hoot. Be sure got plenty of lotion handy. :)

10. Settingcanthurt, Feb 25, 2021

Settingcanthurt

AAANNNNNd The Election bureaucrats of Maricopa County are thumbing their noses at their legislature. They will not allow the Dominion machines to be examined. The LAW says all election materials must be kept for two years to be examined.. Arizona the wild west needs a new sheriff....

yacraps likes this.
  11. Settingcanthurt, Feb 25, 2021

Settingcanthurt

Do you think this is a possible precedent to have Omobbas super sealed records unsealed???
    Find out who the fuk he is???

yacraps likes this.
  12. basicstrategy777, Feb 25, 2021

basicstrategy777

duck.....I mean....can you imagine..........hair will be burning so much it will be seen by our satillites...........it would tickle me to no end........and the money would be pouring in...........only 3 years and change left before black prick finishes his 3rd term........he just might finish the job this go around.

yacraps likes this.
  13. von duck, Feb 25, 2021

von duck

von duck Member

Do you think he will really choose Putin as his running mate this time, as has been speculated? :) I really doubt If he'll run again, though I know how badly you need for him to. There's not much chance man. :cool:

14. basicstrategy777, Feb 25, 2021

basicstrategy777

The odds are, a normal man would not run in 24....but i would not put it past him.....he is probably itching to get another shot at the puppet.......it's just that I believe he did so much for the country and was it's life perserver as she was going down for the count......he might need to do it again.....and he is the only one. right now, that has what it takes to withstand all the heavy artilary aimed the way of the republicans.

yacraps likes this.
  15. twodicebilly, Feb 25, 2021

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Your assuming there will be a different Trump sunday that cost us the two senate seats.

There is a millions things he can say that will put us on the road to 2022, or he can spend
    two hours talking about himself in which case 2022 means nothing to him.

TDB

16. twodicebilly, Feb 25, 2021

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Setting

we are talking about Obama.. that day has come and gone............i think Obama applied for colleges
    as a foreign student.....but then that no longer matters does it.

Look Trumps mouth put him in this place....what ever happens happens.....

TDB

17. von duck, Feb 25, 2021

von duck

von duck Member

He won't say a million things. He'll say the same shit that he's been saying since day one. "The only person in the world, that knows anything, is "The Donald". "They tried to get me for my "perfect"phone call, then when that didn't work, they tried to get me for my "perfect riot". "Now, they are tring to get me for my perfect "tax deductions". When will they stop "witch hunting me"? Blah, blah, blah, blah...................:cool:

18. twodicebilly, Feb 25, 2021

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

VON DUCK

I agree, it will be the same old Trump.....now no one wishes it would be a new Trump one that
    talks about what can do as a party, and how that can save the country.... than i do...there are not
    many limits to what he could do......

TDB

19. basicstrategy777, Feb 26, 2021

basicstrategy777

he will say many things that ring true and resonates with the crowd......they know he will right the ship and can lead.....it is the beginning....

yacraps likes this.
  20. MisterInside, Feb 26, 2021

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

I might be in the minority here, but I have a lot more confidence in our Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) than I have with our Legislative or Executive branches combined. I'd like to see nine judges who voted with the Constitution and not ideology. We have several of the nine, but only have a couple of the 535 in Congress and zero in the White House.

Doesn't this picture show what our country has become? This character is the second or third top Doc in the country. I think that Levine has the job due to being Trans. Shouldn't our top Docs be people that our kids want to emulate?

upload_2021-2-26_14-19-42.png

yacraps likes this.