Sometimes you have to admit....it's time to retire.

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Oct 10, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Oct 10, 2020

basicstrategy777

2. basicstrategy777, Oct 10, 2020

basicstrategy777

3. Settingcanthurt, Oct 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

yacraps likes this.
  4. Mssthis1, Oct 12, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I have no remorse. She choose to play the game of Russian Roulette Presidents and lost. She could of retired in the 2009-2012 window.

Maybe Oboma was such a power hungry ass that he wouldn't let her have any say in her replacement. Only the fly on the wall knows.

yacraps likes this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Oct 12, 2020

basicstrategy777

Real smart people show me time and again...they are dumb.......she knew she was old....she knew she had a deadly disease.....she should have quite while the black prick was president and have her position replaced.....at least the dems had a shot......dumb.....

yacraps likes this.
  6. TDVegas, Oct 12, 2020

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

She likely saw herself as a fighter, a no give up type personality...she wasn’t going to pack it in. My guess is that RBG wasn’t the type to say “maybe it’s time”.

The human body eventually says “yes, time to go”....no matter how much your mind says otherwise. Her mind was the dominant force.

two words for everyone in DC....term limits or age limits.

yacraps likes this.
  7. Mssthis1, Oct 12, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

Personally I feel there should be an 8 year limit for all federal elected or appointed positions.

yacraps, TDVegas and Settingcanthurt like this.
  8. MisterInside, Oct 12, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

One word- EGO

Powerful women have them too.

yacraps and lone irish digit like this.
  9. basicstrategy777, Oct 12, 2020

basicstrategy777

She is suppose to be smart....she should have figured it out.........thing is, she did figure it out but one side of her brain over-ruled reality and what was going to happen to her and eventually her seat on the court............she knew the right thing to do , based upon her condition, but did not do it...........her way of thinking ie....emotion over-ruling facts, is the reason trump might lose.........people KNOW who would be best for the country, who has enacted the best policies, who stands for American values.... but that other side of their brain will dominate...I hate that prick and how he talks and how he acts...like mussolini....the prick......and they make the worse decision.........hopefully we have enough people out there , where they do what they know is right.....and not let emotion dominte, resulting in a bad, bd decison.........just like the craps table.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    yacraps likes this.
  10. Settingcanthurt, Oct 12, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Friend of mine came up with a great idea. 6 year term. no back to back but can run again. Both houses and kahuna.

yacraps likes this.

11. Liman

Liman Member

Exactly she should have retired at what 82 and let her democratic buddies appoint

yacraps likes this.

12. Liman

Liman Member

I never had a problem with Obama as far as I was concerned if I was doing well financially
    My family friends doing well prospering things were ok
    I don't believe Biden Harris team will help this country prosper
    I think taxes will skyrocket

local govts are going to slaughter us with fees and taxes to make back money from covid losses because Biden rule will not give the states back anything

13. twodicebilly, Oct 13, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

LIMAN

I think the country got better over-all under Obama, however that was in spite of him
    not because of him.

couple of things.

1... the recession was caused by the democrats politicizing home ownership...when you have a law indicating a bank has to provide loans to atleast 50% of their clients that cant afford a home under their
    normal guidelines.....and when FHA put hundreds of thousands of poor families into homes where they
    were 10-12 % underwater the minute they got the home.....what in the hell do you think will happen.???

so Obama took over with a problem he helped cause...and if you look at the record the stimulus was a fraud
    and did not help....

The next step was the introduction of fracking and more oil production....Obama fought that with all he
    could muster....the oil producers kept going and because of them, gas prices declined and gave american
    people and business the same as a constant tax break. That causes the economy to improve some.

When asked about the good the lower gas prices did, all Obama said was " now they will just go fill up their trucks "

If Obama had got what he wanted....we would have been in a world hurt.......gas prices stay at $4-5
    corporate tax at 35%, government cost of regulation at 10% of GDP, and get rid of American trucks
    which was the main basis for the recovery of Ford and Chevy.......in addition, the reason many
    utilities shifted from coal to natural gas was because the cost of natural gas declined as the production of
    oil increased......all the things that helped Americans he was against......

The thing America could not over-come was his race baiting in Fergeson.......hands up dont shoot"
    nonsense when the officer did his job, and Obama taking the wrong approach has cost hundreds of people
    their lives since.

YOu cant just look at your pocketbook under Obama, you have to see the entire picture.

TDB

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  14. basicstrategy777, Oct 13, 2020

basicstrategy777

the black prick put a dagger in the heart of America....she almost died and was on life support when Trump got in.....to those that only looked at their pocketbook under him.....not good....IMHFO.

yacraps likes this.