Right Hander @ SR or Visaversa?

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by peteydogg, Jun 21, 2012.

1. peteydogg, Jun 21, 2012

peteydogg

peteydogg Member

I am curious to that if I am a right hander, meaning I throw with my right hand should I be at SR or SL. SR feels more comfortable to me but I have seen in some threads that a right hander should be throwing from the left side of the table. (stickman). At SR my arm and pendulum swing is parallel to outside walls Stick and boxman and perpindicular to the back wall. If I am SL it skews my throw somewhat. Any thoughts , Advice?

2. zmoney, Jun 21, 2012

zmoney

zmoney Member

What ever you're comfortable with and more importantly what ever side makes more money for you. I used to only shoot from SR1 and did well but pretty much anymore I shoot from SL1 just because it feels more natural to me.

3. Southern-Comfort, Jun 21, 2012

Southern-Comfort

As Zmoney said, whichever is most comfortable. As I understad it, those who try to enforce righthanders at stick left are doing so because it shortens the distance between your fingertips, at the end of the toss, and the landing zone.
    That may be true, but if its not comfortable it defeats the purpose. Truth is, that position requires alot more adjustments through the toss, hence the hours and hours of practice every day that the teachers chant to us. If stick right is more comfortable, use it.

4. $nakeEye$, Jun 22, 2012

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Ideally one should strive to be able to shoot with equal proficiency from ALL table positions -

In that manner - you do not limit yourself to any ONE table spot -

Thereby increasing your playing / shooting opportunities !

Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.