Power Press

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by oldgrasshopper, Sep 22, 2016.

1. $nakeEye$, Sep 23, 2016

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

ShitBreath / Shit4Brains / ShitAss -

" I " - ONLY have the ONE account -

On THIS AND on OTHER forums ! -

Which I have maintained for quite a few years !

The ONLY difference between MY monikers / screen names is an " S " in lieu of " $ " ! :)

Matter of Fact -

Even during my censure from this board for calling out Harley -

I did NOT attempt - NOR - give TOO much thought - about registering under an alias !

However, MarkV -

The SAME comment does NOT apply to YOU ! :eek: :rolleyes: o_O ;)

$...eE..$

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    lone irish digit likes this.
  2. $nakeEye$, Sep 23, 2016

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

James -

YOU, as ALL on this forum , have the aliases used by VDC / TSC / ACP -

A simple search of " Members " and their associated posts should put your curiosity to rest !

I DO distinctly remember the post that OGH references and it was posted THIS year - within the past 6 months or so !

I would help you with your homework - but - I am too busy at the moment " conversing " with certain A$$HOLE$ on this forum ! :eek:

$...eE..$

3. oldgrasshopper, Sep 24, 2016

oldgrasshopper

========================================================

SnakeEyes is correct about the same individual having the three different handles: Vegas Dice Controller, TrendSetter Craps and Advantage Craps Player. While I don't recall the context in which this statement was made (perhaps by the individual himself?) only the Administrator can actually verify the accuracy of the statement?

4. oldgrasshopper, Sep 24, 2016

oldgrasshopper

=================================================
    As SnakeEyes stated on I believe the recent 'a trend is born' thread; there are few substantive posts but that seems to be the nature of the beast. Most threads usually morph into a 'he said, he said' discussion. James, I'd like to help. I think I saw it on the Dice Influence thread
    from perhaps the 10th page working back towards the first. But I don't recall the name of the thread because I printed out the material. Iv'e been spending a lot time trying to read what I perceive as the more relevant posts on this forum and the project has turned out to be quite an ambitious marathon.

5. James Hall, Sep 24, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

Well I will tell you , in my opinion you are doing the right things
    finding information , evaluating it for value and continuing on , you never know where good information might come from
    keep on keeping on

6. Onautopilot, Sep 24, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

This is for you Snake! :) 14433155_1574870499488102_3699011579582400502_n.jpg

James Hall and $nakeEye$ like this.
  7. The Comeback Kid, Sep 24, 2016

The Comeback Kid

I do not judge any man's approach. You are free to play any way you wish, but I offer here a simple comparison.

Really...Seriously? ...a bit, uh...extreme wouldn't you say?

If your first experience with a train was your foot getting run over, would you advise us to all walk? "It takes discipline not to ride the train, pal, but my experience has shown me, that at least you wont get your foot run over."

And if your first date with Cindy (woopsi that was mine) went terrible, would you advise us to ONLY have sex with ourselves? "It's the professional way boys - you won't get hurt."

Thursday night I had a lovely time with the other shooters at Mohegan Pocono, where 3 had wonderful rolls including yours truly. What a hoot!

I include rendezvous' with other shooters as part of my game enjoyment. What am I gonna do when they go on a tear - sit on my hands and watch & proudly claim to myself how disciplined I am?

I don't mind an occasional dip because I'm the Comeback Kid & I've prepared my energy days in advance so the outcome I seek is certain - I'm here for the ride. Plus, with a couple great rolls at the table, extreme power pressing ain't all that necessary.

See, maybe it's just me, but I prefer the fun, easy way, where abundance can flow to me along multiple pathways. I'm not here just for the money, because you & I both know, there are 1000's of more "disciplined" ways to make money.
    Just a different perspective for oldgrasshopper.

8. James Hall, Sep 24, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

Comeback that is certainly some food for thought however
    let me explain why I use the approach I do
    with the players who are more successful than the masses some things will stand the test of time
    when a very skilled player throws the dice , he does everything he can to control every aspect of the session he possibly can control
    after he sevens out and has won what ever amount of money he does ,
    he must then wait for 10 to 13 other players to have their turn with the dice and of course there is very little that he can control at that point
    so he will normally lose part or all of what ever profit he had taken . Random players are very costly the odds of probability suggests they will average a 7 every 6 rolls
    therefore my rule is I bet only when I , my daughter , someone I have trained or someone I know really really well is throwing the dice
    Granted there have been times when I have passed up a long roll where I could have made some serious money
    but the reality is there would have been many many more rolls where I would have lost back all or part of what I had won
    by betting only when I have the dice has allowed me to win a lot more than I would have otherwise
    I GENERALL BET ONLY WHEN i AM THROWING THE DICE that cuts my losses substantially

9. oldgrasshopper, Sep 26, 2016

oldgrasshopper

Here ya' go James!
    ===============

[​IMG]
    AdvantageCrapsPlayerMember

He thanked Rick for finally getting him to take a class. Rick is on record as saying DI classes are basically just a money making scam. One of them is bullshitting. No?
    Hey knucklehead. He never could describe or show me the shot as many times as I played with him. He just told me it works and gives you an alternative to Parr.

I think when he is referring to Parr DI schools, not DI schools in general . Hey I still use Parr and I've seen first hand SR and Harley use Parr. They just use Parr far less than OA. Why? Can't answer for them but I'm gonna say it's because of the forgiving nature the OA shot.

Sometimes the OA can't do squat and Parr rules for the day. But most times I'm never even attempting Parr bc my other shots work better and on a more consistent basis.

This is the reason I have confidence to power press my bets with no pressure. I know it's just a matter of a few hands, maybe the first maybe the 5th that I'll get in a groove and get to 20 + box hits. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that would be their statement too.

Here's my roll data this past week from my favorite watering hole. I say that Bc those who know me know where it is: I struggled early on and lost $100 a hand like 6-7 straight times. Than had this one:

4/10 WOTCO
    4,h6,8,8,h8,9,10,3,h8,10,9,8,10,8,9,h10,10,4, (20 box hits so reduce) 6,7out .

$64 across... Do the math. Drop off change on H6 and H8. If you play it out you will see that 20 box hits nets $3500 with phase 2 of progression set up $75 on 4,5,9,10 and $120/ 6-8. Next 2 rolls were 6, then 7out.

That $3500 covered me for my 6 duds with 46 to go before I can go negative. 3 days later I have 5-6 duds then the 69 hits.

My personal opinion, if you have a skillset and your skillset can get you to a 25-30 roll hand 1:50. Then you can't lose. It cost me around $70 a hand. If it's a bonus table like ATS it goes to $100 overall risk.

Will I have 20 duds that don't make 20 box hit. I'm sure. But now I'm on house $$$ and it affords me a lot of misses. Betting big out if gate is stupidity. Those who do ISR hoping their SRR comes into play. 660 across and get 4 hits then regress down to $160 across. Take 3-4 hits then regress to $86 across for 4-5 hits then regress to $64 across for a few more hits.

So the win $140 4 times that's $560
    The won $35 4 times. That's $149
    They win $21 4 times. That's $84
    They win $14 4 times that's $56
    Now the press the next 4 hits.
    So we are 20 paid hits into this hand.
    Their up $840. I'm up $3500. Rotflmmfao
    Their risk to the 7 in first 4 rolls was $660., mine was $64. We all know the PSO are unpredictable right? Well say you get 3 before you get paid. Wells your -$1980. I'm -$180. Did I mention you could take a break for 2 hours while my $64 is dividing into your $1980 and While your resting I'm attempting to hit a 20 hand. I could shoot 30 more times over the next month and still be ahead of you without ever hitting one hand past 20

Do the math. The guys who can't shoot worth a damn have to try something Bc they can't get to 20+. So they have to risk more

The guys in my group risk less, get a bigger ROR and ROI because our LJ skillset and OA skillset enables us more consistent rolls into high 20,30,40,50 etc.

Nuff said

I'm out. GL to all
    Har then thank for the support. Greatly appreciated in a rough forum. :) #85
    AdvantageCrapsPlayer, Jan 12, 2016

10. James Hall, Sep 26, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

11. James Hall, Sep 26, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

Thank OGH I'll take a look

12. The Comeback Kid, Sep 26, 2016

The Comeback Kid

Of course this guy has to power press.
    I understand why he does.
    He's already $450 down & sinking fast.
    Sorry, not impressed.

Time at the table is not time to get "in the groove".
    A common mistake imHO
    If you're PSO-ing - that should be an indicator of resistance.
    You shouldn't be at the table, you should be at the pool.

There's 2 ways you can tell if you're not in the groove.
    You can feel it, & see what's occurring. The former is preferred.

The best way to deal with losses is to catch them before they occur.
    Get into your groove - offline. Bring yourself into alignment, and then...
    Once grooved, you walk right into a goovy experience. Ya dig?

50013521.jpg