Place 6,8 vs Placing 5,6,8,9

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by etr102, Jan 28, 2013.

1. James Hall, May 18, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

You are right there miss , the skepticism is horrendous
    but when they see it in action they are amazed

2. The Midnight Skulker, May 18, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

The scene: Mount Sinai Print Shop. John Cleese is the clerk behind the counter. In walks Michael Palin, a customer.

Cleese: Good morning, Sir. How may I help you?

Palin: My name is Moses. Yesterday I dropped off a bush on which I had recorded some commandments that I wanted printed and I wondered if the tablets might be ready.

Cleese: Ah, yes...um...refresh my memory: how many commandments were there?

Palin: 20.

Cleese: In that case I'm afraid I may have some bad news. You see, there was a slight printer malfunction. When the operator loaded the tablets into the feed tray the fourth page somehow went in backwards, with the polished side forward, which reflected the laser beam back to the printer causing it to overload, which reversed the polarity of the input conduit, which sent an electromagnetic pulse back to the bush.

Palin: What is "an electromagnetic pulse"?

Cleese: It's something we won't know about for a few thousand years. You'll just have to trust me on this.

Palin: I was really hoping to get the tablets sooner. I and my followers have already crossed land and sea -- had a hell of a time with that one -- to get out of Egypt, and we still have a ways to go to the Promised Land. How long do you think it will be? I haven't got all millennium.

Cleese: In that case I'm afraid I may have some very bad news. The yet-to-be-discovered pulse overheated the bush. It burst into flames and started spewing gibberish about if we could get an extra 6 the next time we rolled the bones to consult the gods we could improve our chances for a favorable ruling by 8%. After that all we could get out of it were the cryptic letters "LTWOQ".

Palin: Well, maybe I can fix it.

God-like voice: It's dead, Jim.

Palin: Shhhhhhhhhavings! Well, it was a pain in the ass to carry around anyway, and it still hasn't got my name right. Give me what ya got.

[Cleese goes into the shop area. There is a crash. Cleese returns carrying a planter pot of ashes, two tablets, and a bag.]

Palin: I thought you said the whatever-it-will-be occurred on the fourth page.

Cleese: It did. The third page was still a little warm. I put the shards in the bag.

Palin: Maybe Spock can get something with a mind meld. Beam me up, Scotty.

3. James Hall, May 18, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

o_O:eek:

4. basicstrategy777, May 18, 2018

basicstrategy777

This is funny......when I read your post, the very first thing that came to mind was Disabilty Income.

yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.