Open Season on Trump......

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. basicstrategy777, Feb 8, 2016

basicstrategy777

2. KokomoJoe4, Feb 8, 2016

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

I am still amused/bewildered by Obama's appearances shortly after the November 2008 election results were in.

The guy standing at a podium adorned with "Office of the President-elect". Had never seen this sort of useful information before, and won't see it again until Nov 2028 when Hillary will have it put up just before Nurse Ratchet starts distributing medication to all the patients.

3. TDVegas, Feb 8, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

It will be interesting to see if the pollsters screwed up this one too. Trump had a double digit lead in NH. Will it hold?

4. basicstrategy777, Feb 8, 2016

basicstrategy777

It will hold. Trust me.

This isn't Iowa; cross voting allowed. He'll romp.

1 March, with 14 states voting , will tell the tale.

5. badddoin, Feb 8, 2016

badddoin

badddoin Member

I hope Trump DOES get the nomination. Either Democratic canditate will mop the floor with him. That's assuming Bloomberg keeps his ass out of it.

I've met several Republicsns who have told me they wouldn't be able to bring themselves to vote for Trump.

Carson MIGHT have got me to cross the party line, but, unfortunately for the Republicans, he just doesn't have the personality for national politics.

Grizzoola likes this.
  6. badddoin, Feb 8, 2016

badddoin

badddoin Member

Anybody remember the first question of the first Republican debate in 2012? It was something like,"Would you support a comprimise deal that included one dollar tax increase for every ten dollars in spending cuts?"

There was 10 candidates if I remember correctly. Every single one of them said no. I've never understood why the second question wasn't, "Would somebody bring in the next 10 idiots?"

7. badddoin, Feb 8, 2016

badddoin

badddoin Member

Republicans don't want to govern. They want to grandstand, and peddle fear to the less informed.
    The want to tell you that, because some towel-head killed a dozen or so people in CA that we're all unsafe, but they don't bother to mention that 36 (on average) people get murdered in this country everyday.

They want to dwell on Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Emails over and over again, in hopes that it will defract from the absolute fact that they have no policies, other than to insure that the wealthiest people in America can continue to exploit the working class.

Grizzoola likes this.
  8. Settingcanthurt, Feb 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

That's not all you don't understand.

By the time it's explained to where you will understand the election's over.

9. Settingcanthurt, Feb 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Really well washed brain ya got's there Hoss. Obama Voter?? Bush hater??
    Called Bush Derangement syndrome. Afflicted by CNN, MSNBC, SNL, Comedy Channel, Main stream media's constant barage of lies.
    Ya know they did find WMD in Iraq when we went after em. The story was squashed. I bet you think Bush was responsible for Katrina don't you.
    AAANNNDDD William Jefferson Clinton was a great President. He is a sexual preditor who should be in jail for rape. His wife is a traitor and you are a idiot.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    basicstrategy777 likes this.
  10. Settingcanthurt, Feb 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

11. KokomoJoe4, Feb 8, 2016

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Really? Those two dinosaurs? I don't think they would even beat the floor Badddoin.

Everyone in the Republican field will make those two sound and look like an idiot, even Rubio, a man without a bit of experience.

On the economy, it comes down to reduce taxes so that enterprise can flourish vs. raise taxes because the rich are evil and the teachers and the free-loaders need some graft

On foreign affairs and the military, 85% of the population knows the GOP supports militarization and the thought of speaking softly and carrying a big stick. To the jackasses, it's the ONLY place they are willing to trim the budget.

On the social background, Reps speak of the Christian tradition while the Dems feel it's OK as long as it's not referred to - better to keep it out of the conversation, and if necessary, criticize those who want religious references in conversation.

This election won't be as dramatic as Reagan/Mondale, but it ain't gonna be close.

12. Settingcanthurt, Feb 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Worse then that, here in the Twin Cities Somalis have a 503c and asking for money to teach their young to not be terrorists.
    I am not kidding. Liberalism run amok. State surplus is going to allocate 2 million. There is already a $250000 approved not handed out yet.
    Ya cant make this stuff up.

13. badddoin, Feb 8, 2016

badddoin

badddoin Member

Oh yeah. The economy. Trickle down economics. Great stuff. Lower the taxes on businesses, and they'll pass that surplus on to the working class. Only problem with that is it just don't work. Remember, we've tried it before. What always happens is the middle class just gets a little porer, and the wealthy just get a little wealthier.

As far as me, personally: I work 14 hours a day, seven days a week, with 4 days off a month and make about fifty grand for it. I guess I'll have to skip those 4 days a month off, less I be one of those slackers you talk about.

The military? Are you serious? We spend more on our military than the next 10, yes count 'em, 10 countries COMBINED. Yes, I think we can trim
    some fat from there, and still have a sufficiant military.

The last time we had a budget surplus, the moron at the helm "returned it to the American people." Remember the six hundred dollar check from our friends at the IRS? Then he inplemented the "Bush era tax cuts," mostly aimed at the weathiest Americans, and the debt just kept on growing. Brilliant!
    What you say? You want more of that? How strong was our economy at the end of that genius' reign? As for me personally, I wouldn't know, because I lost my job, and wasn't participating in it. I did, however, have plenty of time to watch the news, and the prevailing topic seemed to be global economic meltdown. Maybe that time was better on you. If so, good on you.

The absolute brilliance of that economic ideal, IMO, is how the GOP has been able to convince people of my socioeconomic group that they're part of the weathy class. Incredible.

I happen to be sitting in front of a TV that had Fox News on when the December (I think) jobs numbers were released. They - whoever they are - were expecting around 200 thousand new jobs to be created. Well, it turned out to be 269 thousand new jobs. The way the anchor reported it, you'd think somebody died. He first mentioned the unemployment "held on" at 5 percent, and that was on the screen
    for about five seconds, I'd say. Then he imediately started talking about the "real" unemployment number of 9.9 percent, and that stayed on the screen for the rest of the report. He never once mentioned the jobs number. His co-anchor did - one time. They take a good piece of economic data and spend five minutes talking about how bad the economy is.

Jacob and Grizzoola like this.
  14. badddoin, Feb 8, 2016

badddoin

badddoin Member

*AN* idiot to you, thank you.

15. Grizzoola, Feb 8, 2016

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Keep on keeping on, badddoin. You're doing a better job of it than I can. These people are so into their ideology (read Fox News, Limbaugh, et al.) that they can't see the forest for the trees, the trees being historical facts.

16. badddoin, Feb 8, 2016

badddoin

badddoin Member

Sorry, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to deliver 13,000 empty, plastic, one-gallon paint cans to Andover, MA, in a blizzard, so my boss can get a little weathier.

17. Grizzoola, Feb 8, 2016

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Hillary will castrate the b****ard in a debate. Mark my words.

18. Grizzoola, Feb 8, 2016

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Be safe.

19. Settingcanthurt, Feb 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

You can bring all your BS you want but it wont stop Hillary from being prosecuted. With any luck she will take the Kenyan with her.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...on-lynch-to-step-aside-in-clinton-email-probe

Loretta Lynch is on the edge of the spotlight, about to be dragged to the center.

If the FBI finds sufficient evidence to launch a criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton or one of her top aides for mishandling classified information, Lynch’s Justice Department will have to decide whether to press ahead.

Even if no evidence of wrongdoing is found, Clinton’s many critics are unlikely to take the word of an appointee of President Obama’s and will doubt that justice has been served.

Already, top Republicans are calling for a special prosecutor to be brought in and evaluate the situation.

No. 2 Senate Republican John Cornyn (Texas) took to the floor of the Senate last week to call for a special counsel to be appointed “because of the conflict of interest by asking Attorney General Lynch to investigate and perhaps even prosecute somebody in the Obama administration.”

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) agrees that Lynch ought to consider a special counsel, a representative said, to reassure the country that decisions are made “without regard to any political considerations.”
    The Justice Department, however, has so far declined the request.

“This matter is being reviewed by career attorneys and investigators and does not meet the criteria for the appointment of a special prosecutor,” department spokeswoman Melanie Newman said in a statement.

Federal officials are currently investigating the security of Clinton’s bespoke email arrangement and whether classified information may have been mishandled.

Critics of Clinton have called for indictments to be handed down following revelations that more than 1,500 classified emails — including 22 classified at the highest level — were found on her personal server. None of the messages were marked as classified, and accounts differ as to whether they should have been classified at the time they were sent.

During a Democratic presidential debate last week, Clinton insisted that she was “100 percent confident” that the FBI’s review will not evolve into a criminal matter.

Instead, she and other Democrats have decried the criticism about the emails as simple political gamesmanship designed to drag down her presidential campaign.

“I think the American people will know it’s an absurdity, and I have absolutely no concerns about it whatsoever,” said Clinton.

Lynch’s critics are unconvinced that the attorney general can be a neutral arbiter.

“I think they probably won’t indict her, because the attorney general is from New York, who I believe is a friend of Hillary Clinton,” Donald Trump, a leading Republican presidential candidate, said on Fox News’s “Fox and Friends” in October.

Skeptics of Lynch have also pointed to an October interview in which President Obama appeared to dismiss concerns about Clinton’s private server.

“I can tell you that this is not a situation in which America's national security was endangered,” Obama said on CBS’s “60 Minutes.”

“It might appear that he’s trying to influence the conduct of the investigation,” Cornyn said on the Senate floor this week. “That’s a real problem.”
    (more)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  20. Settingcanthurt, Feb 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

No close ties

Lynch and Clinton never had much of a personal relationship, former colleagues told The Hill in recent days.

“I’m not aware of any relationship with Hillary Clinton,” said Steven Edwards, who worked alongside Lynch for nearly a decade at the law firm Hogan Lovells (the firm was previously called Hogan & Hartson when Lynch joined it in 2001).

Lynch was appointed to be the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York in 1999 by President Bill Clinton, Hillary’s husband.

However, she was personally recommended for the position by Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), and one government official said Clinton himself had a relatively minor role in the selection process.

For a period of months, she also worked as the district’s top prosecutor while Hillary Clinton was serving as the junior senator from New York, until Lynch left for private practice in 2001.

Lynch would return to become the U.S. attorney in 2010, before she was tapped to be the nation’s top law enforcement official last year.

But unlike some U.S. attorneys — such as former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani or Preet Bharara, the current U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York — Lynch never appeared to glad-hand with politicians, former colleagues say.

“I worked with her very closely and you know, I’ve got lots of partners who, when we chitchat, talk about their involvement in political campaigns or their lunches with people in Washington,” said Dennis Tracey, a partner at Hogan Lovells who worked with Lynch. “But she never did.”

“If Rudy is at one end of the spectrum, Loretta is at the other one, in terms of being political,” echoed Edwards, who is now at Quinn Emanuel. “She is a very, very cautious person and doesn’t operate that way.”

Lynch’s own future

Lingering in the background is the prospect that Lynch’s decision may affect her own future.

Lynch was confirmed by the Senate last year after a five-month delay largely unrelated to her own qualifications. That left the nation’s top lawyer with just a year and a half in office, during Obama’s lame duck period in which policy efforts are likely to stall.

If Clinton becomes the next president, however, Lynch may be asked to stay on, at least for a short time. As such, she may have a little bit of skin in the game.

“That Hillary Clinton could be the Democrat nominee and potential next president represents an extraordinary circumstance that commends the appointment of a special counsel,” said Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.), the head of the House Oversight subcommittee on national security, in a statement to The Hill. “For a Democrat-appointed attorney general such as Lynch, this is obviously something that distinguishes the Clinton investigation from other cases.”

Along with 43 other Republicans, DeSantis wrote a letter to the Justice Department last year asking for a special counsel to be appointed so that the investigation can be conducted “impartially.”

Former colleagues of Lynch rejected the notion that she would be biased in the Clinton probe.

“I cannot imagine allowing any personal relationship to affect her work. It’s just not the way she is,” said Tracey.

Special prosecutor

So far, the Justice Department has declined congressional requests to appoint a special prosecutor to oversee the Clinton issue.

In a letter to DeSantis in November, assistant attorney general Peter Kadzik said that the law allowing for a special counsel “has rarely been used.”

“Any investigation related to this referral [into Clinton’s server] will be conducted by law enforcement professionals and career attorneys in accordance with established department policies and procedures designed to ensure the integrity of all ongoing investigations,” Kadzik wrote.

The FBI has refused to share details about its investigation. So far, however, the bureau does not appear to be conducting a criminal probe, and officials have said it is not directly targeting Clinton.

Multiple lawyers watching the case have suggested that Clinton’s top aides may be in more trouble than she is.

As one former senior Justice Department official noted, there are many options for the government to take apart from either nothing or an indictment against Clinton.

“It could play out with people agreeing to plead to … a misdemeanor charge, people agreeing to leave office or withdraw in return for a pardon,” the former official said.

“I think ultimately, one of those events is going to happen,” the former official added.

“It’s not going to be forgotten about.”

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...on-lynch-to-step-aside-in-clinton-email-probe