Open Season on Trump......

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Grizzoola, Jan 8, 2016

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Um, the Great Depression and the Great Recession?

2. Settingcanthurt, Jan 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Where a I railing??? I just am bring to you factual record. You are brainwashed.

3. Settingcanthurt, Jan 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Actually Grizz you do bring up a point. But without the regulation it would not have happened.

But this is peanuts compared to what the Fed has done the last 7 years. Borrowing from china paying only part of the interest with bonds valued only because we buy the bonds with tax dollars. Quantitative Easing Strictly a government product built on future generations tax payments.

Published in the September 2008 issue of Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law. Copyright ALEXeSOLUTIONS, INC.

Credit default swaps (CDS) are a segment of the credit derivative market, which includes other derivative products such as interest rate swaps and foreign exchange swaps. The credit derivative market, including CDS, is an unregulated market. CDS have become the largest component of the credit derivative market as CDS have moved from a form of protection to speculation.

Definition

Credit Default Swaps (CDS) are a private contract between two parties in which the buyer of protection agrees to pay premiums to a seller of protection over a set period of time, the most common period being five years. In return, the seller of protection agrees to pay the buyer an amount of loss created by a "credit event" related to an underlying credit asset (loan or bond) - the most common events are bankruptcy, restructuring or default. Each individual contract lays out the specific terms of their agreement including identifying the underlying asset (loan or bond) and what constitutes a credit event.

The following diagram illustrates how CDS were originally designed to function:

Protection Buyer Protection Seller
    Tends to own underlying credit assets [​IMG] Does not usually own underlying credit asset
    Purchasing credit protection [​IMG] Selling credit protection
    Short-selling credit exposure Long credit exposure
    Even though CDS appear to be similar to insurance, it is not a form of insurance. Rather it is an investment (more akin to an option) that "bets" on whether a "credit event" will or will not occur. CDS do not have the same form of underwriting and actuarial analysis as a typical insurance product rather is based on an analysis of the financial strength of the entity issuing the underlying credit asset (loan or bond). There are no regulatory capital requirements for the seller of protection (such as exists with insurance companies and banks).

CDS are not regulated and are "sold" through "brokered" arrangements. Initially, commercial banks were the "broker" that put together the two sides of the CDS contract. However, investment banks became very involved in "brokering" the CDS contracts for corporate bonds, municipal bonds and, later, structured investment vehicles.

History

Credit Default Swaps (CDS) were originally created in the mid-1990s as a means to transfer credit exposure for commercial loans and to free up regulatory capital in commercial banks. By entering into CDS, a commercial bank shifted the risk of default to a third-party and this shifted risk did not count against their regulatory capital requirements.

http://www.robinskaplan.com/resources/articles/credit-default-swaps-from-protection-to-speculation

4. Settingcanthurt, Jan 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Thats not a example. i dont think you understand what you believe. You should have paid attention.

5. Settingcanthurt, Jan 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

WHAT WAR ON GOVERNMENT??? You are talking BS. Government programs that helped people?? WHAT PROGRAMS????? Programs that built the middle class??? BBWWWWAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

6. Settingcanthurt, Jan 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Wish you were President instead of the "Senior Lecturer"

7. Onautopilot, Jan 8, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

There are many people that could run this country, and run it right....unfortunately, none of them are interested in the "job"! And, many of those presently seeking that job, probably reached their level of incompetence, somewhere around grade school! A little sad...................

8. Settingcanthurt, Jan 8, 2016

Settingcanthurt

I spent entirely too much time chasing tail in my youth and then started a family. I supported my family working a real job for wages and security for 30 years. Would loved to have been in academia but I don't think my views today would be much different. Some people are easily hypnotized. I do not see how.

basicstrategy777 and Onautopilot like this.
  9. Settingcanthurt, Jan 10, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Just found this....

[​IMG] Share | Twitter

| Facebook

| [​IMG] 434 Comments | Email

January 10, 2016
    Here's what 'constitutional scholar' Obama really taught at law school
    By Karin McQuillan
    Among the lies about himself Obama consistently repeats is that he was a constitutional law professor.

Lie one: Obama was never a professor; he was a lecturer. He did not have the qualifications to be a professor. Obama never published a single law paper. He was hired by the University of Chicago when they learned he had been given a book contract on race and law directly after graduating from Harvard. There was no book – just the contract, which he later reneged on. This is not the normal level of accomplishment for a University of Chicago professor or even lecturer.

Obama was not capable of writing, and eventually, after failing to deliver, he changed it to a memoir, which he also struggled with. Finally, he asked Bill Ayers to write his memoir for him, using tapes that Michelle dropped off at the Ayerses'.

Lie two: Obama did not specialize in the Constitution. Obama cared about and taught only one subject: race. One course was about race in the Constitution. It is on this flimsy basis that he attempts to pawn himself off as a constitutional scholar.

As the New York Times explains, Obama the lecturer taught three subjects only: "race, rights and gender."

His most traditional course was in the due process and equal protection areas of constitutional law. His voting rights class traced the evolution of election law, from the disenfranchisement of blacks to contemporary debates over districting and campaign finance. …His most original course, a historical and political seminar as much as a legal one, was on racism and law…

[In] one class on race, he imitated the way clueless white people talked. "Why are your friends at the housing projects shooting each other?" he asked in a mock-innocent voice. ...

Mr. Obama was especially eager for his charges to understand the horrors of the past, students say. He assigned a 1919 catalog of lynching victims, including some who were first raped or stripped of their ears and fingers, others who were pregnant or lynched with their children, and some whose charred bodies were sold off, bone fragment by bone fragment, to gawkers. … "Are there legal remedies that alleviate not just existing racism, but racism from the past?" Adam Gross, now a public interest lawyer in Chicago, wrote in his class notes in April 1994.

In what even some fans saw as self-absorption, Mr. Obama's hypothetical cases occasionally featured himself. "Take Barack Obama, there's a good-looking guy," he would introduce a twisty legal case.

Liberals flocked to his classes[.] … After all, the professor was a progressive politician[.]

Lie three: Obama calls himself a constitutional law prof to imply that he loves the Constitution. Obama gives the lie to this himself. He is on record – literally, a radio interview done when he was a lecturer – slamming the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution because they never tried to invent a right to "redistribute wealth" – a failing he describes as a "tragedy of the civil rights movement." Obama laments the constraints on government power (what we would call liberty) imposed by our Constitution. Obama himself contrasts following the Constitution with being a community organizer, creating "coalitions of power," which could "redistribute wealth" and create "economic justice."

Among the lies about himself Obama consistently repeats is that he was a constitutional law professor.

Lie one: Obama was never a professor; he was a lecturer. He did not have the qualifications to be a professor. Obama never published a single law paper. He was hired by the University of Chicago when they learned he had been given a book contract on race and law directly after graduating from Harvard. There was no book – just the contract, which he later reneged on. This is not the normal level of accomplishment for a University of Chicago professor or even lecturer.

Obama was not capable of writing, and eventually, after failing to deliver, he changed it to a memoir, which he also struggled with. Finally, he asked Bill Ayers to write his memoir for him, using tapes that Michelle dropped off at the Ayerses'.

Lie two: Obama did not specialize in the Constitution. Obama cared about and taught only one subject: race. One course was about race in the Constitution. It is on this flimsy basis that he attempts to pawn himself off as a constitutional scholar.

As the New York Times explains, Obama the lecturer taught three subjects only: "race, rights and gender."

His most traditional course was in the due process and equal protection areas of constitutional law. His voting rights class traced the evolution of election law, from the disenfranchisement of blacks to contemporary debates over districting and campaign finance. …His most original course, a historical and political seminar as much as a legal one, was on racism and law…

[In] one class on race, he imitated the way clueless white people talked. "Why are your friends at the housing projects shooting each other?" he asked in a mock-innocent voice. ...

Mr. Obama was especially eager for his charges to understand the horrors of the past, students say. He assigned a 1919 catalog of lynching victims, including some who were first raped or stripped of their ears and fingers, others who were pregnant or lynched with their children, and some whose charred bodies were sold off, bone fragment by bone fragment, to gawkers. … "Are there legal remedies that alleviate not just existing racism, but racism from the past?" Adam Gross, now a public interest lawyer in Chicago, wrote in his class notes in April 1994.

In what even some fans saw as self-absorption, Mr. Obama's hypothetical cases occasionally featured himself. "Take Barack Obama, there's a good-looking guy," he would introduce a twisty legal case.

Liberals flocked to his classes[.] … After all, the professor was a progressive politician[.]

Lie three: Obama calls himself a constitutional law prof to imply that he loves the Constitution. Obama gives the lie to this himself. He is on record – literally, a radio interview done when he was a lecturer – slamming the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution because they never tried to invent a right to "redistribute wealth" – a failing he describes as a "tragedy of the civil rights movement." Obama laments the constraints on government power (what we would call liberty) imposed by our Constitution. Obama himself contrasts following the Constitution with being a community organizer, creating "coalitions of power," which could "redistribute wealth" and create "economic justice."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...eally_taught_at_law_school.html#ixzz3wsYBau5t
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

basicstrategy777 likes this.
  10. basicstrategy777, Jan 10, 2016

basicstrategy777

11. basicstrategy777, Jan 13, 2016

basicstrategy777

12. Bases loaded, Jan 13, 2016

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

My trip west 2 years ago was by car and we went thru South Dakota so we could visit Mount Rushmore. Fantastic! It could never be done again, even though we have better technology. Took 14 years to complete. Workers were punching holes in the pneumatic hoses to 'air condition' themselves. Lots of other unique stuff at the site.

We have so many beautiful, amazing things to see in the U.S. of A., I'm working hard to get to everything.

13. Settingcanthurt, Jan 13, 2016

Settingcanthurt

Well there was one but like all they do It's a pile of rubble. You can see it there beneath the cliffs.

14. TDVegas, Jan 13, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

It's definitely a sight to behold. Mount Rushmore, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon were 3 times I was held in awe on first sight.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  15. Onautopilot, Jan 13, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I think the Grand Canyon was the one that had me clapping, "Author, Author!", more so than the other ones. Standing at the edge of the Canyon, I was just a tiny speck on the landscape, gives you some perspective I think.

I also had the ride of my life when I was in the back seat of a navy jet, and the pilot gave me a tour of the Canyon...below the rim! Against FAA rules and regs., but I don't think anyone got our license number. :)

16. basicstrategy777, Jan 20, 2016

basicstrategy777

She's for TRUMP:

[​IMG]

17. KokomoJoe4, Jan 28, 2016

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

I think that the Donald has made a mistake: (1) attacking Megan Kelly just because she ripped on him in a previous debate over his callousness when discussing women, and (2) by not showing for tonight's debate.

Maybe my guy Ben will put on the gloves today, at least I hope he does

18. basicstrategy777, Jan 28, 2016

basicstrategy777

You might be right......and you might be wrong.

He is a counterpuncher....he is consistent in what he does.

If he draws a line in the sand....if you cross it you will be hit with both barrels.

It's good to know where you stand. With him, you know.

I think Carson is a good man.

19. Settingcanthurt, Jan 28, 2016

Settingcanthurt

It's much bigger than what we see. Beneath the surface you have Rupert Murdock, born in Austrailia sitting as co-chair on the open borders committee here in the U.S. Trumph is for closing the borders and he knows what Murdoc is up to.
    "Rupert Murdoch serves as the co-chair of the Partnership for a New American Economy (PNAE)—arguably one of the most powerful immigration lobbying firms in the country."
    No news organization will cover this.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/27/foxs-rupert-murdoch-endorsed-obamatrade/

20. basicstrategy777, Jan 28, 2016

basicstrategy777

The way I see it, you need to blow everything up and start anew. Little alterations here and there will fix nothing and essentially will be business as usual.

I'm looking for the person with the biggest stick of dynomite....and I think I've found him. If he has the balls to light the fuse, I will die a happy man.