Ok, how bad did I miss it, and how would you have handled it?

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by cmonhard8, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Liman

Liman Member

he cant seem to distinguish between opinion and fact.

and he believes his opinion is the only one that counts

2. DeMango, Mar 29, 2018

DeMango

DeMango Member

The only talent he has is trolling. But you all just keep taking the bait and answering. You do know the definition of insanity, right? Feeding the troll over and over again, and expecting different results.

3. Mssthis1, Mar 29, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

Yep: Remember this. For every 4 times you see the 5 or 9 go on a heater like that the 6 or 8 will do a longer heater 5 times. While it may seem like an eternity while it is happening you didn't do anything wrong and you didn't miss anything. To the contrary you may have missed that roll completely if you had been betting more numbers. After the first two times you may have quit.

HornHiYo and TDVegas like this.
  4. HornHiYo, Mar 29, 2018

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

Liman, That is definately a key tip on how to walk with a profit. Forgetting how much progressive betting is drawing from profit is often the difference between winners and losers. I’ve seen guys that left more than double their buy-in on the table. They had a helluva good high fiving game but walked loser.

5. lone irish digit, Mar 29, 2018

lone irish digit

What pisses me off more than leaving a lot of money on the table is when your out with the boys and having a good time hitting numbers when your odds bet gets in the way of your end of table Yuri toss and causes a seven out.

[​IMG]

6. The Midnight Skulker, Mar 29, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

Taj Mahal, Atlantic City, obviously a while back. When I sevened out after about a 20 minute hand the player next to me lamented, "I could have used another couple of numbers." Believing that he was being facetious I answered with something like, "Couldn't we all." He then confessed that he had made only around $50 on the hand, but I guessed he had about $1500 in action when the hammer fell. My point is that if I had thrown a couple more numbers, and he had then stopped pressing to the max -- he was trying to recoup previous losses all at once -- he would have been a happy camper and might well have boasted of timing a hot roll perfectly, but he came up short that time and ended up with virtually nothing.

The trick is to adopt a strategy that produces a greater thrill of victory (i.e. satisfaction with locked up profits) than the inevitable agony of defeat (i.e. sorrow at seeing your action disappear). The balance is unique to each player.

7. DeMango, Mar 29, 2018

DeMango

DeMango Member

So besides lid, Barney and Snakeeyes, who are the two other miscreants photo shopped into that dice table picture??

8. HornHiYo, Mar 29, 2018

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

Yeah it is definitely a game of different strokes for different folks. I’m a huge fan of greater thrill of victory. I am an aggressive bettor after recouping my initial bet(s) and have been fortunate to hit table max bets a time or two. I adopted that lock approach after realizing some of my losses were the result of more on the felt than what was in my rack.
    So now I like to have a profit in the rack at least equal to what is on the felt and I increase it before I do another press. But I still find it a challenge to risk an amount equal to several buy-ins. I’m always tempted to regress them but I guess that’s what makes it exciting for me; locked profit, with lots at risk that could bring lots more in. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. basicstrategy777, Mar 30, 2018

basicstrategy777

At the circus, the guy on the high wire without a net will get the loudest applause...a great thrill for the guy on the wire and those watching.

The wire walker that uses a net, is hedging his bet....not as great a reward from those watching nor the wire-walker.

We are all different on how we walk the wire......

HornHiYo likes this.
  10. lone irish digit, Mar 30, 2018

lone irish digit

This is Barney,

You are gravely mistaken. The Snakeeyes is not in picture. Only LID, Dan Mahoney, OAP, myself, and some fine unknown gentleman trying to trade his bestest Trinity craps plan for LIDs DI goat coat are in picture. What is this photo shop think you are talking about?

Thank you very much

11. cmonhard8, Mar 30, 2018

cmonhard8

cmonhard8 Member

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”

Not sure if that saying has anything to do with craps, but I like it......

Good info guys......Now if only I could count on those types of rolls on every trip.....

In fact, that was my follow up....After you have had a roll like this yourself, or been apart of it with someone else rolling, how hard is it to stay disciplined on the NEXT few trips, knowing the odds are against anyone throwing for 20 minutes or longer?
    In other words, let's say on my next trip, I immediately roll a few 5's right off the bat...What would be your thought process at that point? Would you TEND to be more aggressive on the 5 this time, knowing what happened LAST time? Or would you just chalk it up to coincidence and KEEP your system?

12. HornHiYo, Mar 30, 2018

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

I see each game and even each hand as new and unrelated to past games or hands. On every new hand I wait to recoup what I have on the felt and only then begin pressing and taking. Sometimes it’s a long wait before a hand produces profit.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  13. Freddyy, Mar 30, 2018

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

You can’t use the past to judge a future hand. You need to practice a system that grow a progressive profit and make sure you are confident enough to stick to the plan.

You never know what’s coming next...but you don’t want to miss out on say 9 repeater on the same box. So make sure you plan a way to cover it in your system.
    I start with 2 boxes, but on a good hand I will end up covering 5-6 out of profits.

You don’t like to take a 10...but if it comes up two times and I’m in profits. I’ll drop a min bet and progress it!

The Midnight Skulker likes this.
  14. basicstrategy777, Mar 31, 2018

basicstrategy777

If the math/probability holds....the only way to make money in this game is to bet up a streak........of course, you could stick to your system.

What's the best and worse that can happen in either case ?

15. Mssthis1, Mar 31, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

Nice to see you're an action player! The almost daily posts on facebook bragging about huge rolls while in the backround of the picture you see $60 at most in action on the layout are getting a little boring.

random_roller likes this.