Nice Beginner Craps Layout...

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by SevenOut, Oct 21, 2016.

1. SevenOut, Oct 21, 2016

SevenOut

SevenOut Member

Las Vegas Craigslist... under Collectables. $40

Search: Craps

This is the important part of a Craps Layout for beginners. Dish washer safe. From the looks of it, never used. Maybe can be used as a cutting board to cut up Chicken parts and pieces... those playing Doey Don't Craps.

Attached Files:

2. wonko33, Oct 25, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

my wife learned a lot about the layout, payouts etc using "Aw Craps!" app on IOS too- it is good to calculate in your head how much you should get paid before looking down at payout. She's still very intimidated to play at a live table even though I think she would do fine if she kept it simple

TDVegas and basicstrategy777 like this.
  3. TDVegas, Oct 25, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

In reality it's a relatively simple game to learn and play. The felt looks intimidating...but actually isn't. I can understand why people are reluctant, though. As you said, keep it simple.

4. wonko33, Oct 25, 2016

wonko33

wonko33 Member

I haven't had the chance to go where they have them but it seems like the Bubble is more complicated for a neophyte than a live table.

On top of the rules you have to learn the interface where at a live time there are only a few bets you make yourself and just ask the dealer for the rest

At the bubble you don't get the pressure of other players though, if you are too slow you just miss a roll

5. TDVegas, Oct 25, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Yes, there are some nuances to the bubble..taking down bets, reducing bets, opening up betting windows, canceling bets, changing chip amounts---there is some learning but it's a relatively short learning curve. If you miss the bet...no big deal.

I see a lot of women playing bubble craps as opposed to the tables where it's mainly a male crowd.

I have no issue if someone asks me either. I'll always help out. Then only thing I won't do is when someone asks me "how do you play this game"?....

I basically tell them it's too complicated for me to explain here and now. Best bet is to read about it first...but I'll always help someone navigate the betting screen.