Newbies... Play to LOSE for a change

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by SevenOut, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Freddyy, Jun 24, 2017

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

A good strategy will always lose to a simulation.

A good strategy targets the variance, not the long run.

How you will manage your play will make you a winner or a loser, not the strategy!

Best strategy, cut when you lose, press when you win.

KokomoJoe4 likes this.
  2. TDVegas, Jun 24, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

You can't "target" variance...unless you know beforehand what numbers are coming.

Variance will happen...being on those numbers that are hitting is the tricky part.

If I could predict or know....I certainly would not be in here right now sipping coffee.

Yesterday was one of those days...everytime I pressed...7.

I would have been better off sticking with the straight strategy. Obviously there will be times the press works. Sometimes not. The idea still holds true. Bet more, expect to lose more.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Onautopilot likes this.
  3. TDVegas, Jun 24, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

And quite honestly it does not matter....long session or short session. Your short sessions are simply "breaks" from a longer session. The odds don't change. The odds don't favor you. You are still being short changed on every winning bet and losing all of a losing bet.

You playing for 20 minutes...stopping for 4 hours. Playing for 20 minutes....stopping for 4 hours. Playing again for 20 minutes and then going home is the SAME as me playing for one straight hour and going home.

The only issue is the money put at risk for your three 20 minute sessions vs. my hour long session. If the overall money risked is the same...the expectation is the same.

You can't target "pockets" of variance....UNLESS you know what numbers are coming. If you can do that you can do it for three 20 minute sessions OR 1 long hour session.

Spike8850 and Onautopilot like this.
  4. basicstrategy777, Jun 24, 2017

basicstrategy777

Odds may stay the same.....but "things" change.

You either walk into something good or bad....or you sense good or bad is coming or leaving when you are at the table. The question is....do you act on it or at the end do you say " I had my TUMA" .

This is the non-math part of the game and is the only thing that can put you over the top. Without 'the voices' you are solely at the mercy of the math and randomness, and you know that is a loser, over time.

5. Twelve4s, Jun 24, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I'm not throwing money away on DI classes, but where can I sign up for these VOICE classes? I bet CBK knows.

6. basicstrategy777, Jun 24, 2017

basicstrategy777

I'm
    I'm confident he could give a nice dissertation on that.

For some reason....some have it to a greater degree than others i.e. the ability.

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  7. lone irish digit, Jun 24, 2017

lone irish digit

Back in the day these people could be found in the mental asylums. I guess now days they populate craps tables.

Onautopilot likes this.
  8. Twelve4s, Jun 24, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I believe that some individuals are better at tuning out the background noises, allowing them to focus better on the Voices.

9. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

I think FredP falls somewhere in the moron range, to be fair.

10. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

We do know by now, that your going to say he is.

11. Twelve4s, Jun 24, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Since you're an ET, you might not have a complete understanding of human intelligence or lack there of. Suffice it to say that FredP would not qualify as a moron. Morons do not graduate from Universities unless their wealthy parents make large donations to the school. I seem to recall that FredP has an advanced degree also. So at least by human standards, he is no moron.

FredP likes this.
  12. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

How wealthy ARE FredP's parents? No, to be truly fair, it is not intelligence,which FredP lacks.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  13. Twelve4s, Jun 24, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I haven't a clue?

14. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

I edited that post to, to be more correct.

15. TDVegas, Jun 24, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I really don't need the "voices" to warn me or cue me in as to a patch of good or bad coming...

Frankly, If the voices were credible---I would simply ask for or listen for "red or black"? Why make things difficult for him with generalizations..."pattern of inside"...."pattern of outside"....."horns mixed with field"..."not going to be a good stretch of variance"...etc, etc.

Red or black Mr. Voice!...?
    Stop confusing me.

Mr. Voice doesn't like being so direct, eh?

Onautopilot likes this.
  16. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

We got one that says he can, and nobody questions it. I do.

17. TDVegas, Jun 24, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

There's nothing wrong with listening to the voices....

I'm not so sure there is anything right with it either.

Onautopilot likes this.
  18. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

Some have it to a great degree, and do not know it. A friend of mine, is one of these people. The guy starts strobing, like a fire alarm when things are about to go bad.

19. von duck, Jun 24, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

23 people, 148 robots? What could possibly, be so interesting. Damned if I can find it. I'm starting to think I should not have used my real name, of course they still have to figure out which of the millions of VonDucks, I am?

20. The Comeback Kid, Jun 24, 2017

The Comeback Kid

Nobody needs any stinking classes. In fact, that's the problem.
    So...class dismissed.

We came into this world connected, tuned in & turned on to the right voices, but alas, the good intentioned big people got a hold of us. They took it upon themselves to beat the internal guidance out of us, from an early age. Don’t do that! Shut up & listen! I’ve been here longer – you know nothing!

Then they put us on a big yellow bus with other kids & sent us to a place, to memorize stuff of little relevance. After all, how we gonna function in a dysfunctional society if we don’t ourselves become a bit dysfunctional. We studied hard to know everything, while understanding very little. The result; we’re drowning in knowledge & starving for wisdom.

The good news is, our internal compass still exists, but takes a bit of practice to reconnect. That means un-connecting from that which disconnects & trusting the intuitive impulses, over rational knee jerk responses. The intuitive mind is the one that thrives in emotion. That’s why you’ve gotta feel your way. It’s not in the head; its in the gut.

And why would you want to? Who cares right? Because the intuitive knows where you are, what you want & how to get you there. Because it's connected to the bigger picture. Because that’s where the magic is - surprises & delights. And...they got cookies.

But you never get it perfect, because it’ ain't never done. The journey moves & you gotta move with it, which means you’re always fine tuning, getting better at letting more go & syncing up with the "bigger picture". Being a good shooter solves a ton of problems at the tables, so If you want to be a shooter, with consistently long abundant rolls - put the practice dice down & pick up a meditation practice. Seriously,15 minutes of quieting the mind daily, is all it takes to get you on the right path..Doing nothing is something. No class required.

Otherwise, the alternative is over working your approach & efforting with charts, strategies, sims & overthinking your shot with precise arc trajectories & location detectors. Forgetttaboutit! As I said...class dismissed.

This is where you walk out of Mr. Lynyrd Skynyrd’s class, grow your hair long, form a southern band & make rock history. It’s not an action-logic thingy; it’s an energy emotion thingy. So I gotta ask you, caged, or freebird?