Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by bq325is, Jan 10, 2015.

1. The Midnight Skulker, Feb 16, 2015

The Midnight Skulker

I have seen ads on TV for a service (aimed at small businesses) that will build you a web site for free and keep it up for (I think) 30 days. If you like the result you then pay a monthly fee to keep the site. Part of the service, as I understand it, is the posting of positive feedback to the site by the service provider. As The Sage of the Diamond would say, "Don't believe everything you believe."

2. TDVegas, Feb 16, 2015

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Yeah, I had never heard them before either, until I arrived here and one poster (a PhD) talked it up. I never understood it...thought maybe you had heard of it before and knew something about it.

3. KokomoJoe4, Feb 17, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

The three terms listed have NOTHING to do with dice control, influence, call it whatever you will. They are observations which can be made with respect to any/every dice set and outcome result. Whether this information is useful is up to the individual to decide.

Array residency (axial array) is simply one of six possible rotational axis arrangements of the dice as they sit, each of which can be in several alternative arrangements.

Array orientation refers to any number of permutations that exist within any of the six possible axial arrays. There are many of these, and they result in different outcome displays (points rolled).

Dice heirarchy refers to a very simple manner in which an observation of the outcome can be categorized as "safe" or "unsafe". Obviously safety depends on how one is wagering, but for the sake of simplicity it means: Is the result in a seven avoidance or seven likely array? It is heirarchial in the sense that one can identify a specific associated axial array and obviously, also the point rolled.

If one is able to see both the pre-toss arrangement (can be difficult at times) and the outcome result (usually easy once you know what to look for), one can see definitively if the shooter is on axis.

Guess what, this is not happening to any degree, certainly no more significantly than probability would dictate. This more or less "proves" (OK, let's say supports) superrick's often stated contention that dice do not stay on axis.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. KokomoJoe4, Feb 17, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

This is an excellent way to put things. My feelings exactly, but to express things qualitatively, I'm "pretty sure".