New System: 6 & 8 - 12 for 14 system

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by Craps Poopshoot, May 7, 2017.

1. betwthelines, May 13, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

we are in complete agreement...as i said in my post, as you approach retirement---10 to 15 years prior was the example i used...hinted at 20 even in a parenthetical---one should have a plan b...even a plan c as you later mentioned.

this is not correct...if you STAY IN the market for 40 years you will do well...historically it has never been otherwise...indeed the odds are better than even that you will be a multi-millionaire...

i have read several accounts whereby people of very modest means who have simply stayed the course became just that: multi-millionaires...now your market drop of 50% would certainly be a bummer to these retirees and they most likely subjectively, psychologically would be quite pissed about it but objectively from your distance you would have to admit that they are not that bad off...instead of 3 mil these modest peoples now have only 1.5.

however in the actual reality on the ground you ARE correct...the example of the multi-millionaires are extremely rare...few people have the discipline to stay the course...they are more interested in a current life-style than in a retirement that is 30 years down the road, for example...

i myself was closing in on retirement (oh, like i say, 10-12 years away) when i, regaling her with those anecdotes, tried to convince my 18 y o daughter to start now and stay the course...she did in fact make a start at it but sadly in less than a year i believe she was dippping into it...

like i said here and in the original post, agree 100%

my point was regarding your "youngsters" where in fact with the right (& rare) discipline, "plan a" is all that is needed.

lol...was just joshing ya, of course...think i'll pass on your book (tho i do already have one of yours as you may recall!)

tom p

Twelve4s likes this.
  2. Grizzoola, May 13, 2017

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Well, that's where we're headed w/ this Trump/GOP government. Undoing all the things instituted as lessons learned from past Depression/Recession experience.

Onautopilot and Twelve4s like this.
  3. betwthelines, May 13, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

rubbish

recessions, booms, busts are inherent with capitalism or any economic system for that matter...given the current level of evolution of homo sapiens anyway, they are simply impossible to prevent...such prevention likely awaits the appearance of homo deus...

"lessons learned" will not prevent a next one.

you want to politicize it, fine...there are plenty of arguments against capitalism, per se...but it is doubtful that any of the alternatives OR POLITICAL POLICIES would prevent economic downturns either...markets, black or white, and especially commodity markets, are here to stay. regardless of the economic system OR POLITICAL POLICIES.

everything is politicized and of course we must find someone to "blame" politically for the next downturn...but it is coming in any case...in general, yes, i am quite cynical and what i am saying here is, yes, cynical but that fact will not stop boom and bust. period

it all really depends upon one's philosophy...scandinavian countries routinely are at or near the top of "happiness" surveys and measurements yet over 40% of swedes live below the american poverty level as measured by things like living space and material reality...

the united states, one of if not the wealthiest of nations & in which only 13.5% live below that poverty line (2015, "official" census bureau rate)--struggles to remain in the top 20 in such "happiness" surveys.

here's one from march, 2017: except for switzerland, the top 5 were all in scandinavia...the US was 14th...the bottom 5 were all in africa, not a very happy place apparently:

tom p

Twelve4s likes this.
  4. HornHiYo, May 15, 2017

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

Your butt brother has done plenty of name calling and bashing and bullying lots of members that expressed an opinion he doesn't like or doesn't agree with. It's all about my way or the highway.

Certainly you can defend nasty people but you can't put a flower in an asshole and call it a vase.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Twelve4s likes this.
  5. tabletop123, May 15, 2017

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

I disagree! With friends you CAN!

Twelve4s likes this.
  6. betwthelines, May 28, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

--->yet another gin-soaked posting...ignoring recommended<---
    huh? you see reaching the house limit as a "problem"...lol...au contraire! now there's a "problem" that i would like to have any day!
    simple gambler's fallacy

nope...the Tough Craps player is seeking a higher limit table in order to get his next bet (might even require a round trip airline ticket...lol.)

the TC player's bet progression is RELENTLESS.

----------------------------------------------------​

he told the story a while back that if he had been at the rail during the greatest roll in history that he would have left after winning the table limit bet, thus missing out on maybe 2 to 3 hours of this monster.

OR WOULD HE HAVE? his absence might very well have changed the outcome! his leaving could very well have caused a shift in the aspect and standing position of all of the players, including grandma...she might have made nearly undetectable, casual, involuntary, exceedingly brief eye contact with the TC player, involuntarily and immeasurably setting off synapses in her brain that subtly changed the nerves in her fingers...his absence may have turned on or off the air conditioning that might affect outcomes. his leaving may have caused any number of changes that could affect outcomes.

perhaps it was his own "good luck" that started the monster in the first place thus ending when he left!

----------------------------------------------------​

the driver who after debating with himself decided to not stop and take a piss, the driver who 2 hours before decided to change lanes would not have been killed in that car crash had he made the opposite choice or for hundreds of other subtle, not-thought-about, random choices.

so a good part of life itself is random...as far as we know <sic>, all of bank craps dice results are random...and in a much more comprehensive sense than peoples realize.

tom p

"I met a gin-soaked, bar-room queen in Memphis
    She tried to take me upstairs for a ride
    She had to heave me right across her shoulder
    Cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind..."

--mick jagger, keith richards, Honky Tonk Women, 1969

Twelve4s likes this.
  7. TDVegas, May 28, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I have little doubt. The delay in paying you likely changed everything about that sequence going forward. The extra drink she took during the delay moistened her fingertips from the condensation from the glass.

You hear this complaint a lot in sports. "Had so and so not been caught trying to steal 2nd base...it would have been a 2 run HR and tied the game. Sadly, only got 1 run."

These "theories" never take into account that the pitcher served up the HR....not from the stretch but from regular wind up. Or different pitch selection. On and on. Once an event has passed...you can't re-invent what ifs.

8. Onautopilot, May 28, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Reverse causality, a fun thought game......I'm not sure anyone is devoid of it. :)