" Muslims again"

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Dave G Ct, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Dave G Ct, Dec 19, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Black3car
    I think that the CIA was brought up with a lot of subterfuge. They like to operate from behind the curtains to stir things up. Maybe the drone in the sky approach needs to be mixed with ground intelligence

2. rudeboy99, Dec 19, 2015

rudeboy99

rudeboy99 Member

Well fuck...we can't kill them all (do we even have the capabilities?)and if we attempted something similar we'd have a bunch of new enemies attacking our homeland from multiple flanks. Now hypothetically, if we could attack and defeat several middle eastern countries with questionable agendas ( Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Iraq come to mind ) secure their oil production, and transform them into...( USA territories? protectorates?) under our sphere of influence it might be a start. As far as ISIS is concerned we need to cut off their cash flow from oil sales, cripple their internet and satellite communication capabilities and probably a lot of other shit that I don't even realize exists. My man concern in the immediate future is that while the U.S. intelligence community and it's allies, along with a pretty severe slap to our Constitutional rights, a truly heroic job has been done after 9/11 to keep a huge % of like tragedies in country here to a very small number...but as US citizens become militant and dangerous like the c-sucker in San Berdoo I don't know if they can successfully fly under the radar while they acquire arms, chemical weapons, maybe a dirty bomb...fuck, who knows? I know that as soon as I can I'm going to get a conceal/carry permit, and never go unstrapped in public if I have any of my family with me....

3. basicstrategy777, Dec 20, 2015

basicstrategy777

You are responsible...YOU....to protect yourself and your family ; not the police...not the government.....YOU.

To not have a permit to carry a gun borders on being irresponsible, in todays climate.

It's ironic that dumbo-ears is reponsible for more gun sales in this country then anyone......we're at 300 million guns and counting. Towel heads are going to have a tougher and tougher time with these massacres unless they contine to hit gun free zones like cali. It would be great if they run into a group with people in the group packing and the bad guys get wiped out. Wonder what that would do to the gun control discussion.

BigBen likes this.
  4. BigBen, Dec 20, 2015

BigBen

BigBen Member

Exactly, BasicStrategy777!

I'm submitting my app. within the next 2 weeks.
    Once approved, I'm also planning on taking some in-depth training classes, along with a buddy of mine that is a competitive shooter.
    I just want to MAKE SURE that I'm totally prepared, IF the need arises where I may have to use it!

Hopefully, we'll only use 'em for paper target practice!!!

Seems that there are some very weapon-savvy people here.
    What do you all think about a Glock 42 or 43 as a Carry?
    Or a 1911? A 1911 might be too large though, no?

Naturally, getting a Concealed Carry license is very difficult where I live, but a Hunting Target Shooting is supposed to be much easier. We shall see what happens!

Thanks Fellas,
    BB

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  5. Dave G Ct, Dec 20, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Rudeboy99
    Great post
    Of course you cannot kill them all. You have to concentrate on their power base and operate globally in prosecuting this strategy. Yes cut off oil, money, and make it clear- any US citizen joining Isis loses his citinship and can never return and if caught then prosecuted.

6. basicstrategy777, Dec 20, 2015

basicstrategy777

BB......Glock is a good name. If you want a 380, such as a Glock42, I would consider the Glock 42....a Sig 238 ....or a Bersa.....note, that there are other good manufacturers.

The Bersa would be best value for money and is a good gun.

If you wanted more rounds other than the 6/7....look at the Beretta M84 ; it has a double stack mag and carry's 13 rounds. It will be a little bigger/heavier.

Understand the lighter the gun, the greater the recoil. So maybe the smallest/lightest gun would not work well for you. You want to be able to squeeze a round off and get back on target quickly; always aim for the largest body mass area.

It is said, for self defense you should always get a gun that starts with a 4.

You will get people saying the 380 is not powerful enough for self defense...others say it's shot placement and the 380 is sufficient.

The best advice I can give you is to decide the caliber you want and then try it out , by shooting, several different makes. One will feel most comfortable to you and have the features you want.

Also, ammunition is important. There is different ammunition for your weapon, some are better than others, so when you get your gun look into the types of ammunition that would suit your self-defense purpose the best. The bullet will be so many grains (weight) and be an FMJ( full metal jacket), hollow point, or something else.

So, once you decide on the weapon, make sure you put thought into the ammo.

I'm sure there are others here that can help you and give you good information.

Good luck.

OH.....and try to remember thse rules:

Rules for a Gunfight

Anonymous

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap – life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on “pucker factor” than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. “All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket.”

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don’t drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than “4”.

25. You can’t miss fast enough to win.

7. Dave G Ct, Dec 20, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Basic
    Will you comment on the Berretta 92 fx which is a standard military side arm. Retails for about $650.
    What is your take on Kumber pistols?
    Made in US also

8. basicstrategy777, Dec 20, 2015

basicstrategy777

Dave....I think you meant the 92fs.

Berreta is the oldest gun manufacturer in the world and has been around since the early 1500's ; they should know their stuff. Plus....and it's a big plus.......they are Italian.

I own a Berretta mini-cougar, 40 caliber and I like it very much. I've never owned a 92fs , so I can just go by their reputation, which is very good. I do know they are reliable and easy to break down and clean.

Kimber has been known in the past for their quality build but I am not a big fan and I've heard their quality has slipped. They are pricey. I don't own one, but I, personaly, would not buy one.

Please understand, I don't hold myself out as a gun expert, although I've been around them for quite a while.

9. BigBen, Dec 20, 2015

BigBen

BigBen Member

10. Settingcanthurt, Dec 20, 2015

Settingcanthurt

I heard they hit big in Chicago but nobody noticed....

11. Settingcanthurt, Dec 20, 2015

Settingcanthurt

Always think..... Your life will change if you use it....... But you will feel better having it.

12. BigBen, Dec 21, 2015

BigBen

BigBen Member

Absolutely!

13. wonko33, Dec 21, 2015

wonko33

wonko33 Member

Yeah that sure worked great with Al-Khaida, lost how many kids? But it was all worth it because terrorism has been stopped.

D-day stopped the Nazis, but what you described has done nothing in the past 40 years but breed more radicals.

14. KokomoJoe4, Dec 21, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Saw a story on a local TV news report coming from a Pittsburgh mosque where all the leaders were interviewed about their religion and terror.

Rightly, they did not deny this, and all those interviewed stated that theirs is a religion of peace that abhors violence and terror. They went on to state that all Muslims should speak out against those using their religion to advance terror.

As one of another faith, I could at least feel for their problem, the fact that many hate them all because of the actions of a few. Unfortunately, even "a few" amounts to tens or hundreds of millions.

I think we gotta go after the Wahabist types living in caves. Even with this approach, there will always be "collateral damages". The Shiites ruling Iran hate the Sunnis, and the radical Sunnis hate everybody. Not sure what we are going to do about Iran, but the Isis clan has to disappear.

15. Pressit, Dec 21, 2015

Pressit

Pressit Member

Yeah just like Obama said that Gitmo is used as recruiting tool for the terrorist, which is total BS, if that was true explain the terrorists attacks prior to 9-11: Explain 9-11, we didn't use Gitmo then.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2006/09/illustrated-history-of-terror-attacks.html

16. Pressit, Dec 21, 2015

Pressit

Pressit Member

In WWII the US dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan, fire bombed Tokyo, fire bombed Dresden. Several hundred of thousands of civilians were killed, which convinced the enemy the US can be more ruthless than they were and we will use all mean to WIN the war.

Today between all the handwringing, PC, excuse making, blaming America first crowd, tying the hands of our military, I'm surprised our military is doing as well as they are. War is all about killing and breaking things, always has been alway will be, and the more of them it happens to the better for us. We won both Iraq wars, we lost our way in the 2nd Iraq war after we won by nation building during a civil war. If the terrorists ever get a WMD who seriously thinks they won't use it, anyone?

17. wonko33, Dec 21, 2015

wonko33

wonko33 Member

You don't know why 9-11 occurred? How about 50 years of intrusions in Middle Eastern affairs? Extremists don't even have to lie to young Arab men to radicalize them, they can just point at some things we have done there.

Leave these people alone, that includes stop buying their oil, and funding groups that hate us. Ignore them back to the Middle Ages. See how well they fare with those radicals

No more visas (revoke the ones that are valid now) and immigration from there, no more educating them in our universities, because when we worry about them developing nuclear weapons, I'm pretty sure their scientists didn't go to Bagdad University.

Yes we need immigrants, let's just select the ones that don't include radicals amongst them.

Yes it is unfair for the honest , peace loving Middle easterners, but it is time for them to deal with their own extremists, we can't force a democracy, they have to create one.

Enough policing the world, yes we can help like we did for the first Gulf War, they invaded a foreign country, we had a huge global coalition , it was clean, goals were more clear. Then bug out. But invading countries that harbor terrorists doesn't work, we have the same issues , the only thing that changed is the name of the group.

Idk , it's not that simple, but bombing them, invading them, forcing elections on them sure has not worked.

The Midnight Skulker likes this.
  18. Pressit, Dec 21, 2015

Pressit

Pressit Member

That is what is always reported when they are confronted. How many ulamas were holding press conferences denouncing the 9-11 attack? How do they explain Muhammad's under the shadow of the sword verses, or the incest relationship, the poor treatment of women, Sharia law, There are verses (Surah) in the Quran that preach love and peace, but they are trumped by the later sections that preach death to all who do not pledge themselves to Islam.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    wonko33 likes this.
  19. wonko33, Dec 21, 2015

wonko33

wonko33 Member

That's why I just can't accept Islam as something I want where I live, I don't really care what is said in the Quran, there is pretty nasty stuff in the bible too, but I do care about the actions that are taken by their followers. It's all nice when they come out denouncing the acts after the fact but where are the denunciations and reporting of the radical recruiters by peaceful and loving Muslims?

20. Bases loaded, Dec 21, 2015

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

As said above, either we go 'all in' and end this thing or we fully retreat from the region and let the players there fight it out amongst themselves.

I have an opinion, but I don't make the decision.

These half measures we are using now will not work.

The Midnight Skulker likes this.