Music Befitting The POTUS

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Pressit, Aug 23, 2017.

1. twodicebilly, Aug 26, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

settingcanhurt

Exactly, no matter what he does the will complain and then Trump will spend the next three weeks defending himself instead of getting bills past. He cant help it...this past couple of weeks was no accident.... they attacked him to keep him off target with the legislation we need and he took the bait....

Every day the past two weeks he attacked the press and the republicans.....he never said a word about the dems, he has lost a good portion of his staff because he felt they did not make him look good enough.....

Setting....think for a second, what other types of countries have people been fired or forced to quit because they did not make the leader look good enough.....you might not like that answer

tdb

2. Settingcanthurt, Aug 26, 2017

Settingcanthurt

As you know he does not pass bills but can only influence and make suggestions as to what he wants done. Also we both know it has been not just a couple weeks but literally his entire term in office, so far, the ball has been swiped from him. It's mind bending what he has faced. He HAS to defend himself.
    Italy? England? Many other countries they are just killed. But to your point it is the result of the same exact thing he is defending himself from. A constant onslaught of UNDESERVED public media, biased hatred. Something like it has never existed before. Hell they are eating their own. Look how many conservative talking heads have rolled. But the result will not be what they want. They are losing momentum and running out of made up stuff so they are repeating everything.
    There will be a backlash from the public and the ousted talking heads have enough between them they are considering a new network. Stay tuned.
    Why do you think this is happening? Backlash.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...lows-a-standstill-dismal-august-slump-1032773

3. twodicebilly, Aug 26, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Setting

The other night in Arizona.... he had the table set, everything
    was perfect.... it was a time to talk about the agenda, use the
    size of that crowd and the support from others to move forward.......what in the hell did he do... he went back to Charlotte
    and attacked the press, read what he said and then left out the line that everyone was complaining about....

So the next day was everyone talking about the border wall.... the 15% corporate tax, health care, remodeled tax code.....

No they were talking about charlotte..... If you cheat on your wife you going to bring that up on each of your next three anniversaries?????

He cant move on.. all the consumes him is his image....

I think him and that goof ball from North Korea should go out have dinner....they are about the same.... god help us

tdb

4. basicstrategy777, Aug 27, 2017

basicstrategy777

Set

I shall refer to this post by 2db for a later date.

2db is of the Paul Ryans of the party....no help and a negative influence; they row against the President and cannot defend him and be 100% in his corner to reflect a united front. Who needs fair weather friends......Trump needs fowl weather friends.

These people that say they want him to succeed and continually piss on him are considered enemies, by me, and not to be trusted. They follow the political winds that are blowing at the time and will shift against you on a dime. When Trump pulls off legislative victories these 2 faced people will be like the moderators on CNN and MSNBC the nite that Trump won.

I hope Trump continues to give the 2db of the world and the left the collective social finger.

[​IMG]

5. twodicebilly, Aug 27, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

I don't support Ryan or MC Cain,, I don't support Collins or
    any republican that wil not now vote for the way the said they would.....that has nothing to do with the way Trump acts and
    it is my honest opinion that he will let his opinion about
    himself come before what is good for the country.

My hope is that some where there is someone that can get to him
    and change this,,, we need Trump to be Trump the president. Imagine if he attacked dems or the couple of reps that did not vote for the health bill as much as he does anyone that attacks him!!!!!!!!!

This man has a terrible image problem....during the campaign he cut down everyone.... indicated this is all easy, everything will be better..
    Well this is not like building a building,,, you cant control every part.
    He has few on his side.. and some we don't want on his side I get that.....

But 777...... when Trump was building one his buildings, if some of the
    engineers did not want it built, they could have created a number of problems..he could fire one, then another and yet another and sooner or later it would be completed. Trump only had 48 months, now he has 37.

people like mc cain, ryan and others really don't want this building
    completed...trump does...good for him...but he can not do this alone, he needs the help and good will of as many as he can get.

777 this is one building he cant build alone....you know that

tdb

6. Pressit, Aug 27, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

POTUS Trump will never get any of his ideas passed with this tits on a bull Congress. They are so fearful that he may actually drain the Swamp, the just as soon see nothing passed and America twist in the breeze.

basicstrategy777 likes this.
  7. twodicebilly, Aug 27, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Pressit

I agree and don't agree....,.in the vote on health care we had 3 republicans vote against the people...you cant blame all in congress
    because of those three....

You need to find a way to encourage the people to make it so uncomfortable for those three that one gives in....you cant do this by attacking the other 49 and then losing some of them.

Trump has done everything he can to lose the support of the people that did not like him, but were dragged along supporting him by the
    people....

You and I both know they are out to get him.....but why in the hell would any sane person make it easier for them.

If Trump had any good will I guess he could beat up on the senators and congress..... but he has none. no president in the country has less support from his own party at this point in time... everything he has done so far ( and I agree with most of it) is with a pen which can be undone in 2 weeks by the next president. We have to have laws passed and backed by the American people......to date we have none....

Every 2 years you have mid terms...right now Trump would lose the house and everything the American people voted for in 2010,2012, 2014, 2016 would have been for NOTHING...

I say again...Trumps only concern is his image.....he can do it...I know he can....but he has to want to

tdb

8. basicstrategy777, Aug 27, 2017

basicstrategy777

Point by point :

You don't support Ryan or McCain, but you act like them.

No one is going to change Trump; only Trump can change Trump. And why should he change if he is always winning. After all, he's just started and you can't say he has failed in the beginning of the first quarter.

Regarding the analogy of building a building.....the point is, he gets them built, one way or another. Just like he will get that wall built....one way or another. It WILL get done.

Trump is not a republican, he is not a democrat. The only way he could get elected is to hook up with one. Trump is a populist, appealing to the middle, Reagan democrats, working class people, moderates. His appeal is vast and under-estimated. You have no clue. What conservative apparatchiks hate about Trump—his insufficient conservatism—may be his greatest strength.

You say he has an image problem.....he has an image problem with you....not me and not with many, many millions; they LOVE his image. The primary people that hate his image are elitists and Washington insiders; the balance are never Trumpers and sway-able people. He never will have the elitists and never Trumpers.....the swayable ones ( like you ) are not that many and will flip-flop....he will probably get half. No big deal.

You are correct...he needs help. He has tried being nice and that has not worked. He will now try not being nice. If the republican leadership and senate and house do not come around and support/pass HIS agenda, he will slash and burn and destroy the republican party. He will take many of them with him. The Art of the Deal.

Good will and getting along can kiss my ass...." you want to keep your job, back me up. You doubt I can 'kill' you ? You want an enemy, you got one" .

Flake will be the first in the line of senators to taste his poisonous dart and be defeated because of Trump....others will take notice.

This whole thing is in the balance......Trump is no fool. He is rapidly learning the political game. He will use his immense personal and political power to make things happen. Do not be surprized at which way he handles this. Carrots, sticks, nuclear.

You STILL vastlly under-estimate this man and how skilled he is and how much he wants to succeed.

9. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Ok TBD lets look at the speech. Not what someone else said he said. Transcript:

TRUMP: What a crowd.

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: And just so you know from the Secret Service, there aren't too many people outside protesting, OK. That I can tell you.

(APPLAUSE)

A lot of people in here, a lot of people pouring right now. They can get them in. Whatever you can do, fire marshals, we'll appreciate it.

TRUMP: And I want to thank our great vice president, Mike Pence, for the introduction.

(APPLAUSE)

As well as my friend Dr. Ben Carson.

(APPLAUSE)

And thank you to a very, very special man, Franklin Graham, Reverend Franklin Graham, for leading us in prayer.

(APPLAUSE)

And thank you too Alveda King, the niece of the great Dr. Martin Luther King.

(APPLAUSE)

It really shows you that America is indeed a nation of faith, we know that.

(APPLAUSE)

Well, I'm thrilled to be back in Phoenix, in the great state of Arizona.

(APPLAUSE)

With so many thousands of hard-working American patriots.

You know I'd love it if the cameras could show this crowd, because it is rather incredible. It is incredible.

(APPLAUSE)

It is incredible.

As everybody here remembers, this was the scene of my first rally speech, right?

The crowds were so big, almost as big as tonight, that the people said right at the beginning, you know, there's something special happening here. And we went to center stage almost from day one in the debates. We love those debates.

(APPLAUSE)

But we went to center stage and we never left, right? All of us, we did it together.

You were there at the start. You've been there every single day since, and I will never forget. Believe me, Arizona, I will never forget.

(APPLAUSE)

And I'm here tonight to send a message: We are fully and totally committed to fighting for our agenda, and we will not stop until the job is done.

(APPLAUSE)

This evening, joined together with friends, we reaffirm our shared customs, traditions and values. We love our country. We celebrate our troops. We embrace our freedom. We respect our flag. We are proud of our history. We cherish our Constitution, including, by the way, the Second Amendment.

CROWD: USA! USA! USA!

TRUMP: We fully protect religious liberty. We believe in law and order. And we support the incredible men and of law enforcement.

(APPLAUSE)

And we pledge our allegiance to one nation under God.

(APPLAUSE)

You always understood what Washington, D.C. did not. Our movement is a movement built on love. It's love for fellow citizens. It's love for struggling Americans who've been left behind, and love for every American child who deserves a chance to have all of their dreams come true.

TRUMP: From the inner cities to the rural outposts, from the Sun Belt to the Rust Belt, from east to west and north to south, our movement is built on the conviction that every American from every background is entitled to a government that puts their needs first.

(APPLAUSE)

It is finally time to rebuild our country, to take care of our people, and to fight for the jobs our great American workers deserve, and that's what we're doing.

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: After our amazing election victory, the forgotten men and women -- remember we used to talk about the forgotten men and women before the election? Guess what? They're not forgotten...

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: ... anymore (ph), right? Anymore. No, they're not forgotten anymore folks. In fact, they're trying to figure you out. They're saying the obstructionists, how do we get them to vote for us? I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

We believe that every American has the right to live with dignity. Respect for America demands respect for all of its people. Loyalty to our nation requires loyalty to each other, We all share the same home, the same dreams and the same hopes for a better future. A wound inflicted upon one member of our community is a wound inflicted upon us all. You saw last night. You saw last night.

(((Ok TDB I do not see any off the rails yet. speedread and find it above if it exists.))))))))

(APPLAUSE)

Did anybody watch last night? Yes.

(APPLAUSE)

When one part of America hurts, we all hurt. And when one American suffers an injustice, all of America suffers together. We're all together.

It's time for us to follow the example of our brave American soldiers. And I was with a lot of them last night, Fort Myers.

(APPLAUSE)

No matter where they come from, no matter what faith they practice, they form a single unbreakable team. That's what we are. We're a team. As a nation, we're a team.

(APPLAUSE)

They're all united by their devotion to our country and to their mission. It's time for all of us to remember that we are all on the same team. We are all Americans, and we all believe right now in America first.

(APPLAUSE)

And it's happening, and it's happening fast. I see all those red hats and white hats. It's all happening very fast. It's called "Make America Great Again." You see what's going on.

(APPLAUSE)

It's coming back, very fast.

We want every child to succeed, every community to prosper and every struggling American to have a chance for a better life. What happened in Charlottesville strikes at the core of America.

And tonight, this entire arena stands united in forceful condemnation of the thugs who perpetrate hatred and violence.

(APPLAUSE)

But the very dishonest media, those people right up there with all the cameras.

(BOOING)

So the -- and I mean truly dishonest people in the media and the fake media, they make up stories. They have no sources in many cases. They say "a source says" -- there is no such thing. But they don't report the facts. Just like they don't want to report that I spoke out forcefully against hatred, bigotry and violence and strongly condemned the neo-Nazis, the White Supremacists, and the KKK.

(APPLAUSE)

I openly called for unity, healing and love, and they know it because they were all there. So what I did --

(APPLAUSE)

So what I did is I thought, I'd take just a second, and I'm really doing this more than anything else, because you know where my heart is, OK?

(APPLAUSE)

I'm really doing this to show you how damned dishonest these people are.

(BOOING)

((( Now TDB I suppose the Media is stinging a bit here so they gonna bitch more right? It gets better))))))))

So here is my first statement when I heard about Charlottesville -- and I have a home in Charlottesville, a lot of people don't know. Here's the first -- can't believe they haven't figured that one out yet. Now they know. Now they finally know. But I -- I just -- I don't want to bore you with this, but I -- it shows you how dishonest they are. And most of you know this anyway.

So here's what I said, really fast, here's what I said on Saturday: "We're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia" -- this is me speaking. We condemn in the strongest, possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence." That's me speaking on Saturday.

(APPLAUSE)

Right after the event.

(APPLAUSE)

So I'm condemning the strongest, possible terms, "egregious display," "hatred, bigotry and violence." OK, I think I can't do much better, right? OK. But they didn't want to put this on. They had it on initially, but then one day he talked (ph) -- he didn't say it fast enough. He didn't do it on time. Why did it take a day? He must be a racist. It took a day.

(BOOING)

Dishonest people. So here is -- here is me -- I hope they're showing how many people are in this room, but they won't. They don't even do that. The only time they show the crowds is when there's a disrupter or an anarchist in the room. I call them anarchists. Because, believe me, we have plenty of anarchists. They don't want to talk about the anarchists.

So this is me -- "it has no place in America." I'm talking about hatred, bigotry and violence. "It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety, security in our society, and no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time." This is me speaking.

(APPLAUSE)

Here's further. This is on Saturday, the first one. I did this three times. "We have to come together as Americans with love for the nation and true affection, really" -- and I say this so strongly -- "true affection for each other." I didn't say true affection for you and you. I said for each other, all of us. All of us. All of us.

(APPLAUSE)

But they don't report it. They don't -- they just let it go.

"Above all else, we must remember this truth, no matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country, we love our God, and we love our flag."

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: And then I went on, this is my first statement, and they said, remember they said, well, he wasn't specific enough. Why wasn't he more specific?

So in my second statement, I got really specific, and they said, why didn't he do it faster? The -- I'm telling you folks, look, look, I know these people probably better than anybody.

And a lot of people have a problem with it, because look, what happens with them, if they're doing a story about me, I know if it's honest or false.

If you're reading a story about somebody, you don't know. You assume it's honest, because it's like the failing New York Times, which is like so bad. It's so bad.

(BOOING)

Or the Washington Post, which call a lobbying tool for Amazon, OK, that's a lobbying tool for Amazon.

Or CNN, which is so bad and so pathetic, and their ratings are going down.

(BOOING)

Right?

CROWD: CNN sucks! CNN sucks! CNN sucks!

TRUMP: But all the networks -- I mean, CNN is really bad, but ABC this morning -- I don't watch it much, but I'm watching in the morning, and they have little George Stephanopoulos talking to Nikki Haley, right? Little George.

And -- and he talks about the speech I made last night, which believe it or not, got great reviews, right?

(APPLAUSE)

They had a hard time. They were having a hard time because it was with soldiers, we were somber, we were truthful, we were doing -- we were saying things -- and it really did.

So, he talked about it for like that much, then he goes, "Let's get back to Charlottesville." Charlottesville. And Nikki was great. She's doing a great job, by the way.

So now, I say we have to heal our wounds and the wounds of our country. I love the people of our country, the people, all of the people. It says I love all of the people of our country.

I didn't say I love you because you're black, or I love you because you're white, or I love you because you're from Japan, or you're from China, or you're from Kenya, or you're from Scotland or Sweden. I love all the people of our country.

(APPLAUSE)

So, I said here's my -- this is -- by the way folks, this is my exact words: "I love all the people of our country. We're going to make America great again, but we're going to make it great for all of the people of the United States of America."

(APPLAUSE)

And then they say, is he a racist? Is he a racist? Then, I did a second one. So then I did a second one.

Don't bother, it's only a single voice. And not a very powerful voice.

How did he get in here? He's supposed to be with the few people outside.

How about -- how about all week they're talking about the massive crowds that are going to be outside. Where are they? Well, it's hot out. It is hot. I think it's too warm.

You know, they show up in the helmets and the black masks, and they've got clubs and they've got everything -- Antifa!

So on August the 14th -- so that was it, and I said all people, I love all people, everything, right? Now I figure I'm going to do it again. I'll be even more specific.

So I said, based on the events that took place over the last weekend in Charlottesville, I'd like to provide the nation with an update. Because that was right after the event, the first one, right?

An update on ongoing federal response to the horrific attack and violence that was witnessed by everybody. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend's racist violence, you will be held fully accountable, justice will be delivered. That's what I said.

(APPLAUSE)

Listen to that, I said that, but they don't show that. They don't show it. They take -- they'll take one thing, like, seriously, he was late was the best thing. He was late.

So I said, to anyone who acted criminally in this weekends racists violence. OK, then I go, we must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans, right?

Then I said, racism is evil. Do they report that I said that racism is evil?

TRUMP: You know why? Because they are very dishonest people. So I said, racism is evil. Now they only choose, you know, like a half a sentence here or there and then they just go on this long rampage, or they put on these real lightweights all around a table that nobody ever heard of, and they all say what a bad guy I am.

But, I mean do you ever see anything -- and then you wonder why CNN is doing relatively poorly in the ratings. Because they're putting like seven people all negative on Trump. And they fired Jeffrey Lord, poor Jeffrey. Jeffrey Lord.

I guess he was getting a little fed up, and he was probably fighting back a little bit too hard. They said, we've better get out of here; we can't have that.

And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold true as Americans.

Now let me ask you, can it be any better than that, in all fairness?

And you know I mention that, but to the best of my knowledge when there was a big problem, Barack Obama never said it took place because of radical Islamic terrorists, he never said that, right. He doesn't have to say...

(BOOING)

You know why? Because they have a double standard. Because the media is totally dishonest, and they have a double standard. You never heard them say that. And in fact, if you use the term you'd get criticized. But with me, they wanted me to say it, and I said it. And I said it very clearly, but they refused to put it on.

"Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike the very core of America." These are my words. This was on Monday, August 14th. So you had Saturday; you had Monday. You know, I was going to do one of these every week, but you would never get it right.

"In times such as these, America has always shown its true character. Responding to hate with love, division with unity, and violence with an unwavering resolve for justice." And then I finished, I said, "We will defend or protect the sacred rights of all Americans." All is capitalized times five. Not just you. "And we will work together so that every citizen -- every citizen is free to follow their dreams and their hearts and to express the love and joy in their souls."

(APPLAUSE)

OK now, I mean -- so they were having a hard time with that one, because I said everything. I hit him with neo-Nazi. I hit them with everything. I got the white supremacists, the neo-Nazi. I got them all in there, let's say. KKK, we have KKK. I got them all. So they're having a hard time.

So what are they say, right? It should have been sooner. He's a racist. It should have been sooner, OK. So it should have been -- so then the last one, on Tuesday -- Tuesday I did another one: "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America."

(APPLAUSE)

But they also said that he must be a racist because he never mentioned the driver of the car, who is a terrible person, drove the car and he killed Heather, and it's a terrible thing. But they said I didn't mention, so these are my words. "The driver of the car is a murderer, and what he did was a horrible, inexcusable thing." They said I didn't mention it.

And then they asked me, just to finish it, they asked me, what about race relations in the United States? Now I have to say they were pretty bad under Barack Obama, that I can tell you.

But, they asked me the question. And I said, well, I think jobs can have a very big and positive impact. I think if we continue to create jobs like I've done -- over one million since I've been in office...

(APPLAUSE)

(((( TDB I suppose there may for you be something here you can call off the rails. Please point it out so we can discuss it))))))

The speech is 77 minutes long. it uis all here: http://time.com/4912055/donald-trump-phoenix-arizona-transcript/
    I invite YOU to take the time to read it as YOU are believing it missed something.

He speaks of immigration, the wall, Nafta/TPP/Trade, The economy, JOBS and digs at VA for it's low growth. he hits healthcare and the vote and promotes pro republicans to be elected, The Military & N Korea, taxes, YES Taxes and tax relief, He speaks of the country and it's people. It is all here TDB. All of it. Just read it as much as you wish but I take what is transcribed not some hating journalist opinion.

So TDB Please read and find the speech disapproving and bring it back here for discussion. I look forward to it.

Settingcanthurt

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  10. twodicebilly, Aug 27, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Setting

I assume you and he left out the part of his original
    speech that caused the problem in the first place on
    purpose...

He did not get in trouble for the part he repeated in Arizona, it was the rest of the speech where he indicated there were very good people on each side and both were responsible.

I think if he also felt that those lines were accurate we would have repeated them in Arizona.

Setting check and get back to me

tdb

11. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

That would not be true. The Media is the public face of the Dems. Individually he may occasionally speak of a elected official but honestly what good would it ever ever do???

Get real. He is after Rinos and pseudo Rinos. Fence sitters, spineless traitors.
    Virtually all Dems are under orders to do the same thing. None of them are individual thinkers.

12. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Negative. Show me.

13. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

I see what you are saying. He did not select the best words to express his thoughts.
    To me what he was referring to were who just went to see the statues stay in place. They were there. Do you have a problem with that??

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  14. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

You criticized the entire speech. Now you pivot to what he left out? You practice liberalism well my friend.
    Please pick a subject and stay on point.

15. twodicebilly, Aug 27, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Setting

I have been a life long supporter of conservative ideals and the republicans that support them.. I have written hundreds of letters, given thousands of dollars.... knocked on many many doors.

I have served the country, my dad did, my grand father did.....

The constitution that provides the frame work for us is perhaps
    the second most important document the world has ever seen.

My disappointment in Trumps ability to separate his image of himself from the goal of saving that constitution is profound....and I think the guy is sick..

Now you can hate me for that, 777 can think I am the enemy
    if that makes you feel good.......but Trump will not accomplish
    his goals or those of us unless he changes.... people like 777 that support his nonsense only encourage him from changing..

I think 30 or 40 years ago Trump could have gotten away with this
    when there were a good many more americans that believed in the constitution.....not now....the swamp as he called it is over
    half of the countries population and is 90% of the government in Washington.....

He has to bring people in, not drive them away.... every single week he has less support in the country and in Washington.

Setting... you get to 29-35% approval rates....not a single senator or congressman will go out on a limb for him...

You might say well then screw them....I say well then screw us

tdb

16. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

You may have a keener political sense then I do and may be completely right in how he can and should be behaving for that purpose. At the same time it is as true to see how the treatment he is receiving is as much a motivator for his actions.
    If you have this much experience and acted for a cause I can not see how YOU do not see that to correct his actions is easier accomplished by out right attacking the people poking sticks thru the fence.
    Call a spade a spade. Tell it like it TIS.
    No person in history has ever been treated this way for any purpose and it began long before he was elected.

Right now he is the underdog. He needs as much support as he can get to counter balance the mass hysteria pummeling his entire administration, his family, his friends, his public supporters, anyone anywhere who publicly supports him in any way.

This should scare the hell out of you.

It's wrong. It's Un-American. It's Globalism and Communism combined with useful idiots. Pursuing their goal of overthrowing your Beloved Constitution. Wake up man.

basicstrategy777 likes this.
  17. basicstrategy777, Aug 27, 2017

basicstrategy777

Set..

2db doesn't want to back Trump nor does he want anybody else to back Trump until such time as he acts Presidential ; and makes friends with his enemies and those that nip at his heels subtlly, and those that want to tear his heart out rather overtly. Extend the olive branch he says....talk nice and make nice he says.........lets all get along he says...

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=why can't we all get along jack nickolson&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=3F0B7ABA9178385350823F0B7ABA917838535082&v_t=client97_searchbox

Not acting Presidential is his main objection against Trump and his criteria for support.

He can't deny this as this sentiment is embedded in every post he has written.

Kinda sad that this is how he prioritizes things.....especially when the country is at stake.

18. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

His responses do seem to have a theme. Like many the points are ignored and or misdirected.

19. twodicebilly, Aug 27, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Well I am not your enemy, but if you feel the way you do about the guy,,,,your unlike some very fine people I know,,, and in that respect
    we are not the same.

I do see the guy as sick, I see him as being more concerned with his image than my country.

Yes I am scared....after we worked so hard in 2010, 2012, 2014 2016.. to have Trump act like he is terrible.

Setting you forget something.... if Hilary had won,,,, we would have made it just as hard for her.... those of us in the 44 states would not have supported her, there would have been countless investigations because the republicans in the senate are betting are talking than they are at doing..

Now think about this.....had the health care vote gone differently, would we have been saying the same things......if not ask yourself this..... had Trump not suggested that a veteran that got captured was not worth respecting........."would Mc Cain have voted with Trump on the health care bill????????

I don't know the answer, but imagine for a second that he would have..... whose fault was that vote...it was Trumps mouth.

tdb

20. Settingcanthurt, Aug 27, 2017

Settingcanthurt

I get that. I also know he is the President who does wish you, me the country as a whole, well.
    getting behind him is better is it not? You and your fine friends?? He is not stupid. He can be swayed. I choose, unlike with Obumma to support him.

Yes his image is extremely important to him. Why not. Again point to the source, root cause of his reactions.
    Had Hildabeast won we would not matter in any shape or form. Republicans have zero power to investigate her, today or ever. Trump is staying clear of all that.... for now.

As for trumps words of McCain he stung him hard and JMc will never forgive and forget and dame the american people he is gonna screw with Trump. Did McCain deserve the dis. I cringed as Trump did it, at the same time I wondered why?? Since then I learned what McCain did as a young officer long before he was captured. Then I learned of the USS Forrestal and McCains career before he was captured. Trump is not completely wrong.

When McCain was released I watched him come home. I heard of how long the Chinese had his butt in a sling and right then and there thought they got into his mind and it was not good.
    When he ran for election in AZ I was there and it all came back. I have never trusted the man.

When he was running against Obumma I did not like him at all and one day at one of his rallys he actually defended Obumma saying he's not that bad a guy?? I knew then and there the fix was in and McCain was part of it.
    He got Trump back as everyone's expense.