Music Befitting The POTUS

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Pressit, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Pressit, Aug 23, 2017

Pressit

Pressit Member

I like "Hail to the Chief", but this sends a different message. Richard Wagner's, "The Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla".

2. basicstrategy777, Aug 23, 2017

basicstrategy777

That's good , but one of my favorite songs is "The Ride of the Valkyries" by Wagner.

In Trumps rally last night, where he defended himself against the media and attacked them unmercifilly, I feel this song would be most appropriate for last night. In the video....I imagine Trump as the force ( choppers) attacking the media. I love the smell of napham in the morning.

Turn up volumn to get the juices flowing:

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=the ride of the valkries&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=D3D874EC10E07BD36FA1D3D874EC10E07BD36FA1&v_t=client97_searchbox

yacraps likes this.
  3. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

That was a sad thing last night.....it could not have been
    worse..

When Trump got there and the music was playing, I thought
    what a great thing for America. I thought if this guy handles
    this correctly, he can undo many of the mistakes he has made,
    and offset many of the attacks on him by the press....I thought
    just maybe, he will become more than he is, which is what any
    good president has to be from time to time.

Then he destroyed it in a heart beat, he went back to
    protecting himself and the fake news attacks....I am 70, I have
    never in my lifetime seem a president destroy an opportunity
    this quickly.

This country is in trouble. We have two things going on here
    one with the movement to destroy all monuments.

first if you allow that to happen, it will not be long when they are
    all gone, and as you suggested, which one will be next.....

second....we have solid support for conservative ideas in 44-45
    states and liberal ideas in 5 states....He needed to talk about that, he needed to explain that now with solid support for conservative ideals in 44-45 states we have not had a single conservative idea pass congress in the past 13 years.....zero
    he needed to ask why,......he needed to explain that in the past
    few weeks we failed to pass health care reform by one vote, he needed to explain you cant blame every member of the republican controls senate...only the 3 that voted against
    the people..... he need to explain 3 members of the senate did not think that 100% increases in health care premiums was not important to the three, he need to explain that when deductables increase 3,4,5 times that was not important to the democrats or the three republicans... he needed to explain that the demcorates and the three republican senators felt that health care for all those that are subsidized were more important than it is for the millions of americans that have been paying all along..

He needed to explain that regular order that John Mc Cain wants to follow only works when their are two sides that (can)
    work together...he needed to explain that at this point they cant because one of the parties plus 3 do not value hard working americans, they do not value the self employed small business people as President Obama said.... you did not build , that, you had nothing to do with that.....

A good president would have pushed the power of 45 states
    and not gone back to defending himself....

777 I am sad today......the people in those 45 states deserved better.

twodicebilly

4. basicstrategy777, Aug 23, 2017

basicstrategy777

I thought the President was true to himself, was himself, and did what any self-respecting person would do. He defended himself and attacked his attackers.

You STILL do not see what is going on in America and why HE is our last and only chance to make it right.

It will be done HIS way....not your way or the dems way or the pubs way.

You cannot break out of the box created by society as to what is 'normal' .

His way will work or it will not. If it does....this country will break out of the ESPN thing and break out into the light. If it doesn't, the last chance for the country will have passed us by. Remember, he will have 2 more SC picks. That alone is worth the price.

I thought it was a Great rally , as did his followers and those 19,000 that stood in 107 degree heat for hours. The movement and the man are very, very powerful. The politicians will find out how powerful and soon will fear for their jobs if they don't back him. He will treat them like NK and they will bend to his will. Laugh....but watch.
    Repubs and dems will pass his legislation....AND, he will get that friggin' wall....you doubt it.

Keep the faith and fight for him....don't let his WAYS pull you away from what you know is the right agenda for America.

And understand one thing.....he will not be nor fit the image you want.

far out and yacraps like this.
  5. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Your correct....

I thought the President was true to himself, was himself, and did what any self-respecting person would do. He defended himself and attacked his attackers.

He was, what we need is a president....

twodicebilly

far out likes this.
  6. basicstrategy777, Aug 23, 2017

basicstrategy777

He was not voted on by 62 million people to fit in the box. That's the problem....there are too many 'box fitters' out there.

Your position is legitamite and many are out there that think like you.

Me.......I like how he is acting because that's the way I'd act.....that's the kind of person I want to defend me.........that's the kind of person that I want to lead........that's the kind of person I could have a beer with ( if he drank)......he is plain spoken, clear, and has common sense. He cares not on who's toes he steps on ; he cares not if what he says and does is politically correct. His guiding principle is......to be true to himself, and does this make sense, and does this help the country. And if acting on these principles gets him in hot water, so be it.

You can have your presidential politician ( I believe he knocked off 16 of them) .......they are a dime a dozen, will turn on you for a nickle, and between choosing what is best for them and what is best for the country....they will, every time, choose what is best for them. You see that every day.

We'll see how this all turns out.

yacraps likes this.
  7. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

It is over..... he screwed you last night because he made it clear
    his image of himself was more important than you, and he used that
    fantastic rally for himself...

Hey I don't take any joy in this.......we are in trouble and I feel he
    could make a difference..but you need to understand something.....everything he has done with a pen can be undone
    just as quickly by the next president, If we don't pass something out of congress that has a very conservative stamp on it....all this nonsense is for nothing..

Donald Trump may have needed to be himself to get elected,,,,,but he cant be himself and save the country...as long as honorable people like your self baby this guy, the better chance we have of nothing happening..... 777 his failture to capture an incredible moment last night is a frickin disaster

tdb

8. basicstrategy777, Aug 23, 2017

basicstrategy777

You are entitled to your opinion sir.

Suppose significant things are done by congress and signed by the President before the end of the year.....what will you say ?

Obviously, it can't be " I told you so"....it has to be something else.....

9. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

If we are going to survive as a country which is anything close what is envisioned by the constitution that is what needs to be done.

It can be done, only if Trump stops being Trump and puts you and I before himself.

I will be the first to say good job.....

777 I have been playing with the stuff for many years, I have some real good contacts in government..they tell me Trump will listen to
    know one...period... they indicated the only way anyone can deal with him is to pamper him like you would a little kid...

You need to understand there are millions of very good people in this country that think we are on the wrong road.. and there are also some very good people in the republican party as well, there are also some democrats which feel Obama took us in the wrong direction.....but they need some help to make that jump to our side....

tdb

10. basicstrategy777, Aug 23, 2017

basicstrategy777

They are all a bunch of thieves, only thinking about themselves ( not the country).

What will bring them together is the survival instinct.

Trump will bury them if they don't do the right thing. He has nothing to lose...they do.

Eventually, they will figure out, to survive 2018 and beyond, they must all pull on the rope together and get things done. I predict this will happen soon.

We'll see who blinks first. I would guess the one that has the most to lose.

When you have them by the balls, their minds and heart will follow.

They MUST come around and get his agenda passed or there will be hell to pay. This will work better than..." why can't we all get along" . Getting along is over-rated in this instance.

IMHO.

11. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

Give me a buzz when Trump can get it passed in the senate and the house without anyone else voting....

tdb

12. basicstrategy777, Aug 24, 2017

basicstrategy777

The #1 man i.e. the man in charge, gets the credit or gets the blame.......I'll let you know how the Wall and his other agenda items go.

13. twodicebilly, Aug 25, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

If Trump screws this up because he cant keep his mouth shut, I hope you will also explain this to me grand kids.

tdb

14. basicstrategy777, Aug 25, 2017

basicstrategy777

He is not going to screw anything up.

He is the ONLY man that will be able to pull this off. All others are too Presidential and swamp members.

You MUST be able to see this.

15. twodicebilly, Aug 25, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

I got some pretty good friends here that are pretty damned good
    people....hard working family men.....no one,not a single one
    think he is fit to be president...... every one of them voted
    for him...

You either seeing something we don't, or your smoking something.

tdb

16. basicstrategy777, Aug 25, 2017

basicstrategy777

It's irrelevent whether he fits your or anybody elses standard of 'fit to be President'.

What is relevent is his agenda for America and can he get it done.

You people are reading and watching the 'kill Trump' media and it is soaking in. Does he do anything right or good ? If you watch CNN or MSNBC....he does not. Not one thing.

Suppose, he gets things done......would you still consider him unfit to be President ? Is that where your spot-lite would shine ?Thing is, even if he got things done, the emphasis would be on the 'unfit' part and 'kill him' part. There are those that have a blind hatred for him and what he stands for.

You are absorbing the negative of what others say and are taking your eye off the ball.

Priorities my man....priorities.

17. badddoin, Aug 25, 2017

badddoin

badddoin Member

With this hurricane, Trump's getting another underhand pitch. It's a no-brainer:
    As soon as possible, set up a photo op with a mayor, and maybe the governor, jump on Air force one, and pledge the "complete resources" of the federal government, declare a bunch of counties federal disaster areas, and let those big fat government checks start rolling.

I wonder why I think he's going to whiff it? Maybe because he's incapable of letting anything be about anyone other than him.

My guess is he'll talk about winning these states, and probably about how the fake news is so unfair to him. We'll see.

18. Settingcanthurt, Aug 25, 2017

Settingcanthurt

Meaning President Trump saw what happened when the LO gov said no to Bush for his offer of aid and the NO mayor deliberately failed to evacuate as well as breach the levys so the Stinking liberal press could BBQ BUSH.
    Yea Trump is way ahead of em. But it will not matter. The leftists will whine about something.

far out likes this.
  19. basicstrategy777, Aug 26, 2017

basicstrategy777

You can tell how those in charge are talking that they are ready; even if many postions are unfilled and agencies are under-manned. The action is pro-active and they are not waiting to get hit.

Trump is getting briefings and he is handling this hurricane like a military operation and nobody better fuck up.

You will see the difference on how he operates and how those before him operated.

20. basicstrategy777, Aug 26, 2017

basicstrategy777

He will do his best to protect Americans. He takes his job seriously.