" Military March" or " Left Right"

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by 8DWU8, Feb 3, 2017.

1. von duck, Jul 30, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

Nice tale "Night Attack", I was just wondering, what the hell is "Vegimite". And just one more question, what does an Aussi, make with Bauxite.

2. Night Attack, Jul 31, 2017

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

It is difficult to hit a fill set of box numbers because you need to hit them in a row, and one at a time as you mentioned. That is why I have abandoned the outside numbers and will work towards two 6/8's and one 5/9 each to make up my set of six numbers. Yes the payout is a little less but still a good haul. I also start by placing two numbers and take down the one that doesn't hit so as to get going a bit faster. Costs more sometimes. I've done it twice in two Sundays now and have had to forfeit the big pay day as I was behind in my play so I will try a bit longer. I just need to grab what I can off other shooters and come down and then I will hopefully be in position to drop the hammer when I pick up the dice.

So called closet DI is about right. I don't talk about it much, not because I'm a gay DI (not that there's anything wrong with that), I just feel I don't need to add fuel to the already raging debates about the subject. I don't track rolls, I don't practice and I have to be quick to set them or I'll get a warning. Since I have been setting them, and do not track or practice I have no real way of knowing but it does seem to me that I have longer hands when I do. With longer hands I will eventually hit my numbers.

Twelve4s likes this.
  3. Night Attack, Jul 31, 2017

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Why chook if I didn't know any better I'd say you are setting another snare for me. I believe you already know the answers and at the very least you have google at your disposal and can look them up. I will just provide the following to satisfy you.

Vegemite
    Aluminium

Twelve4s, FredP and yacraps like this.

4. FredP

FredP Member

Love the word:
    chook:
    An Aussie slang word for chicken that's commonly used as a 'nice insult,' especially when somebody has done or said something really obviously retarded that's only worth laughing about. Similar to that of a 'dag.'

Twelve4s, Night Attack and yacraps like this.
  5. von duck, Jul 31, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

Well, you dodged that bullet, but "I'll be Bauhk" as Arnold would say. For those who do not know, Aussi's and other "Brit's" pronounce aluminum, AL-YOO-MINI-UM, and they added an i to make the spelling match. TomP must have learned this while reading a book about Australia. :confused: :D :cool:. That is the correct spelling for vegemite, also, BTL could've Googled that one.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  6. von duck, Jul 31, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

Nice Googling, Ma'am, your always so much fun. Night Attack thought I was trying to trap him, but really, I was just trying to "smoke" YOU out, Ms pee.

Night Attack likes this.
  7. betwthelines, Jul 31, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

night-a, what you need to understand is that the baron is head over heels in love with "ms pee".

this is obvious from his compunction to reply to virtually every one of ms pee's posts and also to most where she is even mentioned or alluded to...or, as here, to get a rise out of ms pee any way that he can...o, yes, the baron is head over heels indeed.

however you can be certain that they are not married! and the evidence for that is also obvious:

he responds to virtually every one of ms pee's posts.
    tom p

8. von duck, Jul 31, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

Thank you for a short post MR Hyde. Your theory though somewhat humorous, is well, wrong. I am however Ms Pee's No. 1 fan. I find her very "excellent" posts, and by this I mean "totally lame" posts, irresistible. Without Ms Pee, the spelling, and punctuation of the posters, might become, well, as bad as yours, and this would be intolerable. We "need" Ms Pee, she is the "life blood" of this forum, and must be encouraged, to keep "Lame-posting", let's face it, we need the laughs.

9. Night Attack, Aug 1, 2017

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

This is an interesting meaning you came up with as I was not aware of it. I'm not even sure anyone ever uses the word in that capacity. I would hazard a guess and say it is a really old meaning and not really relevant to the way 'chook' is used today. In fact, it is more frequently used as a term of endearment sometimes though that was not my intention either. A "chook" in my understanding has alway been a plain old chicken and I was continuing in the feathered variety of address as I have been doing lately. Interesting though and perhaps I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Touché

I should have got BTL to try Vegemite while he was out here. That would have cleared up his sinuses. I'll wager he tried Vegemite when he was stationed out here back in the early 70's. Probably how he got those rosy cheeks.

Hello there p mot, how's it going?

Yes I am well aware as I have watched this bromance blossom over the last couple of months. Problem is that per Demango's suggestion, Fred P now has the Baron on ignore and will not see his posts unless someone quotes the Baron in their reply. Problem for the Mighty Duck is that he now has to try doubly hard to get Fred P's attention. Fred P will of course issue likes anytime a post is made in an unfavourable capacity against the duckster. I've quite enjoyed this I must say and commend both gentlemen for not issuing blows 'below the belt' and keeping it relatively civil.

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.

10. FredP

FredP Member

Right on BTW!!

yacraps likes this.

11. FredP

FredP Member

That came right out of Wikipedia. Check it out.
    I seem to remember trying Vegemite but don't remember the taste. I do remember that everyone said it's an acquired taste because it was so strong.

CORRECTION: That came out of The Urban Dictionary. www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chook

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Night Attack and yacraps like this.
  12. von duck, Aug 1, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

No, Ms Pee, BTL was NOT correct, though I know this breaks your heart. Have faith Ma'am, as I am sure that somewhere EE2, is longing for your affection. Perhaps he will return, and fly you to his home on the cliff, and the two of you can nest together, happily ever after. Oh, and I know you "peek" at my posts.

13. von duck, Aug 1, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

The urine dictionary is out of date Ma'am

14. betwthelines, Aug 1, 2017

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

gosh...although my post was based upon some fairly sound observation, it was, really, at bottom, i mean, you know, merely innocent, teasing speculation.

i had no idea that the evidence for its accuracy would subsequently pile up.

note the shy, blushing denials of one in love:
    notice how emphatic these denials...this is soo cute! so typical of smitten love...hey, it's ok, baron, we're just having fun with ya...there is no shame in Love.
    yes, now you mention it, in retrospect it is rather curious that it took so long for anyone to notice or i mean to comment at least on this torrid bromance
    well, my opinion regarding the formal "ignore" function---that it suggests a lack of discipline & self-control in accomplishing something as simple as "ignore" all by oneself---does beg the question as to whether ms pee really does have the baron on ignore...have you not considered that she merely said that as a tease to her passionate paramour?
    yes, it has been overall fairly pleasant in that regard.

tom p

15. Bases loaded, Aug 1, 2017

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

If you have someone on IGNORE you do not see their quotes in other poster's replies.

I have a few people on 'hard' ignore. I occassionally cheat and un-ignore them.

Often when reading a thread it becomes confusing with ignored comments not included.

When the comments are 'Imbedded' in someone else's post, it becomes really confusing when the imbedded quotes are not shown.

16. Night Attack, Aug 2, 2017

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I see it but I've never heard the word used in that context. Is urban dictionary a real dictionary?

Now as far as Vegemite goes it really is an acquired taste. It is extremely high in salt content and smells like actual shit the first time you come across it. Should be spread in small doses.
    i did not know that since I do not have anyone on ignore. Thanks for clearing that up.

yacraps likes this.

17. FredP

FredP Member

It's an on-line dictionary. Don't know if it's a physical book.
    Since you live in Australia, I'll go with your definition.

18. von duck, Aug 2, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

Kind of you, to go along with TomP Ma'am. Especially when one considers his grammar and speling.:eek::cool:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Night Attack likes this.

19. FredP

FredP Member

FYI:
    Urban Dictionary is a crowdsourcedonline dictionary of slang words and phrases that was founded in 1998 as a parody of Dictionary.comand Vocabulary.com by then-college freshman Aaron Peckham. Some of the definitions on the website can be found as early as 1999,[2]but most early definitions are from 2003. At the start of 2014, the dictionary featured over seven million definitions, while 2,000 new daily entries were being added. In November 2014, the Advertise page of the website states that, on a monthly basis, Urban Dictionary averages 72 million impressions and 18 million unique readers.[3] Anyone with either a Facebook or Gmail account can make a submission to the dictionary, and it has been stated that entries are reviewed by 20,000 volunteers editors.[4] Site visitors may agree or disagree with definitions by an up/down vote system which may cause definitions that are true or false to be listed first.

Night Attack likes this.
  20. Night Attack, Aug 3, 2017

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Speling? That's gold Ducky, GOLD!

von duck likes this.