" Military March" or " Left Right"

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by 8DWU8, Feb 3, 2017.

1. 8DWU8

8DWU8 Member

So here is a progression bet I like to do when I play. Read this bet on a forum a few years ago. Place 4/10 for $10. Once that hits make 5/9 look like $25. Hit on that make 6/8 $60. Hit on that press 6/8 to $102. Hit on that make 5/9 $220. Hit on that buy 4/10 for $500. Hit that and take all down. This is a bet I like to do when playing. I've hit it twice. Once at NYNY back in May and once in Caesars AC A few weeks ago. Critique, analyze, evaluate. It's fun and love to know what you think.

Night Attack likes this.
  2. basicstrategy777, Feb 4, 2017

basicstrategy777

I tip the dealers, on occasion, using the army march.

Start out with a 2 dollar 4 work it down to a 100 dollar 10. They are into the game if she goes a ways.

random_roller, Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  3. lone irish digit, Feb 4, 2017

lone irish digit

Because craps can be a very boring game I use to occasionally try this approach to spice things up. Heavy has talked about this approach a few years ago on his "on and increasingly off axis" board.

Twelve4s likes this.
  4. yacraps, Feb 4, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Settingcanthurt and Twelve4s like this.

5. 8DWU8

8DWU8 Member

I may do this with me. I usually bet across the board for them but might as well bring them along for the ride

Twelve4s likes this.
  6. basicstrategy777, Feb 5, 2017

basicstrategy777

Make sure you tell them .".player control" when you make the bet.

yacraps likes this.
  7. KokomoJoe4, May 8, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

8DWU8,

Not sure what you are putting out at the start.

If as you say above you are starting with only $20 spread equally over the 4 and 10, the "hit" is only for $18, to which you will need to add an additional $7 to make the "5/ OR 9" (but not both) look like $25.

So now you have your original $20 still out, plus hypothetical winnings plus an additional $7, and now have three numbers covered.

Now hitting on the one odd you have covered, you would have needed an even dollar amount to receive payment as a buy less vig, so add in another $1 to hit at $26. Receive $38 ($39 minus $1 vig), then place all of the $38 winnings plus an additional $22 out of the rail to get up to a $60 six OR eight, but not both.

Now you have taken $50 out of the rack and have hit two bets. You have four numbers working. Now your $60 six hits for $70, and you are putting $62 of that out on the same number and racking $8. Still have $42 out.

Now you hit the six again for $119 and want to make the 5 OR 9 go from $25 to $220? OK, but it'll cost you your hypothetical winnings plus another $76 out of the rack. ($118 total from the rack).

Now it hits for $314 with vig taken, and you are buying the four OR ten, but not both, for $500, which will be another $176 out of the rail.

Now hitting the $500 outside number and taking everything down makes good sense, but is the only thing that does make sense, to me. ?

von duck likes this.
  8. Onautopilot, May 8, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Speaking of Military March, I had to make a trip to Fort Campbell this morning, home of the Screaming Eagles.
    The army is alive and well. And I had some pleasant experiences....got lost on the base, it's a huge facility, so I stopped this soldier in fatigues, and asked him how to get to the base exchange. He said, well, with all the one way streets, it's kinda hard to point ya in the right direction, why don't I just get in my truck and you can follow me.

He was right, I would have wandered around another hour at least, nice guy....course I didn't tell him I was Navy/ :)

Went in the pharmacy there at the exchange and filled a couple prescriptions....courteous, fairly fast, and no pay, or co-pays.

Sorry for the off topic, but just wanted to give the army some kudos! They are working hard to keep this country safe, so I can enjoy my retirement!!!!

P.S. They had a Navy Federal Credit Union there....go figure.

9. badddoin, May 8, 2017

badddoin

badddoin Member

I think it starts with a 4 OR 10, then a 5 or 9, etc.

Or maybe not.

10. Twelve4s, May 8, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

If the $100 ten hits, do you let the boys collect or parlay and make em sweat a little?

11. FredP

FredP Member

My son-in-law is a retired Army pilot. They are truly a "band of brothers" even after retirement.
    I'll bet the Navy is the same. All service people are true heroes in my book.

KokomoJoe4 and Onautopilot like this.

12. 8DWU8

8DWU8 Member

Koko,

I place only the 4 or 10 starting out for $10 total. If that number hits, I pull the win plus the original bet down. Wait one roll then place the next number.

Place the 4 or 10. Hit for $18 and pull down place bet of $10. Wait one roll then place 5 or 9 at $25. Hit for $35 and pull down place bet of $25. Wait one roll then place 6 or 8 for $60 etc.

Sorry, I should have stated that when I first posted.

13. KokomoJoe4, May 8, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

TY 8DW,

Now that makes MUCH more sense. In fact, I like it a lot, and will actually try this sort of aggressive progression the next time I make place bets.

With the $18 winner, now you are only risking $7 to go to $25.

Best of all is the fact that you are losing only ONE wager if and when things go south.

A very nice play!

8DWU8 likes this.
  14. DeMango, May 8, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

We need a new AA group for folks on this board = Thread Hijackers Anonymous! (Pot, kettle, black) I nominate OAP! Of course several members have more talent in this area, but they are on ignore, making life a little more bearable on this board.

8D: I assume that Army March was found on Heavy's board?

15. 8DWU8

8DWU8 Member

I can't remember where I read this before. I was on a site that had all these different plays/strategies listed. I read through each and every one of them and really liked this one. I don't believe it was Heavy's board. I'll have to google and see if I can find that site again.

16. DeMango, May 8, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

One thought here Kjoe. If this entire scene works out, say a shooter making the 4 then a 5 then a six etc through to the 10, you may have collected a good sum. But all the other numbers he hit in between that you have not collected on would probably be a prodigious pile of cash!

17. Onautopilot, May 8, 2017

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

You're right of course......reckon I need to follow protocol a bit closer, and start a new off topic tread when I get the urge to share some off topic experience. I apologize if it caused you some extra eye rolling.

I think it's a hold over from my days on the the old usenet.craps forum.....people talked about most anything they wanted to on any thread. Made for some interesting discussions on occasion.

But you know, even though we get along pretty good, maybe you might consider the ignore thing for me....I'm just not real good at protocol, and discipline.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  18. KokomoJoe4, May 8, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Can't have things both ways DM. I (and I think you) can be anal about having more than one bet out at a time. The only way this is going to make you a bundle is when you are hitting and increasing bet size.

It would be nice to have all the other numbers showing covered while they are hitting, but it doesn't fit with our style.

At least we don't lose multiple bets on the inevitable seven.

19. von duck, May 8, 2017

von duck

von duck Member

If your going to worry about the numbers you didn't bet, there are billions of those. This thing seems a bit like playing VP and your waiting for that ROYAL.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  20. DeMango, May 8, 2017

DeMango

DeMango Member

Nah, just jerking the chain. There are some professional trolls on this board, those who think they are the reincarnation of Paul Lynde. Please don't quote Barney and I'm good! 12-4? I mean 10-4! I'm here for craps talk.