Let's get serious for a moment.

Discussion in 'Bankroll Management' started by BuckShot, Apr 17, 2018.

1. von duck, Apr 18, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

:confused: :D Bust "city". See you at the pawn shop.

2. von duck, Apr 18, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

OK, OK, let's not make this too complicated. You have $50K, you have three days to double it, minimum $500 bets. Table limits do need to be defined, that's all, every thing else is up to you. Craps is the game. :cool: Strategy please. :)

3. yacraps, Apr 18, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

[email protected]#$king Midnight..LOL :D

4. von duck, Apr 18, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Who's money is it? I'm pretty sure he'll take the "fifth" on that one. :)

5. Onautopilot, Apr 18, 2018

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

WOW WHACKERS are always good[/QUOTE]

:confused: What an awful dilemma. $50,000 huh, that's more than I make in a month! :) A lot of guys have had this happen to them, but none has ever doubled the money. I've got just the play, and it's a wow whacker.[/QUOTE]

James and the Duck..........you guys deserve each other

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  6. James Hall, Apr 18, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

:confused: What an awful dilemma. $50,000 huh, that's more than I make in a month! :) A lot of guys have had this happen to them, but none has ever doubled the money. I've got just the play, and it's a wow whacker.[/QUOT
    James and the Duck..........you guys deserve each other[/QUOTE

although your intention here was to inject a bit of facetious humor
    you may have pretty nearly touched upon a subject that many people are a bit reluctant to breach due to
    social convention , and that is , the idea or question as to whether or not
    "Some people are , "BETTER" than others simply because of the "CLASS" or , "CIRCUMSTANCE" into which they have been born.

This is a subject that has been discussed for centuries , some having one opinion and others having an opinion
    quite the opposite to the other
    I have given it a great deal of thought and I have an idea that This controversy has crossed your mind over the years and that of many other people as well

I have an idea that Von Duck and I share very much the same mindset in regard to this issue and that opinion would be expressed in this manner

Although , "ALL PEOPLE ARE CREATED EQUAL SOME OF US HAVE BEEN CREATED MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"
    Any thoughts on the subject???

7. john sherman, Apr 18, 2018

john sherman

john sherman Member

I would bet $500 Don't pass and lay single odds
    If you win, increase the odds with each win (single to double, double to triple, up to max odds)
    If you lose, go back to $500 with single odds.
    These bets have the lowest house advantage (below 1%)

You can do the same thing betting the pass line if you do not like playing the dark side.

yacraps likes this.
  8. Freddyy, Apr 18, 2018

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

500$ with 50000$br is a play like 5$ table with 5000$ BR. Just like poker...don’t get scared of the # and respect that a chip lost is worth more then a chip won.

You can go a long way on a BR like that, but the last thing you want in this game is to drop 500$ chips on the table, unless you are with a crew of insinely skilled people on a very lucky day.

Smart people with that bank would play 100$ chips not 500$. And I know people who do. One of em won 15k$ in front of me. You don’t need 500$ chips.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  9. twodicebilly, Apr 18, 2018

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

James

You are doing well, since i retired and cut back my work load i have to work 6 weeks to earn $50,000
    that is a little slower than my wife can spend it.

James you know people are created how they are created.... for the most part if the average joe
    ends up being pretty well off..... he was not just the average Joe in one way or another.

Your efforts and discipline add up over time. Some are real hard workers and make good money, but
    have no discipline and spend it and end up ok...but no where near where they would have been had
    they been both a hard worked and smart.... I think in the end the fruits of your labor end being from all
    crops you planted.

that is a sad state of affairs...but it is what it is, for most there is no free lunch ( unless your a democrate)

twodicebilly

10. Onautopilot, Apr 18, 2018

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Created equal is a good analogy in my opinion...as far as being deserving of what the Universe has to offer.

But all people do not develop the character traits one might desire in their fellow human beings. Not sure why this is, probably more explanations and opinions than one would care to delve into.

So, I disagree with your statement above, as being "more" of anything.

11. The Midnight Skulker, Apr 18, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

There were a couple regular posters on the old Usenet newsgroup who would, from time to time, ask a question about a hypothetical and atypical situation. Such questions were almost always traps designed to get the responders to paint themselves into a corner, thereby forcing them to agree with the poser's hidden agenda. The OP bears a remarkable resemblance to those questions, hence my cynicism and reluctance to submit my solution to the alleged dilemma until all relevant parameters get nailed down by the one asking the question. Otherwise I have to submit multiple solutions, each with a list of the assumptions I have made.

I am not the one with the question, nor do I anticipate ever having to consider the how to turn $50K into $100K in three days. If BuckShot lacks sufficient interest to reveal additional terms of his arrangement, terms that I have to think have already been agreed upon, then I certainly lack the interest to devote any additional time to considering his request.

Tell you what, though. If you (or anyone else for that matter) would like to hear what I have come up with then PM me. All I ask is your word you will keep my response to yourself.
    A pig I was trying to teach to sing wanted to discuss this very subject a while back. I told her we needed to concentrate on the singing lessons if she was going to be the lead voice for Dumbo's song in the upcoming Disney movie. She got pissed off and changed careers. She started a publishing company, Animal Farm House, and authored a book, Delicacies From The Dumpster. Never saw her again but I heard she really porked up.

yacraps and Onautopilot like this.
  12. James Hall, Apr 18, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

Are you saying that SOME OF US are not created more equal than others ?
    I thought that would be the case

13. von duck, Apr 19, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

:confused: What an awful dilemma. $50,000 huh, that's more than I make in a month! :) A lot of guys have had this happen to them, but none has ever doubled the money. I've got just the play, and it's a wow whacker.[/QUOTE]

James and the Duck..........you guys deserve each other[/QUOTE]
    The question is posed in a ridiculous way. LID got it right in post #15. Doubling a stake is pretty much the same problem, whether it's, $500 or $50,000. In craps, your best chance of doubling is one bet. Take your pick. :)

14. basicstrategy777, Apr 19, 2018

basicstrategy777

You don't think it is reasonable , per the math, that 2 12's should show in 100 tosses. I'm strictly a math kinda guy.....the math is never wrong.

yacraps likes this.
  15. Night Attack, Apr 19, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Why don't you try playing Route 66.

yacraps likes this.
  16. BuckShot, Apr 19, 2018

BuckShot

BuckShot Member

If it was crapless craps table i'd consider the 12's betting with $500.00 chips.

17. BuckShot, Apr 19, 2018

BuckShot

BuckShot Member

It's never crossed my mind to do this but i need a more action style of play. I don't want to scare off the opportunity with my boring strategy.

18. Night Attack, Apr 19, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I don't think it's a boring strategy at all. I've tried it with a few good results though I haven't committed to it fully. But you understand the opportunity better than us so best of luck with it.

yacraps likes this.
  19. BuckShot, Apr 19, 2018

BuckShot

BuckShot Member

That's the problem, I don't understand...

I appreciate the inputs so far.

My mind is saying do 3200 across (Or 2700 across with passline /odds). Hope the dice set keeps up and take continuous 200.00 Horn bets and try for hitting prop numbers by adjusting my dice set to possibly roll 2,3,11,12's

But then it's just to double the bank roll so a mild approach...
    I'm thinking of the longterm 6/8 due to the longevity of the play. it's pretty safe to get me through some "cold" times

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  20. Mssthis1, Apr 19, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

What opportunity? Have you considered that going from red chip to purple chip betting with a 50K buy in will instantly grant you access to the money laundering watch list?

If you double it you'll be responsible for paying the taxes on it and any other wins because big brother will now be watching.

What if you lose? Will you lose body parts? Will Vido rough you up if they think you're using their money to tip the drink girl?