Kentucky Derby 2015

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by TDVegas, May 2, 2015.

1. Liman

Liman Member

no word from my bil yet, not sure as of now, and now Im beginning to wonder if we would even get a pass to get in.
    but without his friends parking spot, I wouldn't dare go near parking lots or parkways.
    Ill speak to him by tomorrow night see where we are at.

yacraps likes this.
  2. basicstrategy777, Jun 5, 2015

basicstrategy777

I'll be in Elmont tomorrow. I'll have on a red hat. This better not be a repeat of Smarty Jones.

Twelve4s likes this.

3. Liman

Liman Member

I will not be there, but my niece is picking up my win ticket for me.

yacraps likes this.
  4. KokomoJoe4, Jun 6, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

With that sort of descriptive identification 777, how could we not identify you? Good luck , hope you pick some winners.

Did you take in the Stugots or the Vette?

yacraps likes this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Jun 7, 2015

basicstrategy777

Kokomojoe4......It was a beautiful day at the track. I took a bus for 125 and made that up and more with my winners. Hit a couple triples and straight win bets. The show horse, Keen Ice, paid more than the win and place bet, so the triple wasn't bad for the #11 race.

Some observations: very windy....track was perfect....people taking the bets were inexperienced.....there were long lines to go in the ladies room and no lines to go in the mens room, hence, woman that had to take a leak bad went into the mens room ; kinda funny to see them there; no problem but I wonder what would have happened if I went into the ladies room......loads and loads of security at the track.....that #5 horse is a great horse....ladies there with funny hats, obviously no underware on with those tight skirts, short mini-skirts.......bottle of water 5 bucks, sausage grinder 12 bucks, bag of peanuts 6 bucks, racing program 8 bucks, cigar 20 bucks.

The race track is a wonderful place to be.

If you ever want to see a good, funny movie, a horsetrack.bettors story of one glorious day at the track, see " Let it Ride" ; it's a really good, funny movie., with Richard Dryfus and Terry Garr.

But it was a great day and I saw history made. The race track is a wonderful place.

6. KokomoJoe4, Jun 7, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

At $20, I'm guessing the stogies are not Cubans.

Sounds like a good time. How long was this commute? Possibly the wait to get in and out of the park took as long as the ride to/from home?

yacraps likes this.
  7. basicstrategy777, Jun 7, 2015

basicstrategy777

They were Punch cigars...definately overpriced. You have to be careful about Cubans, lot of counterfits out there. You will be able to get Cubans legit soon, I bet.

The ride getting in was about 2 hours, maybe a little more. The ride back was bad.....much traffic.

Interesting fact: I asked the driver how much fuel he used...he said quarter of a tank; I said that doesn't tell me much...he said I can get from CT to FL. on one tank full, without refueling; he said the bus held 240 gallons.

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  8. driglaz, Jun 7, 2015

driglaz

driglaz Member

Historic win!

9. Liman

Liman Member

my niece attended with her boyfriend.
    the crowds were wonderful she said. Everyone was happy and people were hugging and high fiving strangers, thrilled to see the horse win.
    She said now me and 150 thousand other people have a program and 2 dollar win ticket uncashed, she said everyone was buying 4 of them.

she also said getting out wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.
    It was printed in todays paper that there was much more organization of the railroad and parking lots trying to get people out.
    was it last year, or year before, some people said it took them 3 hours to get out of parking lot.

I have a few phobias, and one of them is dealing with crowds, so I don't know if I would have been comfortable with that crowd.
    I would have loved to have been there in person, especially since its almost my backyard.

It wasn't that bad watching it in my den on a 70 inch screen with a pizza.
    but Im sure it was nothing like being there.

yacraps likes this.
  10. basicstrategy777, Jun 7, 2015

basicstrategy777

I've got 15 uncashed win tickets.

She is going to have to cash them in at the Belmont window or send them in....got a year.

To be more precise, you have until 31 March 2016 to cash it in.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

11. Liman

Liman Member

no one cashing them in, they want to keep it forever.

12. RouletteGhost, Jun 7, 2015

RouletteGhost

RouletteGhost Member

I was there. Put 60 on frosted to win

13. basicstrategy777, Jun 7, 2015

basicstrategy777

That was a good bet. I liked Frosted also. My betting on the 11th race was: I bet Frosted to win....I got 15 tickets for AP to win.......I bet a trifecta wheeling the 5 and 6 horse with all. The tri hit for 109 dollars. AP paid 3.50. I had to have a safety with Frammento as Zito is a triple crown killer and he hurt me in 2004 with Birdstone. On paper Fermmento was crap but Zito is sneaky and he has ruined the triple crown with 2 horses in 04 aqnd 08 and I wasn't going to have him hurt me a 3rd time.