In RE: Tom P - Betwthelines

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by $nakeEye$, Jan 6, 2018.

1. $nakeEye$, Jan 6, 2018

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Just received a phone message from Tom's son moments ago -

Tom passed today !

Apparently his son was going thru the contact list on Tom's phone and wanted to spread the word !

Thought that you might be interested -

$...eE..$

HornHighBLEVE and yacraps like this.
  2. TDVegas, Jan 6, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I was supposed to pick him up Downtown and bring him to Red Rock mid December. He texted me to cancel and that he was in the hospital with what I presumed was a heart attack. I talked to him about a week ago and he was very weak and sounded medicated. I didn't expect him to pass.

Sad day.

yacraps likes this.
  3. $nakeEye$, Jan 6, 2018

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

If you call on Tom's cell number his son will either answer or get your message -

If you care to follow up on it -

I never met Tom -

Only conversed with him thru the forum and by PM -

Gave him my cell # when I was supposed to monitor / judge / witness the event he sponsored last year - the name of which escapes me at the moment !

$...eE..$

yacraps likes this.
  4. TDVegas, Jan 6, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Yeah...I'll call. Can't believe it. Never expected this. He basically told me he was going to be heading into rehab in January. I'm stil not sure what his original diagnosis was....as his text on December 12 said no stroke, no heart attack...just that he expected to be in hospital for 7-10 days. Now I'm thinking maybe it was a heart attack...followed by a stroke.

Bohunk....

yacraps likes this.
  5. rongarm10, Jan 6, 2018

rongarm10

rongarm10 Member

I don't think that I remember if I have seen him posting on this forum before. The only Tom I have seen on here was a post from a "Tom P." Anyway, I am sorry to hear that someone here has passed away. It is indeed a sad day. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

yacraps likes this.
  6. TDVegas, Jan 6, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

He posted under "betwthelines"

http://www.crapsforum.com/members/betwthelines.56353/

yacraps likes this.
  7. Bases loaded, Jan 6, 2018

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

That is absolutely tragic news!

Tom P./Betwthelines/Bohunk was such a breath of fresh air on the forum. His posting was always thoughtful, intelligent, and unpretentious. He really new the game of craps. He never bitched, not once. He didn't take shit; and he did not suffer fools gladly.

He will be missed.

Rest in peace, the only remaining Tough Craps player.

8. rongarm10, Jan 6, 2018

rongarm10

rongarm10 Member

Thank you very much for letting me know who Tom P. was. Again a sad day. I enjoyed his posts, even though I may not always agree, but they were very interesting to read. Just sayin.

yacraps likes this.
  9. yacraps, Jan 6, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

I cant believe it thanks snake for the info Betwthlines I enjoyed very much I am stunned... I saw a video it had the wizard of odds and I thought it was a man named Tom P I assumed it was Betwthlines and he seem to be a middle aged man my prayers and thoughts go to the family

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  10. tabletop123, Jan 6, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

A TRULY sad day. My thoughts, & prayers go out to his family.

This is very hard to swallow. Tom PM'd me a few months ago requesting my phone number.

I gave him my number when the Bohunk first came into existsnce, but he said that he had somehow misplace my number.
    Wow....I am speechless.
    R.I.P. Tom!

11. tabletop123, Jan 6, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

Thanks for the "Heads up" SnakeEyes!

12. KokomoJoe4, Jan 6, 2018

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Very sorry to hear of Tom's passing.

A smart, insightful guy with a great sense of humor. Enjoyed the reports during his Australian adventure - here is a guy who knew what he wanted to do and did it.

Knew the game of craps like few others, and enjoyed bantering back and forth on all the controversial topics.

RIP BTL.

13. Bases loaded, Jan 6, 2018

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

Here is a link to a thread started by Tom P./Betwthelines where he describes his 'Tough Craps' methodology...

http://www.crapsforum.com/threads/tough-craps.7020/

It is quite detailed and complex. This is one of the first things I read when I joined this forum. I always admired Tom P.'s dedication to playing craps in a strict, unwavering fashion.

I would like to play the game as tough as Betwthelines did.

14. Druck

Druck Member

My thoughts also. Sad to hear.

Glad he made his wonderful trip around Australia. I really enjoyed following along.

RIP to the Tough Craps Player.

random_roller and yacraps like this.
  15. TDVegas, Jan 6, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I met with tom a number of times at Red Rock. He really embraced the bubble after being a lifelong table player. He loved craps. Loved to play. He would play marathon sessions at Red Rock and Downtown.

I would go over to Red Rock at 10am....back at 4pm and he would still be there. His tough craps approach required no thinking, no decisions. His goal was to max out his bets.

Stogie in hand, cup of java....he truly enjoyed his time at the table/bubble.
    His travels took him all over the country.

He will be missed here and I'm sure elsewhere. Good man.

16. yacraps, Jan 6, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

TD you were very fortunate to be able to know Tom so well my thoughts and hugs to you sir it sounds like you lost a neat and close friend I just knew him through posts and reply here and are feeling blue I can imagine how you feel

17. lone irish digit, Jan 6, 2018

lone irish digit

18. Onautopilot, Jan 6, 2018

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Truly a sad day to hear about Tom's passing. We spent three great days together in Vegas. Shared stories of our navy days, our craps playing years, and everything in between.

He could out last the best of 'em at the tables....he came to play!

I also talked to Tom while he was in the hospital around Christmas time
    .....we hoped to meet up again after we both were on the road again, but I could tell he was very weak, and medicated, yep, a sad day for me.

Tom always said, "It's all just one long session, then you die."

I have a feeling Tom will find another craps game somewhere....and the session will continue!

19. TDVegas, Jan 6, 2018

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Thanks big guy. Yeah, I enjoyed my time spent with tom. Lotta good stories.

I'm shocked, actually. I knew he went into the hospital but didn't think for second that this would happen.

yacraps likes this.
  20. gargoil, Jan 6, 2018

gargoil

gargoil Member

Man this one hurts. When Zack called me up earlier in the evening to tell me, I was stunned. Just a few weeks ago BTL and I were discussing his trip back down south once he recuperated and making plans for him to spend a few days over at my house then driving down to Tunica or Biloxi for some play. I knew he wasn't feeling well but he thought he was going to pull thru. This kind of sucks going into the new year.

He definitely left a mark on the forum and although I never met him, I am glad I got to know him for a bit. RIP....

In his honor

tom p

[1][2][3][4][5][6]
    "In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice."

-- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
    "plainly and simply it is human nature to seek control over random events"
    --tom p, 8-15-2017

this idea that we have to personally "meet" with someone in order to form a legitimate opinion on a public, text-based, internet forum is
    stupid and wearying...this place is not a fucking social club but a public forum...DUH"
    --tom p, 8-12-2017
    "the Craps Forum for me is primarily a vehicle to hear myself talk...I really should say the primary reason here is to HAVE FUN...It might be facetious or satirical or sarcastic etc...keep in mind that these subtleties are difficultly wrought in all interactive, textual communications so please employ understanding regarding that aspect and not just for my posts either. One more thing you should know: i am not personally responsible for ANYTHING that g. geist says. Keep my purpose for this vehicle in mind before you go off cocked or even half-cocked."
    --tom p, 12-10-2016

" 'Great hands' are past tense in craps"

--TDVegas, 11-15-2015
    "LTQLOQP"
    --gargoil, 9-3-2017