I love shit kickers

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by yacraps, Jun 29, 2018.

1. von duck, Jul 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

:confused:
    That's the worst Australian accent I've ever heard, TD. :cool: This "woman" is too high-maintenance for me, cause I can't always come up with the price of a six-pack, when I need to get laid.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. yacraps, Jul 7, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Ya Night..neat song and pick :D

Night Attack likes this.
  3. Night Attack, Jul 7, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Perhaps I am a yank living in Australia pelican boy but I am definitely not TD.

Why do you want to have everyone against you on this forum? I get the lone wolf thing but wouldn't it be nice to get on with your neighbour. I'm going to give you more love from now on.

Give crispy a chance I say and get together, the two of you over a glass of champagne.

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  4. Night Attack, Jul 7, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I'm pretty sure I once saw a movie about this sport, probably way back in the 70's. It may have been called Kansas City Rollers or something like that and I want to say it starred Raquel Welch but I do not remember. Of course I can look it up on the google machine but I'd prefer to resolve it the old fashioned way first if possible.

yacraps likes this.
  5. yacraps, Jul 7, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

You have a great memory I believe it was Kansas City Bomber it was a fun movie..any movie with Raquel would be a fun movie

Twelve4s and Night Attack like this.
  6. yacraps, Jul 7, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Found it

crispcem, Twelve4s and Night Attack like this.
  7. Night Attack, Jul 7, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

That's the one. If I ever get time I may dial it up one day just for nostalgia.
    Back then we never had a lot and we only had 3 commercial tv stations. I always used to look forward to the Sunday night line up that kind of went, Animal Kingdom 6:30pm, The Six Million Dollar Man 7:30pm followed by the Sunday Night Movie at 8:30pm.

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  8. yacraps, Jul 7, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Boy your really jogging memory lane..I remember what you post well..simple times I loved and hated Sunday nights I liked the movie line ups...but the part I didnt like of Sunday was the next day being Monday I had to go to school :)

Twelve4s and Night Attack like this.
  9. von duck, Jul 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

By the "old fashion way" do you mean ask one of your fellow Americans? :) TD.

Night Attack likes this.
  10. von duck, Jul 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

I'm not that much for champagne, but if she's got a glass of ice cubes, I'll "pour" her a glass of "Cold Duck" And it won't be the stuff Andre sells, this is real "homemade" stuff. :) TD.

Night Attack likes this.
  11. Night Attack, Jul 7, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I know. I love nostalgia.
    If I flicked over to another channel the line up went like this. Seven's big league at 6:30pm ( I'll clarify that as it was our Sunday football match of the day), Kung-Fu 7:30pm and the Sunday night movie of the week at 8:30pm. I remember I used to stand by the tv and change channels via the rotary knob to see what movie of the week was going to be on each of the three channels so I can decide which one to watch.
    I also hated going to school on Monday especially if my team lost on Sunday.

yacraps likes this.
  12. von duck, Jul 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

The football game was over in one hour? Your team huh, guess they didn't have a name. They didn't have "TV Guide" magazine, in your part of New Jersey? :cool: TD.

13. Night Attack, Jul 7, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

The TV game was edited for a one hour replay. We never had live football on tv back then. The game itself in my part of Jersey runs for two 40 minute halves. My team had a name but it isn't really relevant so I omitted it.

I don't know if they had a TV guide or magazine then but I never knew any. Later on definitely. Our TV guide would come from the newspaper a week earlier and sometimes it would just say something like Sunday night movie without being specific. Other times we would not have bought the paper.

They were the days......

yacraps likes this.
  14. von duck, Jul 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

This all and fine TD, I mean Night Attach, but I never knew a sports fan that didn't want you to know what team was "his", except Jets fans, and who could blame them. Over hear, we had three channels, ABC, NBC, and CBS, what were your three networks called? Oh yeah, and by the way, Aussie's don't call it TV, they call it "TheTellie", like in Savalas. So, what was your favorite team? :cool: It was the Jets wasn't it.

15. Night Attack, Jul 7, 2018

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

We had the TEN network, NINE network and the ATN SEVEN network as the three commercial stations. We also had the govt funded ABC Network but they didn't show movies or sitcoms until much later on. Heck, they didn't even run for 24hrs. Yes we do call it a telly, not a tellie as you spell it and we also refer to it as the box. Eg, what's on the box? Surprisingly we also call it a t.v. Go ahead and look it up as you should have more free time now since there is no spam postings for you to reply to. My team were the Dragons.

yacraps likes this.
  16. crispcem, Jul 7, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

goriilla339b5aa1fa686d44b882189ad83d5a1d1.jpg

Duckie Duckie...just like in politics and current events, you refuse to face reality...

basicstrategy777 and yacraps like this.
  17. yacraps, Jul 7, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

No problem :rolleyes:

Twelve4s and crispcem like this.
  18. The Midnight Skulker, Jul 7, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

Over the years several stick chicks have threatened (in jest) to beat me with the stick. My response, "Oh, yes, Mommy. I have been so very bad."
    Not four 20-minute quarters? Still sounds like footy.
    That seals it. Good thing von whozits is too lazy to look them up.

yacraps, Twelve4s and Night Attack like this.
  19. crispcem, Jul 7, 2018

crispcem

crispcem Member

Aussie's play 40 instead of 45?
    Where do the Socceroos go now without Cahill? Maybe Rugby is just more suited to Aussies? You guys are top dogs in that sport.

yacraps and Night Attack like this.
  20. von duck, Jul 8, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

And just how did you get in on the frey? At least now I know where some the intelligent stuff came from. Between all of you though, your not going to be able to match the original N.A. No, whoever took up the reins, isn't going to be able to match THAT style, and it's not too hard to figure out, the limited possibilities, because some "inside" help would be required. Now along comes the Skullker, just in time to save the day. I suppose 12/twats, did the "sweet poly" thing, and summoned, the best you got.
    One more question, how in the mortal hell, do you look up someone's favorite team. The question on the channels, was to see if the imposter would come up with the Australian equivalent, of the BBC, nice googling job whoever you are. :) It can not be the "original" there is no way. :cool:

Night Attack likes this.