Hurricane Howard gunna get wet!

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by DeMango, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Onautopilot, Oct 8, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Yea, I'm still trying to shoot my age...came close a few times. When I was younger, I shot lower than the age I am now though. :)

So, no money, just a fun round, and maybe just nine, and a cart if you want. I have been fortunate, still play a little, and walk the course most times. Hell getting old, hu!

2. FredP

FredP Member

Do all cowboys wear their hat indoors? At dinner? In the bedroom?
    UGH.

3. James Hall, Oct 8, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

I know It's one of the old ways that is not changing not everybody who wears a hat is a cowboy
    there are very few cowboys left , we are a dying breed
    I know that in the old days 40 or 50 years ago the town guys men who lived in town would wear their hats out
    taking them off and putting them on
    for a cowboy a hat is not a garment , it's not a part of their attire or as some men would say not part of their awns amble
    to a cowboy a hat is a piece of equipment goes on when you get out of bed and in some circumstances
    comes off when you go to bed
    A cowboy will remove his hat in the presence of a lady , in an elevator etc. generally not while eating in a restaurant , no place to put it
    many years ago when restaurants had hat racks they would hang them there after that they kept them on

Cowboys are as particular about their hats , boots etc as city slickers are about their cars
    to a cowboy generally a car or a truck is just transportation
    Hats , boots , saddles , guns , horses and dogs are part of the job
    very personal , for a person to touch a cowboys hat will always , always result in a fight
    many cowboys feel like their hat reflects their personality
    50 years ago you could tell where a man was from by the way he shaped his hat
    When I was a kid growing up my grandparents were from a different era
    rules were different , if my Granddad was talking to one of the kids with a hat on he would knock it off your head
    MY HOW THINGS CHANGE
    oh I'm sorry
    to answer your question YEP THAT'S THE WAY SHES DONE

4. FredP

FredP Member

And I still reply, UGH.
    Sorry, I'm from Brooklyn, NY.
    There are manners and there are manners.
    Depends on where you come from.

5. James Hall, Oct 8, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

exactly
    Texas hill country , the heart of the cattle ranches things are very different
    where I am from people go to town , most will have a couple Winchesters in the back window of their truck
    very few people ever lock a truck or a car and generally leave the keys in the ignition
    If their is a death in the family people from miles around bring food for weeks , no need to cook
    I go to the store to get groceries they ring it up I sign the bill and settle at the end of the month
    We live the way people should live
    everybody trusts everybody else
    Hell people even know and like each other
    they speak to each other on the street
    The people in Texas are as courteous as you can get
    there is no hey HOMES ,no hey DUDE but a whole lot of yes sir , yes mam
    If you move into town they will just come by and say howdy and invite you for coffee
    yep a lot of difference
    I like Texas, live in Arizona closer to Vegas
    some of my friends in Texas are a little upset , they say "YOU USED TO COME HOME 6 OR 8 TIMES A YEAR"
    what's going on" ?

6. James Hall, Oct 8, 2016

James Hall

James Hall Member

In my home town everybody owns guns nobody gets shot and that has been the case for over 70 years

7. KokomoJoe4, Oct 8, 2016

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Of course there is no new math. The HE calculations can be and are used with "non-standard" fractions in the place of reality fractions described by the construction of two dice.

All I am trying to do is point out the non-sensicalness of it. IF the non-standard fractions are used in the calculation to show a "mathematically correct" player advantage, they are replacing true reality.

Now if the specified advantage player can produce these numbers damned near every time s/he handles the dice, we might have something.