help with hardway

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by harrythewit, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Freddyy, Apr 16, 2018

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

Play with the arc you throw and the wall proximity. Or go with 2v i stead of hardway...your dices flip on the sides. Might be a grip or throw handicap.

2. tabletop123, Apr 16, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

Negative! If you ARE indeed averaging 8 rolls PER HAND....I wouldn't change anything! Average of 8 rolls=Print Money= Keys= Vault= Open= Soon to be wealthy!

3. tabletop123, Apr 16, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

I forgot to add.... = Play the Iron Cross.

4. DoubleTapDave, Apr 16, 2018

DoubleTapDave

DoubleTapDave Member

The Hardeay set includes 44,22,33,55. I prefer the 44 on top as it gives a good visual where to place your fingers for proper balance on the grip. I have been killing this set lately and use it when point is 4,5,9,10

5. BuckShot, Apr 16, 2018

BuckShot

BuckShot Member

Using the same set with gain you both PSO and multiple repeating numbers. But will insure consistent profits at the table.

Keep track of what numbers you're rolling with that set and make money betting only those numbers.
    Some days you may roll 30-50 numbers on just a single hot roll and other days you may PSO.

It all comes out in the wash, so bet wisely. Changing dice sets only works if you are rolling for a fire bet or All/Tall/Small

harrythewit likes this.
  6. Freddyy, Apr 16, 2018

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

Never ever change set in middle of a point cycle unless you are playing dark side. Don’t care about your firebet unless you play pass line only.

yacraps likes this.
  7. lone irish digit, Apr 16, 2018

lone irish digit

This is Barney,

As described on page 804 of the LIDs latest gambling book, "The Game of Craps," he likes to randomly change his sets from Group 2 to Group 1 and back during his hands to piss off the boxman. This way the house doesn't know your preset and which button to push to counter it.

Thank you very much

8. tabletop123, Apr 16, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

I disagree! You change sets when ya see numbers that ya shouldn't be seeing! Doesn't matter if you are mid-roll, or not.

Ya also change sets, or permutate your dice set based upon what you are seeing. Some advance stuff, & ya gotta really know your toss in order to be successful at it.

Ask Two Dice Billy...He knows! You can also change where you are landing the dice. Worst thing you can do is to NOT change SOMETHING when you are seeing numbers that aren't making you a dime.

9. Freddyy, Apr 16, 2018

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

If you are seeing bad numbers, it’s not your set that’s a problem. It’s your aim. I can aim the dices in a 4x4 inch square on the table with almost the same arc. And I can move to another spot if it gets blocked.

If you aren’t repeating numbers you’re setted for, practice your aim, grip and release.

harrythewit likes this.
  10. tabletop123, Apr 16, 2018

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

I still disagree. Sometimes you absolutely nail your target with the perfect trajectory, Arc etc, yet ya still get numbers that you shouldn't be seeing!

The more experienced tossers know what to do. Once again...most Di's use a specific dice set, & toss...hoping their number/s eventually appear.

I TRY to zero in on the number/s I am trying to toss. If it doesn't appear in XYZ number of tosses, I'm gonna change SOMETHING in order to "get there"!

Call it sniping, sharp-shooting or whatever, but ( in my opinion), the BETTER shooters do a little more than just "take what the table gives ya", hoping the table is kind, forgiving to ya.

When I say: "Sniping ain't happening", I simply mean that "hopping" a number consistently within 1-2 rolls ain't happening, but continuously adjusting trajectory, landing spots, & permutated dice sets in order to Zero in on the number/s you within 3-5 rolls IS HAPPENING for the "Gifted" shooters.

I suspect that JAMES fits that "Gifted" mold! Lol. Ya gotta change the Dice Set when it's warranted!

11. Onautopilot, Apr 16, 2018

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

A great quote from one of my favorite movies, "The Shawshank Redemption". :)

random_roller and TDVegas like this.
  12. von duck, Apr 17, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

He did not say that you were a "good" mathematician, he said you were "quite" the mathematician. :confused: This leaves room for interpretation, and I think that was "quite" good use of sarcasm. :D You are "quite" a few other things too, but we'll get to that later. :)

James Hall likes this.
  13. KokomoJoe4, Apr 17, 2018

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Since the [1][6] seven out can never sit in a hard way outcome, this is a good indication that your outcome is off-axis from your pre-set.

Don't know if this matters to you. I guess it does, IF you consider yourself an on-axis shooter.

Based on the average # of rolls and end result you report, why not hop the [1][6] on roll number 8 and perhaps 9? This will get you a 15:1 winner, since you have two ways in thirty-six to hit it, meaning it should pay you 18:1.

Don't look for fairness anywhere on the craps table except with the odds wager. ;)

harrythewit likes this.
  14. James Hall, Apr 17, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

With the right betting strategy = all the aove

15. KokomoJoe4, Apr 17, 2018

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

I thought LID described when it is time to go take a shit during play on p 804. What confuses me is why he waits until p 859 to tell you that this must be done at an urinal (or is that a urinal)?

16. James Hall, Apr 17, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

I have never found the craps table to be unfair ,
    of course that would totally depend upon what a person considered to be unfair

17. KokomoJoe4, Apr 17, 2018

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

To me, unfair is anywhere from -1.41% to -16.67% house edge.

Actually, I can live with the -1.41% since it is associated with the line bets I like to make and take an opportunity to parlay.

I can also live with the -0.8-0.95% vig on the buy outsides, but do not make these bets often because of the 60-67% loss rates that go along with the four outside numbers showing.

18. harrythewit, Apr 17, 2018

harrythewit

harrythewit Member

Thank you!

19. harrythewit, Apr 17, 2018

harrythewit

harrythewit Member

Thanks for all the feedback. For sure, my sample size is much too small to draw any conclusions....but it is encouraging.

20. James Hall, Apr 17, 2018

James Hall

James Hall Member

"Unfair means different things to different people
    Some think paying less than true odds is unfair , when in fact they pay exactly what they agree to pay

Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.