Hedge to win

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by DiceController, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Southern-Comfort, Jun 20, 2012

Southern-Comfort

Ever consider that it only had so much good luck in it and now you've worn it out? Get another orange shirt and use it wisely! :)

2. kcadillac, Jun 25, 2012

kcadillac

kcadillac Member

Vegas could care less if you hedge your bet in craps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can make any bet you want at a craps table.
    You may have been watching too many tv shows.

3. DarkSiderRidah, Jun 26, 2012

DarkSiderRidah

Ah, hedging. I wouldn't advise doing it on a consistent basis. I would only hedge if its a significant percentage, say 60%, of my bankroll. And when I do hedge, I only bet enough to cover about 75-80% of that initial big bet. I don't like getting all "Negative Nathan" with my own bets because it's true, "scared money don't make money".

As a Don't Pass player, I like to play numbers particularly 6 n' 8 and sometimes 5 n' 9. Im known to hedge my DP bet with house money after Im fortunate enough to hit a couple of points. Say the point is 4 or 10, (my faves as a darksider) it is less expensive to hedge your DP bet since they pay 9/5, dam near double. Plus if your only looking to insure/hedge 75-80% it takes even less.

Say your $25 on the DP. point 10 is established. YES! Place $12 on 6 & 8 each. roll is 8. They pay 14+12, is $26. Take it all down then Take $6 from the 6 and put it on the 8 so there's $6 on each the 6 & 8. Finally Place $10 on the point, which was 10, to insure the $25 DP. We're up $4! DP stil pending. With $22 up on the #'s and $25 on the DP if a 7 comes you would profit $3 + the $4 from hitting the 8 earlier for a grand total of $32. if the 10 comes itll pay $18 for the $10 equalling $28 minus $25 DP loss. 6 & 8 stay on for $6 apiece total from that roll $44 up $19.

The long roll is my fondest homie.

Im new to the Forum, been reading for about a week and thoroughly entertained by the resident cast of characters.

-DSR
    Excited about being a part of the Forum. I hope to continue learning how to avoid making the mistakes some of you have paid, what seems to be fortunes, for. :coolsmile:

4. CrapCheckKing, Aug 3, 2012

CrapCheckKing

CrapCheckKing Member

I guess hedging depends on your bank roll. If you have a $10,000 bank roll. Doesnt make much sense to hedge a $10 p/l bet.

I actually "hedge" a $10 come out roll with a $1 any crap. Minimizes my losses and keeps me at the table longer, especially if a shooter starts off with multiple craps. I usually only bring between 200-500 with me on any given trip, and it can go fast if a crap shooter rolls 3-4 in a row on the come out. I want to extend my playing time and my bank roll in order to play when the button is ON, so that i'm not tapped out when a hot shooter shows up.

So $10 pass, with a $1 any crap. Max win $9, max loss $3 is better than max win $10, max loss $10 in my opinion. Again, it's all about minimizing the loss on the come out for me.

5. Southern-Comfort, Aug 3, 2012

Southern-Comfort

6. kaysirtap, Aug 3, 2012

kaysirtap

kaysirtap Member

Well, you made it really hard to argue with your logic since it is obvious that this is how you feel comfortable playing.

But I will offer a different perspective. Shaving $1 off of your come-out wins seems like a small price to pay for "saving" $7 on come-out losses. But you're also shaving $1 off of winning points, and adding a $1 loss to your seven-outs. In the grand scheme of things... all of your $7 savings on come-out losers are (or should be, statistically) smaller when compared to all of the $1 reductions in come-out wins and made points, along with all of the additional $1 losses you've added to your seven-outs.

I'm not trying to change your ways... just giving you something to think about, if you haven't already.

Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.