Hard way method?

Discussion in 'Prop Bets & Side Bets' started by KokomoJoe4, Dec 19, 2013.

1. KokomoJoe4, Dec 19, 2013

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Was thinking about a way to play with some multiple-bet excitement with a small bankroll. What about an incremental martingale method using only the four hard ways?

Perhaps start with $5 on each of the numbers. Add one buck to each every time it loses. Keep the bet where it is when it hits.

A seven out will cost an additional buck for the bet on each number, but an easy-way loser will only result in the press on that one number.

This is going cost you some money, especially on the seven out, but it seems to me that you can keep playing for a decent amount of time, even with a relatively small buy-in, and it would give you a chance to make a few bucks. I’m not going to retire my old reliable method of play, but was looking to try something different, just for a change of pace. Last time I did this, the full monte bit me in the ass.

2. tercol58, Dec 20, 2013

tercol58

tercol58 Member

It seems to me the cheapest way to play the hard ways is a buck on each and have them covered with a place or field bet parlay on the 1st hit and back for a buck on an easy way. I am sure this is not what you are talking about but I have done this many time on a small bankroll and got some mileage but not always

3. KokomoJoe4, Dec 21, 2013

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

still trying to get this thought straightened out. You can't win much betting a buck.

If you're wagering $20, and your average hit is 8:1 between the four numbers, you need only one hit per two seven outs to be level par.

As your losers accumulate, all bet levels are likely to be different, and each will increase by $1 with every loss. By the time you have a quarter or so on a winner, you're still in the same position, needing only one winner every two seven outs.

Might be interesting to try. Once in a blue moon, the wife will go with me, as long as the trip involves dinner in their finest. I'll put her to work on this method, and she will probably finish ahead of me.

4. tercol58, Dec 21, 2013

tercol58

tercol58 Member

No can't win or lose much but parlay on the 1st hard way and press whatever you want on the next to me it is a good cheap way to be ready if someone gets hot on the hard ways

5. basicstrategy777, Dec 21, 2013

basicstrategy777

I'm not a big hardway bettor but I will bet them. I will only get on them if I see one rolled. I'm not in until that happens. Or I am hedging a Don't 4/10.

I believe constant flat betting and not bumping up wins makes it very difficult to win at this game. You must take advantage at the time things are going well.....Lord knows you will expereience much bad times and to make these up you will have to bet bigger on wins, I believe.

far out likes this.
  6. Dave73, Dec 24, 2013

Dave73

Dave73 Member

Not exactly. you need would need one hit per two sevens with NO easy ways rolled in between.

Im not a big hardway player but lately I have been parlaying my wins. Overall it results in a loss more than anything but its exciting when you turn $1 into $100.

7. $nakeEye$, Dec 24, 2013

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Kind of similar to but a little different than -

" I just shot my big toe off with my semi - automatic hand gun -

Fortunately the ejected cartridge did not burn me ! " -

WHY make BETS that are NOT producing ?

$...eE..$

8. Dave73, Dec 25, 2013

Dave73

Dave73 Member

why? That's easy.
    The short answer: its only a buck.

slightly longer answer: I played zero hardway bets for years because it was only a sucker bet. Now, on the not-as-often-as-I'd-like rolls where I'm shooting well and I'm hitting my place bets multiple times I'll throw out $1 on the Hard 6 and 8 fully knowing I'm throwing it away for 100% entertainment on the long shot chance that my buck will turn into $100 and I get to yell 'wa-hoo!'

9. KokomoJoe4, Dec 4, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Not sure why, but finally tried this type of play for as long as I could stand it.

Started out with $10 on all the HW's, playing nothing but them, using a slowly-increasing "martingale", increasing by $1 with every loser.

Forgot to get whites at the buy-in since I never do, so had trouble at first getting the right amount of money quickly out onto the losers.

Quit after about an hour, where I did have several hits, but also a lot of lose them all at one time on the seven outs.

Ended up -$45 before switching over to a couple of come bets at a time.

This didn't go very well either. Got ahead by maybe $50 before they started going down two at a time without many winners, and bagged it after losing about $175. Although I'm not losing my shirt yet, haven't had a winning session in about the last six. Need to start playing with some people who know how to shoot.

10. tabletop123, Dec 4, 2015

tabletop123

tabletop123 Member

You might need to take a refresher class from Heavy, Kokomo! Your next option Is to Pay that $129 after glow fee (maybe he' s running a early bird christmas special for $99), & attend one of the "live" sessions wherein you can bet the DON'TS on all the instructors, as they all go down in flames, one by one!

On a more serious note, Kokomo, i haven' t had a winning session in a while, myself. Tough game that we play!

11. KokomoJoe4, Dec 4, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

If I could only be so lucky. Since I've not yet had the pleasure, I'd have to put out whatever the 'welcome to my class' introductory fee is, but I think you know it isn't for me.

Heavy probably knows the game better than I. He might even have forgotten more about the game than I know, but both he and I know there isn't any skill involved with it.

12. random_roller, Dec 4, 2015

random_roller

random_roller Member

One of these days I'll just bet $1 on 12 every roll and see how that turns out.

13. betwthelines, Dec 4, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

one time years ago i had a big win and left $100 for the crew with instructions to bet the 12 for the next 100 rolls...

came back a few days later and one of the dealers told me that they didn't do so well with it: iirc he said they hit two 12s...but he thanked me for the bets...

tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

random_roller likes this.
  14. random_roller, Dec 4, 2015

random_roller

random_roller Member

Hopefully if I try this (as an experiment), the 12 will hit a few more times. I was also thinking about 100 rolls.

15. betwthelines, Dec 5, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

good luck...

let us know what happens

tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

16. 7uwin

7uwin Member

I bet the props very rarely but always parlay when I hit. every now and then it's a celebration

Titleistguy and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  17. KokomoJoe4, Dec 5, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

It took a lot of years of play before I ever even bet one, and it's still pretty rare. Once in a while a couple of nickel tries at the six and/or eight, with an aggressive but not a full parlay a couple of times, something like 5-->25-->111.

Was never smart enough to just let the nickel turn into 5K.

18. rudeboy99, Dec 19, 2015

rudeboy99

rudeboy99 Member

I had a for real cowboy customer back during the time when lots off craps tables didn't have $1 chips, they used the $1 slot tokens hoping most of them taken from the game would end up in the dollar slots instead of being cashed out at the cage...it was a bitch to deal with because these tokens weren't real identical and most had slightly different dimensions... anyway, this cowboy walks up to the table with a $100 rack of tokens and started betting a $1 "12" every roll...he burnt up the $100 without a hit and he figured that was mathematically impossible concluding that the game was gaffed & started giving me one of the worst stink eyes I've ever had in my life...

7uwin likes this.

19. 7uwin

7uwin Member

There's not to many guys around anymore who know what "deal steel" means

20. The Midnight Skulker, Dec 29, 2015

The Midnight Skulker

My parents played when actual silver dollars were used. My mother tried to get my dad to pocket some as the switch to tokens was occurring, but he didn't. It was all steel by the time I came of age.

7uwin likes this.