GROUP / TEAM PLAY IN ATLANTIC CITY

Discussion in 'Dice Influencing' started by $nakeEye$, Oct 1, 2011.

1. $nakeEye$, Nov 3, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Win, lose or draw -

This has to be the cat's meow over " normal " table playing conditions !

2. RFB1

RFB1 Member

I don't want to state the obvious, but besides reserving a private table, did we make sure we reserved a *specific* table?

I say specific because several of the tables provide different bounce consistencies, and thus not conducive to our objectives.

There are 2 tables in front of the asian pit that are very bouncy, 1 in front of the asian pit that is hard, like pool slate table hard.

The table in the smoking section is good, but we need to make it non-smoking for our game.

The other option is the table in the House of Blues, and that is slightly hard.
    Also, I really don't like the lighting as it is hard to see the dice and the landing zone.

3. RFB1

RFB1 Member

Oh, and another quick reminder.

Daylight savings is this weekend, so don't forget to *Fall* back an hour.

Officially its 11/6-Sun @ 2am, but most people reset their clocks Sat night before they go to bed...

Regardless, I have a room at Showboat Sat and get up early...

4. $nakeEye$, Nov 3, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

RFB1 -

I have thrown on all 4 tables in ShowBoat - except #5 which is in H of B's -

I think a lot of people are mistaken about the AC tables -

See http://www.crapsforum.com/viewthread/3084/ -and the follow-ups !

5. RFB1

RFB1 Member

The length of the table doesn't concern me, we all know they're 12-footers - it's the bounce of the table.
    At Showboat, only 2 tables are worth throwing dice on - where you have the choice of a slate hard table, or a good bounce table.
    On the bouncy tables, you may as well pick up the dice with your non-dominant hand and chuck them chicken feeder style...

6. $nakeEye$, Nov 4, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

I will PM you in lieu of posting here !

7. RFB1

RFB1 Member

I'm getting excited - it's almost that time and I'm leaving in a few hours to catch the bus to AC.
    Can't wait until tomorrow!

8. BigBen, Nov 5, 2011

BigBen

BigBen Member

Yup, me too.

A L'iL nap, then a Craps Practice Tune-Up, then some Dinner and a L'iL NY Rangers game on TV, a L'iL more practice, then it's off to A/C for our Private Table Craps event tomorrow!!!

We should be rolling in around 11PM tonight.
    Probably visit a table or two for a L'iL pre-meet A-C-T-I-O-N... ;)

I'm also packing my Travel Rig, for a L'iL in-room practice.

BB

9. idoc

idoc Member

You guys be sure to report back to us. We all want to know how it went. :cheese:

10. BigBen, Nov 7, 2011

BigBen

BigBen Member

Hi All,
    Back from A/C's Private Table Event, and what an adventure it was.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone that turned-out, and it was nice meeting all of you.

Secondly, my shot was the worse I've ever seen, I just couldn't do anything right.
    I mean I couldn't even shoot my way out of a paper bag!

My son G-Man & I arrived Saturday at about 11:30PM, checked-in and wanderd over to the Craps Pit.
    We met-up with a few of our Team.

Before we went upstairs, I decided to shoot for a little while.
    I dropped a little during that Session, 13.9% of my BI, to be exact.
    I was thinking to myself; "Man, was THAT a sign of things to come for me??? I sure as heck hope NOT!".
    Well, it WAS!

Sunday AM, G-Man & I went down to the Craps Pit & met-up with Amato.
    He said one of his biggest players was showing-up @ about 9AM, and asked if I'd shoot with him and the High Roller.
    I said sure, after we eat B'kfast.

Well, THAT Session saw me drop 62% of my BI.
    I used my typical 3V which one kept going Off Axis, then the HR suggested I try the Hardways Set, so I did, and NOTHING, just a small potato once in a while!

Then our Private Table party met @ 10:30AM, a VERY nice group of people.
    We got to the table and proceeded to play.
    Amato and his HR client joined us as well.

Naturally, it was a little disorganized at first, but it seemed to settle down after a while.
    Part of the problem was that some of our Team was out of position, so we simply rotated shooting positions every once in a while as requested. No problem, we just wanted SOMEONE to carry the ball!

As the PT Session wore on, it seemed that no-one was able to get anything going. I mean it was like a PSO Fest, or Point, One Pass, THEN SO!
    Cold as all heck....

Then $nakeeye$ and Mrs. $nakeeye$ started to get into a grove after a while, which kept some of us afloat.
    They both had a penchant for tossing CO Naturals, so that helped too.
    NICE WORK!

A couple of our Shooters had decent Hands after a while too, somewhere in the mid/high teens, but there was no real consistency throughout.

After shooting a few terrible Hands, I passed the dice.
    That Session saw me drop 47.9% of my BI.

I'm not certain how everyone else ended-up, so feel free to post your take on this trip.

All-in-all it was tough, but on the bright side, we got together with some good people that I'm SURE were just off that day.

As they say, a few Sessions is NOT a good representation of what is typically REAL!

Now that I'm done beating myself up, it's time to get back to work...
    We'll get 'em next time my friends!

Thanks Again All,
    BigBen

11. Southern-Comfort, Nov 7, 2011

Southern-Comfort

Sounds like a slaughterhouse. What were the issues with the bad rolls? Were the sevens the results of double pitches? Were the dice not staying together?
    That many people together with an understanding of DI, all having a long bad day together is somewhat suspicious, did anybody check for anything under the felt? What about the dice?

12. BigBen, Nov 7, 2011

BigBen

BigBen Member

To be honest, I can't blame the dice, table or anything esle.
    I shot great on that table not too long ago (including a 5 Fire Bet Win), so unless something was changed, (which I seriously doubt), it was we shooters.

I just HOPE that some of our friends/teammates did better than I did on the $$$ front.

BB

13. eagledice, Nov 7, 2011

eagledice

eagledice Member

BigBen

For goodness sakes, don't knock yourself out after this weekend. You have not lost your edge or your good tossing skills. Its "Nerves".

I have attended several of DI Craps Seminars in Vegas and the results of the Private table play is very common. Everyone has a "nervous edge" at the table whether they think so or not. The adrenalin is pumping and all parties are trying to do their best so no one loses any money on their rolls. It happens all the time. This is very common when the group is comprised of a lot of new faces. We know each other through the boards, but have limited or no table experience together. After 2 or 3 turns around the table, someone does settle down and do a decent run, but nothing like our home play or prior live table experience.

If you ever read trip reports of various 4 day weekend dice seminars, you will see as more live sessions happen, lots of really good rolls show up after several sessions have occurred. They groups have played and practiced and "watched" other members and then start to see their tendencies. Also, the Nerves are basically gone, and we become our Natural selves at the table.

As time progresses the good rolls do come back.

If everyone had a great time and begin to play more together you will see results increasing. Its a great first start and Congrats to You for putting this thing together.

Eagledice

14. $nakeEye$, Nov 7, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

BigBen,

Linda and I wish to thank you for all the hard work that you put into making yesterday's PT event possible !

Also, it was our privilege to meet and shoot with all of you !

Although the event was not monetarily profitable for Linda or I, it was a most enjoyable and enlightening event that we look forward to doing again as soon as possible !

I do not want the ShowBoat to get too comfortable holding onto our money !

I suffered a 30% Buy-in loss - while Linda had a 10% Buy-in loss .

Looking back on this - I would contribute this happening due to our ( my ) betting strategy -

We waited for each player to make it past the 5-count; OR throw a repeating box number, then start making bets on them - GOOD - avoided a lot of early 7- outs -

We would than wait for a box number to be thrown then make a 2X table min bet on that number -

Linda worked the 4,5 and 6, I worked the 8,9 and 10 - ( converted come bet according to the DiceDoctor ) -MEDIOCRE - GOOD -

We would then parley the 1st hot on each number, rack the 2nd hit, parley the 3rd hit, rack and regress to 2X table min on 4th hit - GOOD - EXCELLENT for Long rolls - FAIR - POOR for short rolls -

The long rolls needed to capitalize on this strategy were, unfortunately , few and far between -

Also, we would parlay our PL front line winnings on naturals on the C/O roll - and regress to table min after 4 parlays -GOOD -

We will continue to use the 5-count method / repeating box number qualification, even though it is scorned upon by certain members of certain forums - different strokes for different folks -

However - after qualification - we'll go right up on the numbers - outside four for me and the 6 and 8 for Linda -

Do a " 1 unit press " on the hits in lieu of the parlays -

In this manner we will not leave the winnings on the table -

Which is my usual style of playing - but changed for the table event - anticipating long rolls from most shooters -

Oh well -

Some days you be the pigeon - and some days you be the statute !

It's time to make arrangements for another event !

Also, Linda doesn't take to " Mrs. $nakeeye$ " -

We have to get her her own handle !

15. Southern-Comfort, Nov 7, 2011

Southern-Comfort

How about "Snake Charmer"?
    Anyway, What kind of sevens were killing You guys up there? Since BigBen mentioned that he does 3=v and it was suggested trying the hardway set, and it didn't fix the issue, I have to assume it was double pitches, but nobody has said anything concrete yet. Nosey people want to know.

16. $nakeEye$, Nov 7, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

I was throwing the 2V during my point cycle - 6/4 on the top - 5/5 facing me - OH throw from SO -

The majority of my 7-outs were the 5/2 - but with a few 6/1 and 4/3 thrown in -

As far as the 7-outs that were landing in front of me -

Unfortunately, I did not take particular note as to what they were -

Maybe next time we should record what the #'s were on the 7-outs !

17. $nakeEye$, Nov 7, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

A couple of shooters at the AC PT gig are on this forum -

Many others belong to The Dice Institute web forum -

A few of us belong to both and a few others -

Anyhow -

For those of you who are watering at the mouth -

Chomping at the bit -

To get the low down and the nitty-gritty of our outing -

I suggest that you also check out the following link -

http://diceinstitute.maxforum.org/2011/10/15/possible-private-10-table-in-ac-on-sunday-116/page4/

Which might offer a little bit more insight than what is posted here -

Also -

One posting would eliminate a lot of redundant postings -

Which equates to " copy and paste " in this modern technology -

If only Grandma could see what's happening today -

She was of the era of " wite-out " " correcto- ribbon " on the IBM " Selectra " typewriters !

18. $nakeEye$, Nov 7, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Much more interesting, in my opinion , anyhow , than " SnakeSlayer " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. BigBen, Nov 7, 2011

BigBen

BigBen Member

Being that Linda was crushing the Naturals on her CO rolls, how 'bout:

The CO Naturalist

The Naturalizer

CO Naturalizer

CO Artist

CO Queen

20. $nakeEye$, Nov 8, 2011

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

Our neighbors across the street prior to their moving out many years ago - at least the husband - Louie - referred to / called Linda - " Lovely " -

That " moniker " seems to " fit " her personality -

So - back to the drawing board !

Lou and Roseanne moved to Mt. Olive Twp., NJ - Lou refers to himself as a " 7 Machine " - unfortunately it's during his point cycle and not his CO thats he's the 7 Machine !

Reminder: This is the Dice Influencing section.