Game Plan??

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by Badcompany12, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Freddyy, Mar 7, 2018

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

Nice rolls! I like to powerpress from minimum, simply cuz bad hand are less costy and big hands don’t pay much less.

2. Dave G Ct, Mar 7, 2018

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Great hands!

3. lone irish digit, Mar 7, 2018

lone irish digit

This is Barney not the LID,

Greatest post Mr Dave which reminds me of the George and Eustace

Thank you very much

yacraps and The Midnight Skulker like this.
  4. The Midnight Skulker, Apr 1, 2018

The Midnight Skulker

I think this topic is covered in the After Glue sniffing sessions.
    Back in my golfing days I found it was much easier to take a full swing than a lesser one. Hence, in appropriate situations I would intentionally underclub instead of trying for max distance. In craps I therefore prefer to adjust my position rather than my power.
    I believe this was merely a major side effect of the primary goal: bias a player's bets towards a rhythm roller, Frank's -- or was it The Captain's? -- original term for a DI.
    This is closer to what I remember, though 57% sticks in my mind. Come to think of it, though, that may have been the percentage of losing hands that would be avoided.
    The Captain reportedly came to 5 as the optimum number based on personal experience and observation, patterns in tea leaves, a haruspex reading of chicken entrails, and a chance meeting with a swami while traipsing through the Kalahari with Marlin Perkins.
    As I said, the 5-count assumes DI exists, hopes there is at least one DI at the table, and attempts to locate him/her/them. No DI, either at the table or at all, then no benefit (other than the reduced exposure to the HA). Anti-believers need not concern themselves with it thereby avoiding the risk of being soiled by the equine exhaust.
    Been there, done that. The twiddling was a bit of a bore, but was offset by watching the racks of others deflate -- the chip racks, perverts -- while mine remained -- Incoming! -- robust.
    Unfortunately, you won't know that until you have lost it at the tables and have to stand in front of the TV when you get home.
    I knew 57% was in there somewhere. :confused:

yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.