first place twinks

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by betwthelines, Jun 6, 2015.

1. betwthelines, Jun 6, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

the overachieving twinks lost 2 inna row at home today for the first time this season...also marked their 20th loss out of 20 games when behind after 8 innings and their 21st out of 21 when behind after 7...such is revealing as to where the June 7 first place twinks will end up...

...nevertheless as opposed to EVERY pre-season pundit-myself included-who picked the twinks for last in the al central, i am out on limb now saying that they will avoid the cellar...they have a shot at it anyway
    tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

2. KokomoJoe4, Jun 6, 2015

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

They looked fantastic hammering the Pirates here in Pittsburgh. I was lucky enough to be at both games.

In fact, my favorite team is 0-5 this year when entertaining me and mine.

3. Onautopilot, Jun 6, 2015

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Being a long time Padre fan, and a past Cub fan, I have learned to enjoy baseball for the pleasure of just watching it. A few hours in a beautiful park, a $10 beer, and yelling insulting remarks at the umpires...."Stick in your ear UMP, you're blind, that was a strike!". :)

betwthelines likes this.
  4. Bases loaded, Jun 6, 2015

Bases loaded

Bases loaded Member

Mucho respect for Twins franchise. They have a few championships, and go to the playoffs more than a team form a market their size would typically dictate.

I root for the junior team in the NY market, and take a lot of abuse for that. Yankees are the 300 lb. gorilla around here. We all defer to them.

Always loved Tony Oliva, Harmon Killebrew, and Rod Carew!

5. betwthelines, Jun 6, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

when i'm not losing at the craps table, i watch alot of ball...usually catch a mn gopher game or 2 but missed them this year for some reason...the st paul saints hava new ballpark that will require special trips now, whereas in the past the field was within walking distance of the state fair so i would always catch them then anda few other times...plan on a couple-a games this year...some pretty good high school ball is close by and the final championships are now played at target field, the twinks home and last year caught the very exciting championship game there and plan on doing that again (this is a great place to watch ball...back in 2010 the hype for its opening was so nauseating to this contrarian that i went [to the first game, a college gophers vs La State affair, the 2nd, a practice game vs Pujols' cardinals and, of course, the home opener {an event that i have not missed since 1984 at the old met}] there totally prepared to be ultra critical: but was just totally impressed with the place instead)...minnesota being a hotbed of "townball", it is mostly these amateur games that i go to see...it is usually some great ball...indeed in the early years of the new independent league st paul saints and while difficult to compare in some ways, there were more than a few local town clubs that i thought would give the saints all they wanted...indeed an all star outfit from these town clubs might have played 'em .500 ball...this is no longer the case as the american association, the independent league with the saints has evolved into something alot like high double a ball, replete with their share of international (read mostly latin) players...tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p
    -g. geist: do you really think anybody gives a shit about the ball games you go to?!
    --tom p: yah. sorry. i get started and just go on and on when it's about ball
    ---g. geist ad nauseum
    ----tom p:
    -----g. geist:
    ------tom p: there was some talk about "perfection" onna nother thread & whether it was possible
    -------g. geist: so?
    --------tom p: 90 feet between bases, baby...90 feet between bases.

Onautopilot likes this.
  6. betwthelines, Jun 6, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

the yankmees are the 300 lb gorilla EVERYWHERE...widely hated, they pack 'em in across the country...deferment indeed...tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

7. Onautopilot, Jun 6, 2015

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I am also a big baseball fan at the lower levels, my grandson plays college ball, Alabama A&M, and I try to get to some games when possible. He was player of the week several times in their league....Proud grandpa!

My Avatar just agreed with geist......:)

8. FrankScoblete, Jun 7, 2015

FrankScoblete

FrankScoblete Member

Onautopilot, saw Padres versus Cubs a few weeks ago. Great game. Padres won in 13th on a walk off.

Onautopilot likes this.
  9. Onautopilot, Jun 7, 2015

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I always thought it was an "800 lb. Gorilla". :)

10. Dave G Ct, Jun 7, 2015

Dave G Ct

Dave G Ct Member

Twins are surprising people with their great start. Low payroll - beautiful stadium- great history. Philly's looking to unload. Yankees if Tonaka stays healthy and the home runs continue they may leave everyone behind in their division.Back of the pen is the best in baseball. Should be an exciting year

11. FrankScoblete, Jun 7, 2015

FrankScoblete

FrankScoblete Member

Jerry "Stickman" is a Twins fan. We went to a game last summer.

12. betwthelines, Jun 8, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

he did??! well, i mean i do run on, i guess...

but you gave me a "like" for the post so that's all that matters...and g. geist is nothing but a big pain in the ass here lately, mocking my posts, including this ball thread, at every turn recently...screw him/her! (and your "avatar" too?)...tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

Onautopilot likes this.
  13. betwthelines, Jun 26, 2015

betwthelines

betwthelines Member

town ball at target field tomorrow!!

http://www.1500espn.com/pages/promotions/townballclassic/

I'm pretty excited about it, 'specially since i havent been to any townball games yet this year, unusual for me...

four-baggers at this level are never boring! :cool: maybe some will go long in the twinks park tomorrow...see more triples at this level than in the bigs too...for the most part they dont despicably "pull up" comin' into second...hustle, baby, hustle, fun, baby, fun...

tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  14. Onautopilot, Jun 26, 2015

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

$10 ticket covers all three games? Wow, and it even goes to charity. Last MLB game I went to, I'm still paying off the credit card I used. :) Have fun at the games.

betwthelines likes this.